GBS

"hey i'm building this modern peasant cube, can you take a look at my list"
"sure" *started looking* "oh, you have Woodlot Crawler, i'm not a fan of such strongly color hate cards because " *explanation of reasons*
"well green is really good so I wanted a way to balance that."
"yeah, but I'm not sure that's really the right way to go about that, because " *explanation of reasons*
"I guess I'll remove Zombie Outlander"
"wait, you had that too?"

man what

Ill be visiting Springfield MO Nov 4 and will be there for a few days for some training. Looking to see if theres any cubers in the area that would want to hook up for some gaming. If there is just let me know what works and we'll get something set up.

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
"Hi, I'm Tracy. I don't think the cube packs you're dealing are randomized enough. Let me help shuffle them!"

Photo%2010-21-2013%2C%2010%2030%2035%20PM.jpg

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
Does anyone else have this problem?

I've been muddling along in my next cube revision for a while now. A month at least, and its really not getting anywhere. I think to myself, I need help. And then I realize, I'm part of a cube community that exists (at least partly) for the very specific purpose of helping out with this kind of stuff! I should just ask them!

But then I sit down to try to articulate what I need help with, and I find that just as hard as actually doing the cube revisions that I need to ask for help with, so rather then just ask some questions and possibly hitting upon the epiphany that breaks me through this developmental rut, I just lurk these forums (and others) and hope someone randomly says something useful to me without making any attempt to elicit a useful response, then get frustrated when it doesn't happen.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Does anyone else have this problem?

I've been muddling along in my next cube revision for a while now. A month at least, and its really not getting anywhere. I think to myself, I need help. And then I realize, I'm part of a cube community that exists (at least partly) for the very specific purpose of helping out with this kind of stuff! I should just ask them!

But then I sit down to try to articulate what I need help with, and I find that just as hard as actually doing the cube revisions that I need to ask for help with, so rather then just ask some questions and possibly hitting upon the epiphany that breaks me through this developmental rut, I just lurk these forums (and others) and hope someone randomly says something useful to me without making any attempt to elicit a useful response, then get frustrated when it doesn't happen.

You should probably have a face-to-face (or at least voice) conversation with someone. I have lots of ideas about the budget cube thing but the thought of taking the time to type them out is a major roadblock.

CML

Contributor
So I'm tutoring this kid whom I correctly guessed played mtg, and once I knew he was a friend of ours I decided I was gonna give him some bulk rares. 100-handed one has no use to me but for him it'll make his day! (Though to be fair i thought the same of Desecration "Big Double D's" Demon a year ago) ... anyway he told me 'I've got this card that's so overpowered. it's probably not legal in tournaments. it's called ... crypt incursion." i told him it wasn't great and then i realized i was a giant hypocrite because

PLEASE NOW someone find the video of me losing to that card with my lifegain deck.

CML

Contributor
we've had a great deal of fun coming up with cards that describe the magic weddings that happen from time to time around here. annul is kind of obvious but bond of agony was great and well there's this hagon-inspired gem

60.jpg

while rereading Brideshead Revisited i made a note comparing Bridey to Hagon because well yeaaahhhhhhhh. i wonder if his wife collects matchboxes

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
Do you guys think we should have a separate subforum for non-Magic discussion?

I think we're gonna go ahead and try this out, since 90% of our forum activity seems to be on this thread, which has long outgrown its original intended purpose. Not everything needs to be in GBS; now you can feel free to make Specific BS threads!