General Guess the Card

1. It's a card from Ikoria like Fox.
2. It's a card from Ikoria like Cyclone.
3. It's a card from Ikoria like Nest.
4. It's a card from Ikoria like Stinger.
Four cards, four clues. Easy.

Maybe this, if you're really reaching for some connections
Not personally loving the red herring clues. Any of the posted answers could have been right, and that's defeats the purpose for me a bit. Ideally, for me, there should only be one correct answer.

Yeah, I probably should have used only 1 or two more cards from Ikoria and revealed the french vanilla right away but I didn't think that iko would trip people up this much :(

Fox
Enchantment
Gains Life
Goes in a serpent deck.

If this isn't it I have no idea what you're angling for.
Pretty sure you were looking at the right answer, so I will reveal it.

Kills doomwake giant (at least in flavor text and strange scenarios)
Kills floodtide serpent
is a flourishing fox
is the slayer of hydras (or at least eats them, I couldn't find a good Theros hydra it didn't trade with ;) )
Pretty sure this would have been a good riddle without the red herrings, so maybe I'll do that next time.

Looking back I should probably have used things like giant killer with the slayer to show I was looking for flavor. But I wanted to show off the creatures from Theros that it killed :p Sorry for the annoying card, TrainmasterGT was closest so they win.

Last edited:
Maybe

So nightbound, power greater than 3, you gain life rather than your opponent, and the opposite of artifacts are aura curses? :p
Not sure what Flames of Moradin have to do with this card... You can't kill it with fire you need water and salt?

it's the flames of moradin that keeps tripping me up
Yeah that one is a bit awkward. Only one line of Text is relevant here :p
But its also the key to solving the whole thing.

Edit: To further clarify: it's never the whole card thats a clue, only isolated aspects of it.
Virus Beetle for example could mean: card is the opposite of black, card is not an artifact/creature or neither, card draws a card, card is the opposite of an insect, card has really big stat line, ...

Last edited:
Yeah that one is a bit awkward. Only one line of Text is relevant here :p
But its also the key to solving the whole thing.

Edit: To further clarify: it's never the whole card thats a clue, only isolated aspects of it.
Virus Beetle for example could mean: card is the opposite of black, card is not an artifact/creature or neither, card draws a card, card is the opposite of an insect, card has really big stat line, ...
Is it…

5/4 instead of 4/5
Not a land and power greater than 3.
Does something on the end step instead of the upkeep.
Creates artifacts instead of destroying them.
[/ci]

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Is it…

Clue 1: the opposite of you create a creature is your opponent sacrifices a creature.
Clue 2: the opposite of 3 or less is 4 or greater.
Clue 3: the opposite of your opponent gains life is you gain life.
Clue 4: the opposite of sorcery is instant.
?

Sadly not. I didn't anticipate the puzzle to be this difficult. Some of the clues might be a bit too obscure. The fourth clue is: the (loose) opposite of destroy 3 artifacts.

Onders interpretations of c2 and c3 are also in the right direction. A card can allude to 1 or more qualities of the answer though.

Sadly not. I didn't anticipate the puzzle to be this difficult. Some of the clues might be a bit too obscure. The fourth clue is: the (loose) opposite of destroy 3 artifacts.

Onders interpretations of c2 and c3 are also in the right direction. A card can allude to 1 or more qualities of the answer though.
I like your challenge. The problem is that it is only the opposite of part of the card. E.g, a creature with defender, flying and 1/8 and then the opposite could mean a non creature. A creature with 8/1, a non flying creature or any non-defender one. Let alone a non white card…

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb

Writing riddles (which these essentially are) is a craft. I write pub quizzes every now and then, and it's so easy to overshoot the mark and end up with a bunch of way too obscure questions :D

Is it, maybe,

Hint 1: the opposite of creating biological life is creating artificial life?
Hint 2: the opposite of one creature with power 3 is three creatures with power 1
Hint 3: the opposite of your opponent gains life is they lose life
Hint 4: the opposite of destroying three artifacts is creating three (through fabricate)
?

Yeah I underestimated how difficult it would be with sheer infinite possibilities.

Think Twilight on the first clue.

Marrionette Master is the one I thought of while taking a shower yesterday, sad that it isn't it since fabricate could make it four power, but with the new hint today, I think I got it.

This is it. Y'all are absolved;)

C0: Non of the cards are black
C1: Opposite of Werewolf, P/T are switched.
C2: creature with Power greater than 3
C3: the opposite of perpetual life gain for an opponent is a one time life drain/loss
C4: opposite of destroy 3 is control 3 Artifacts, hence metalcraft

In hindsight I leaned way to much on the first card/clue. I think the format has potential but I should have thought longer about the clue cards. Thanks for not giving up ;)

Last edited: