Guess the Magic Art!

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Ok, some hints...

He works for free.
hiero_G1.png
This is one of the lesser known arts for this card.
On a sodium-free diet.
This card has two double consonants in its name.
Casper's friend.
Does not work as advertised.

I don't know if I made this any easier...

Do you know how many double consonant words there are in MtG? A lot. There are a lot.
#5 is takklemaggot

PS. I'd die if I actually had to play with/against that card. Wall of text here we come.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Do you know how many double consonant words there are in MtG? A lot. There are a lot.
#5 is takklemaggot

PS. I'd die if I actually had to play with/against that card. Wall of text here we come.
Haha, did you go through them all then? I bet there are less cards with two double consonants than there are sorceries though! I still don't know Kirblinx's nr. 9! :(

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
I remember casting Takklemaggot a ton back in 1996ish, but if you put a gun to my head now and asked me what it does (even just describing it roughly), you'd have to shoot me.

edit: Hey! I think that's the card they were trying to recreate when they made Necrotic Plague a few years back. Mimics it right down to the wall of text.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I remember casting Takklemaggot a ton back in 1996ish, but if you put a gun to my head now and asked me what it does (even just describing it roughly), you'd have to shoot me.

edit: Hey! I think that's the card they were trying to recreate when they made Necrotic Plague a few years back. Mimics it right down to the wall of text.
Thanks! Now I'm disappointed that Necrotic Plague doesn't turn into a non-aura enchantment that loses you 1 life each turn after it did its thing! :)

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Ok, I'll help you a bit more if you wish :)

Not that he has a choice.
A camp diver.
Ready to rumble.
hint.jpg

Kirblinx

Developer
Staff member
4. Molder Slug
That hint. It helped a lot.

3 is driving me mental. I know I have seen it somewhere. 1 is also familiar, but still can't get it.

So, for a fancy hint for my number 9:
It may not be inspired. But they had no other options.

I hope that is good enough :p
EDIT,: I spent so long I actually got sniped! (curse you Laz!)

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Correct! Beforehand I would have pegged 7 as the most difficult. Glad to see it's still there :) Didn't expect 2 to last this long though!

Laz

Developer
I recalled seeing 2... Cadaver Imp. I couldn't recall the name, and I couldn't remember enough about it to make it easy to search (Black creature, text contains: flying, graveyard) Flying was from the clue though.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I recalled seeing 2... Cadaver Imp. I couldn't recall the name, and I couldn't remember enough about it to make it easy to search (Black creature, text contains: flying, graveyard) Flying was from the clue though.

Ha, I wondered if someone would pick that up from the clue, seeing as my vocabulary was a bit limited because I chose to go with an anagram of the card name ;)