Site News Inaugural RipLab draft: February 9th (Sunday)

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Must... Resist.... Urge... For.. Sarcasm....

If we start getting more then we just make two 16 man pods, then do a second draft for the people that top 4 each of those. We get another 3 rounds of cubing, unless people have time commitments.

Yeah, if this becomes a thing that people like we can start advertising a bit more widely. I am sure I could get some of my cubers online to fill out a 16-person event, but starting at 8PM Antwerp time means there would be no time for us to do runbacks.

Dougggggg

Reigning Draft Champion
Yeah, if this becomes a thing that people like we can start advertising a bit more widely. I am sure I could get some of my cubers online to fill out a 16-person event, but starting at 8PM Antwerp time means there would be no time for us to do runbacks.

That is the thing that I figured would be the biggest issue was fighting time zones since we have people for each end of the pond.

Apparently my usename on skype was snorful.

Skype is one of the few things I dislike on win 8.

I hardly know how to work it at all, since i hardly use it.

found you Blanton sent friend request.

i can't seem to find Jonas or Changeling Bob based on the names they gave me. you could always try adding me, again its airdashcancel

note spelling

or rather, years old misspelling but you CAN'T GO BACK ON INTERNET NAMES

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member

If we get enough for a second draft pod, do we want to do an earlier Sunday session for the Europeans, say in the afternoon for you guys? I think Sunday morning EST might actually work better for me.

for those wondering you can type /alertsoff to keep the skype window from destroying you with the amount of chat in the group

/alertson to get it back

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
If we get enough for a second draft pod, do we want to do an earlier Sunday session for the Europeans, say in the afternoon for you guys? I think Sunday morning EST might actually work better for me.

I think for now let's just launch one this week, and if it doesn't suck balls we can get more people in on it. I probably never want to do more than one draft in a day though, because I'm an old man.

VibeBox

Contributor
someone should really record as much as they can for the youtube channel. if you want to attract people to it you have to show them

I was considering asking about being a spectator. I'm interested, but can't commit to playing with a 2 year old. It's far more likely that I could record spectator mode though as I used to do youtube videos and have the setup for it. I wouldn't have to be at the keyboard the entire time, so the kid won't matter in that regard...

Let me know if you want to discuss further the logistics of that.

I don't think I'll be making it lads, I've got only this Sunday to finish my friend's apartment before she's of to SF.

How long do we think it will take, what with trying out tech and everything? I pretty much have until midnight, but since I probably won't be in the winner bracket, I might just be able to finish any games left on monday or some other day?

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
How long do we think it will take, what with trying out tech and everything? I pretty much have until midnight, but since I probably won't be in the winner bracket, I might just be able to finish any games left on monday or some other day?

Call me optimistic but I don't think it'll take more than four hours. Tech shouldn't be so difficult. I hope.