Sets [KHM] Kaldheim Official Previews

Let's talk about these in the speculation thread. I'm very suspicious of these because Snoko was revealed to be fake and this seems like a weird place for the Phyrexians to show up.

I didn't even realize there was another thread. Gets confusing when there's 3 threads for every set. The cards are pretty sus, but, who knows.

Well, now it seems pretty real I guess? I am also pro one thread btw.

Damn, I really just wanted a beautiful viking world. What theros was for greek mythology I wanted now for norse mythology. Period. Add some top down mechanics and a nice showcase frame and I'm happy.

What I didn't want was onslaught 4.0 full blown tribal set and now also not phayrexian invasion 3.0 man.

I hope I can just pick up two or three fitting cards for my cube in the showcase frame and then I'll be waiting for time spiral remastered and modern horizons 2.

If we're going to bother to have multiple threads for each set, shouldn't we also separate out "official" spoilers and leaks?

Can we just merge and re-name it as a generic Kaldheim thread? It seems like extra legwork to navigate with no real benefit. I think we're fine with just an "official" thread for each new set with a testing/includes thread as a follow-up. Makes it easier to follow up on conversations and thoughts.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
We could have one general speculation thread with unconfirmed spoilers, and then a single thread per set where you can post about confirmed spoilers. Problem is the speculation thread will probably fall off the first page so it should probably be pinned, if that is a possibility.

A thread would naturally transition from speculation to official spoilers to "I'm including this" as time went on. I don't see the issue with one. I do, however, see the issue of me not even knowing there was another thread and I guess I posted in the wrong one? I put it in spoilers because I knew it was speculation, which could be an appropriate thing to do in a single, official thread.

But I'll tell you
+

toskibearerofsecretsp.jpg

Here's the actual card.

I like Squirrel Friend. I'm not sure he's actually good, but I think he looks pretty fun to play with. Maybe I'll make some room for him?

The image worked yesterday. Vel probably took it down to keep the secret...

I thought it was so funny that I had first made a ‘secret’ joke and then you came and said you’d reveal the secret but didn’t because your picture didn’t work :p Nobody laughed at my joke though so maybe I’m not as funny as I thought :p

I sadly do not have the admin priviliges to ruin Brad’s comments :( ;)

I think the card's awesome. Sweet for GW tokens, rather than having to splash blue in a deck, and having to fit Edric into a gold slot. For obvious reasons great at holding equipment too. Nice.

I sadly do not have the admin priviliges to ruin Brad’s comments :(;)

I suspect you crashed the host of the image, as there's a broken image still there...

ravnic, you could shift black's removal to -X/-X to circumvent the 1 indestructible toughness a bit if you wanted.

Definitely a cool 1/1. Don't think I'll end up using it, but I do like it.

Now that the card has been spoiled a few days, I start to wonder if it even is as good as some people seem to think (mostly the green haters). I mean, let's compare it with this card from a recent set:

Toski has indestructible, which the Mission hasn't. But, the enchantment is indestructible for red and quite close to it for blue and in most cubes still for black. Additionally, Toski can't do much against -X/-X effects, exile effects, transforming removal or things that put it somewhere else or just steal it. Not getting countered is an upside, but not a huuuge one.

Reconnaissance Mission has cycling, which makes it a little bit less bad when you're behind. I think that Toski blocks as an indestructible 1/1 is compareable? If you're fighting a horde of X/1s, then he's better, but if you're getting beaten by a 6/8 with evasion he's not helpful, and I'd rather draw another card to see if I can get my removal spell.

The one thing that scares me a little bit is the indestructibility if you're not behind and you have an equiment. But even then, he is just a 1/1, so medium equipment like a Vulshok Morningstar wouldn't be that bad.

I think I would like to try him, but I am a really cautious person when it comes to strong new cards. If a card underperforms, the player can just board it out. But if a card is too good, he usually wont do it so quickly, and it can continue to ruin everyones day.

I mean sure. Toski blocks as an indestructible..
Once

The biggest upside to Tuski over the Mission is probably the color since green is much more likely to be the color of tokens and wide board than blue.

Oh, yeah. I forgot that line. I guess he's fine then. Also, I am not even that sure that being green is such a huge advantage. To support the ninja deck I have quite a few cheap fliers in blue. Green has tokens but no evasion. White would probably be the best color for that effect anyway.