Sets [KLD] Kaladesh Spoilers Thread

Woah woah Woah woah. I just read that again..... what in the hell!? If you don't cast it you put it in your hand??? Wow that's very very strong. I am very conflicted right now... Edroc and Shardless agent are both good, but... hmmm

Between this, Edric, and Coiling Oracle, Simic could get a lot out of a top-of-library theme.

Oh shit, I just reread Rashmi now for the first time. I initially thought well, I guess no counterspells. Instead it's just pseudo cascade or draw a card. Pretty sweet. Play it alongside Courser, Top, Brainstorms, etc. and things can get pretty saucy. 2/3 at 4 is a bit fragile though, a 1/4 would have been amazing.

sigh said:
st: 6
Here's the pic. Wow! What a sweet card. Not quite sure what I'd take out, but it'd probably be Jori En ( :( ). Love how naturally it pulls you towards artifacts, but works great without!

first ability seems weaker than dack but having a proactive second ability is nice

rashmi seems sweet

i want to like battleship. like an inferno titan for welder decks

Woah woah Woah woah. I just read that again..... what in the hell!? If you don't cast it you put it in your hand??? Wow that's very very strong. I am very conflicted right now... Edroc and Shardless agent are both good, but... hmmm

"On each turn."

Oh, so my counterspells and instant-speed card draw trigger this?

Good to know... good to know...

Reactions: yan
first ability seems weaker than dack but having a proactive second ability is nice

rashmi seems sweet

i want to like battleship. like an inferno titan for artifact decks . so clunky n plain

I'm actually kind of frustrated, because I already have Dack in my cube. I really wanted her to be 4 mana so I could cut Ral Zarek and make it easy on me, but... ugh. I may have to just cut Dack. Which is a real shame.

Once again, I must rear my head, and let loose with the full-throated battlecy of my House.

*ahem*

"FUCK Dack Fayden."

That is all.

Haha, yeah. I think he's coming out. Sahili gets bonus points for being interesting at least... even though she can't steal a blightsteel colossus.

Haha, yeah. I think he's coming out. Sahili gets bonus points for being interesting at least... even though she can't steal a blightsteel colossus.
No, she cant. She can only put one straight on the battlefield from your deck (after a few turns). :p

Dack is nice, and is very powerful, but I do like Saheeli better.

50ef9809-f1a9-41da-a082-a330e401c82d.jpg
Look at this cutie!

Goldwire Familiar
Etb gain two life
On death draw a card
2/2

Nice! Definitely replacing my little bottle gnomes with this! Does everything I wanted the gnomes to do bit better. I like that it sticks around for sacrifice by Daretti, and you still get the life boost.

verdurousgearhulk.jpg

What if wolfir silverheart was also a robot? Not really the same insane amount of distributed power (12 for silverheart) but still a neat version. Either you get an 8/8 trampler for 5 mana, or you end up with a pretty beefed up army.

Laz

Developer
The gears in my head are already spinning. Artifact, +1/+1 counters, strong standalone incentive card. It just might be that between Kaladesh and the followup set (Kaladesh: Return of the Dwarves?) we get enough pieces that I have to rebuild a secondary cube.

I cannot help but feel that this set is way more adventurous than usual. Vehicles would easily have been enough craziness to add to a set, but energy counters as well (I know that I have a bunch of games that use 'energy counters', now Ihave to go and check if Ilike the design of my Android: Netrunner counters more than my Risk: 2210 AD counters... Oh, Wizards, why must you make me choose?).

I know Red's 4 Drops have a good number of great options, but is this a simple and clean option for middling power cubes??
skyshipstalker.jpg

Seems like a fine curve topper in Rx aggro, and a decent piece in a Rx midrange deck. All in all, definitely a big fan of a card that is flexible, but straightforward in it's flexibility. My top slot for swapping would probably be Ogre Battledriver

Laz

Developer
Current hope: The RW Dwarf Pilot is a plant for Commander, and the 'other Dwarves you control get +1/+1' is completely meaningless for this set.

Also something that produces and sacrifices Thopters, like Pentavus. My UR decks always seem to have a lot of thopters lying around.

Current hope: The RW Dwarf Pilot is a plant for Commander, and the 'other Dwarves you control get +1/+1' is completely meaningless for this set.

You don't like Dwarves? I think they're great, and perfect for the "default" white tribe which they have struggled to find for a long time.

Demon of Shady Schemes
3BBB
Creature - Demon

Flying

When Demon of Shady Schemes enters the battlefield, all other creatures get -2/-2 until the end of turn.

Whenever another creature dies, gain E (one energy counter).

2B, pay EEEE: Put target creature card from a graveyard onto the battlefiend tapped under your control.

5/5

demonofshadyschemes.jpg