Sets (LCI & REX) Lost Caverns of Ixalan and Jurassic Park spoilers

corpsesofthelost.jpg

SKELETON PIRATES.

I gotta say, I'm really happy about seeing a bunch of golems being printed. I have a small hope of being able to run "incidental golem tribal" as a thing, but I haven't yet seen enough golems to really make me wanna plunge into the the splicer package yet. (Also, we need a red and a black splicer damnit!)

Screen Shot 2023-11-01 at 10.50.27 AM.png

Seems real good. The menace and haste are exactly what you'd want to justify the ability only triggering on attack, and 2 damage as a baseline is incredibly sweet. Red 3MV creatures are perhaps my most competitive slot, but I have to imagine these goblins will find a way to crack the list.

So I see spoilers for the pirates commander deck, but shouldn't the full spoiler be up first? I'm waiting for my common drop.

Unfortunately, commons are tomorrow.

Fortunately, as Miles pointed out, these commander decks have a few sweet cards. A lot of them are commander nonsense, but, well--

lcc-arm-mounted-anchor-ahoy-mates-precon-infrecuentes-v0-onkecehbqrxb1.png

Mmm, free equip triggers for a +2/+2 menace! I run 2 pirates at the moment, but might add more with this set. That said, just milling 2/getting to loot 2 is a LOT. I like this card despite the clunk, and it gets efficient in the situations I'd like it to be efficient in.

lcc-march-of-the-canonized-blood-rites-precon-the-command-v0-4763plsb0sxb1.png

Win-more? Sure, but it breaks board stalls like nothing else, and I think these are the strongest defensive 1/1 tokens we've seen apart from Ophiomancer's.

lcc-redemption-choir-blood-rites-precon-the-command-zone-v0-j3bt3rbd0sxb1.png

Love me some Sun Titan action. Not much to say except it probably won't get to attack that much due to not being a 6/6; on the other hand, do I really want this effect more than a couple times? Great if you're looking for Sun Titan as a combo pieces, maybe less effective as a finisher.

lcc-order-of-sacred-dusk-blood-rites-precon-the-command-zone-v0-ctz7j0yl0sxb1.png

I think this is good enough even without other vampires? Flying + lifelink + haste will swing games hard.

lcc-charismatic-conqueror-blood-rites-precon-the-command-v0-gmhnedg80sxb1.png

Imposing Sovereign has always been an interesting card, but the 2/1 statline is a tough sell. This might do it for me.

Also I swear I'm not biased, but the new cards from the Dinos and Merfolk decks just didn't seem that compelling for cube. Anyone feel differently?

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Trumpeting Carnosaur
Don't remember seeing anyone post this self-discarding reanimation target.
How dare you not notice everything that I do!

White Gelatinous Cube. Both cards seem ok in mid power?

Having a big butt and vigilance makes it pretty easy to push this every turn. Giant Spider feeling like a real loser between this and Colossadactyl.

Incredibly underwhelming for a 3 mana rock.

Make it: "The first creature spell you cast each turn of the chosen type can be cast as though it had flash." "T: Add one mana of any color." Or just make it Cavern of Souls Rock.

Tribal people probably don't even want this, so what's the point?

Solid floor, nice ceiling.

Build your own Prophet of Kruphix as a big, cute Salamander!

Sweet combination of effects. I'm a fan of Coastal Piracy+ designs.

Humongous-Raptor-LCI-672.jpg

Reasonable body plus a mana effect and some protection. Might be a consideration for me. It's also humongous.

I'm liking this set overall. Good vibe and power level to me.

Last edited:

Chris Taylor

Contributor
1698938868898.png
I'm sure we've brought this up but this character is endlessly funny to me.
Guys grandpa's waking up!

Like we print cards in Spanish. What's this card like over there?

We did bring it up already but I also came here to post grandpa's awakening

(probably still the same name, it might even make more sense that the old mentor ghost is called Grandpa in the actual language, we wouldn't blink twice at it in our language except we probably would)

edit: oh my god it's literally a magic Mexican poncho, do we have Achewood fans on the flavor team

View attachment 9011

Fuck yes. This is what I wanted Murder to be all along. It hits creatures and planeswalkers, it's rough but plausible to run this in control decks, it encourages building around the discard. Love love love this card. I'm immediately swapping out my two Feed the Swarms for this, never mind the inability to deal with enchantments.

I'm sad to take out Bone Shards but this is a Bone Shards that my playgroup will actually...play.

No common dump yet. Why they hate me.
I have good news for you.

During the reveal stream on Magic's Twitch channel they got a question from chat they they answered. The question was about if we could get more common cards spoiled earlier during the spoiler season. The person answering the question was the one in charge of how the spoiler seasons go and he said he would take that into consideration in future spoiler seasons. He said it was actually a good idea because many people love to play limited. I consider this good news because he was literally the person in charge of how early the common cards should get spoiled.

So maybe there's about to be some changes when it comes to common cards being spoiled earlier.