Sets (LCI & REX) Lost Caverns of Ixalan and Jurassic Park spoilers

nooksandcrannies.jpg
mycoidlabyrinth.jpg

Nooks and Crannies - {G}
Enchantment
If a creature you control would explore, instead scry 1 then that creature explores.
When Nooks and Crannies enters the battlefield, target creature explores.
When a land enters the battlefield under your control, transform Nooks and Crannies if you control seven or more lands.
///
Mycoid Labyrinth
Land - Cave
{T}: Add {G}.
{3}{G}, {T}: Brightwood Tracker's ability, except cheaper.

This seems pretty solid for a one-drop.

Self Reflection is close for me. I've had a version of it in my custom Pokémagic cube. It cost {4}{G}{U} though, could copy any creature, came with a 1/+1-counter and had flashback for {1}{G}{U}. That was a bit too good actually. The problem is, even the version with flashback for three wasn't discarded for a cheap cast, so I assume the four mana version won't be either in my regular cube.

Free discard outlet that's best in aggro and a 1-mana artifact/creature sac removal card that's not ass?? Be still my glass-encased beating heart!

Real talk, I don't think either of these cards quite get there for me--there are only so many times you can either pay 3 or discard a card, and I still don't love permanent-based removal as I want enchantment/artifact removal to hit combo pieces, not act as weird removal counterspells sometimes. However, they're still better than anything we've seen in the past (excepting Chained to the Rocks in a Boros deck obv.), so I'll be keeping an eye on them in draft and will probably pick up copies for the on-deck binder shoebox BCW 2000 ct. box (who am I kidding about the number of cards in that pile?).

Edit: just realized that you can re-equip the same creature infinitely with the flail to discard for free as many times as you'd like. If it only worked in aggro decks, that would be too narrow, but with this it's a great tool for anything discard. Never mind my complaints, this card is awesome.

Last edited:
Flail is an interesting option for my cube. I run dredge/discard-based aggro in Dimir, Rakdos and Golgari. It might be a little more flexible than putrid imp although not as fast of a discard outlet since you need this and a creature to equip

chimiltheinnersun.jpg
For when you're done making decisions!

akawallitheseethingtower.jpg
Look, I'm not posting this guy just because he looks like a fun guy. Descend 4 isn't terrible to hit, and this could realistically be a 5/5 trample for 3 that signposts the self-mill theme I have lightly in GB. It doesn't feel quite as powerful as other nearly-Vintage-Cube-level things going on in my list, but I think it actually can get there just as well. If I don't end up trying out the replicating Dino at 3MV, I'll test this one out.

Screen Shot 2023-10-30 at 9.11.36 AM.png
The giant orb kind of ruins the backside of this for me, but I'm a fan of both these arts, especially the backside. Still don't like double-sided basics, but not everything needs to be for me I guess.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Molten-Collapse-LCI-672.jpg
Molten-Collapse-borderless-LCI-672.jpg

Little better Dreadbore! I'm always in for a bit more flexibility on removal spells, and tagging the odd Hardened Scales or Rancor or Witch's Oven or whatever is a nice out.
This with fetchlands is active a lot, but we'll see how hard actually finding a second target is. It's not like you can use this to kill blade splicer and its token, for eg. Love the net result of the design here.

Sentinel-of-the-Nameless-City-LCI-672.jpg

I love this but I don't love maps (nested reminder text) so I'm probably making some version of this that makes blood.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Sentinel-of-the-Nameless-City-LCI-672.jpg

I love this but I don't love maps (nested reminder text) so I'm probably making some version of this that makes blood.
Oh cool! A 3/4 for {2}{G} with upside! This is fine! >_> Like, I know this would rather suck at {3}{G}, but maybe some stats should not exist at certain mana costs? Then again, I'll just not play it, and anyone who does desire this stat push is welcome to enjoy the card! :)

Oh cool! A 3/4 for {2}{G} with upside! This is fine! >_> Like, I know this would rather suck at {3}{G}, but maybe some stats should not exist at certain mana costs? Then again, I'll just not play it, and anyone who does desire this stat push is welcome to enjoy the card! :)

100% what I feel about this. Also, I think it would be fine for {3}{G} actually, at least for limited?

akalpakalfirstamongequals.jpg
Can I justify a 3MV slot in my cube for someone with a big butt that draws 1-2 cards every turn cycle in the right deck? Yes, right?

squirmingemergence.jpg
This is very cute and very neat. I don't think it'll get there in power-level for my main cube but for my travel cube, I'm very interested.

zoyowasjustice.jpg

Red removal! Kind of!

I ran Chaos Warp in my Cube for a few years and it was only run by the less good players who knew it from EDH. It was fun and made for great stories, though. I feel like this is a more practical card that I'd be interested in...maybe.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Is the splashability that huge a concern for you?
has been fine, not overpowered.