General Life Gain as a Thing

Verdict and Tithe drinker, just from the double cost on Obzedat. If that isn't a problem, I'd go for Obz over Gerrard's Verdict.

I'd go with Ghost Daddy over Tithe Drinker. It seems that so far there are plenty of guys for the archetype who are "just dudes", and I think it would benefit from some bombyness to lead drafters towards it.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
I'd go with Ghost Daddy over Tithe Drinker. It seems that so far there are plenty of guys for the archetype who are "just dudes", and I think it would benefit from some bombyness to lead drafters towards it.

Hmm.. I like this argument. I'll print a proxy and el-testo.

CML

Contributor
PLAY OBZEDAT. The card is magnificent. Like when it was printed it looked like trash to me, but then I stuck it in the Cube and realized it just ... ends the game. Lots of decisions for the caster, too (if not for the opponent).

PLAY GERRY'S VERDICT. They'd never print a card nearly that good these days.

Re. the whole 2-drop thing: has anyone else noticed that their Cube Junk decks always blow? A surfeit of 2-drops and color-intensive ones to boot might be to blame. Like I know 1WWBB is awkward and restrictive, but it's both a) easier than WB b) more forgiving of being slightly off-curve

PLAY OBZEDAT. The card is magnificent. Like when it was printed it looked like trash to me, but then I stuck it in the Cube and realized it just ... ends the game. Lots of decisions for the caster, too (if not for the opponent).

PLAY GERRY'S VERDICT. They'd never print a card nearly that good these days.

Re. the whole 2-drop thing: has anyone else noticed that their Cube Junk decks always blow? A surfeit of 2-drops and color-intensive ones to boot might be to blame. Like I know 1WWBB is awkward and restrictive, but it's both a) easier than WB b) more forgiving of being slightly off-curve

I'm always super psyched about my Junk decks, and then they end up crashing. I think it's because there's so much going on. I'm a sucker for a Loam-subtheme in those colors, and of course pod would do well because most of the creatures have awesome ETB abilities, I'm definitely putting that Gavony Township in because there's quite a few token producers, and since those are there, I'm putting Braids and stax in!

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Image.ashx

Is this a card?

Augury Adept is good, at least in my cube :p Absorb is really boring, I like Azorius charm, and sejiri merfolk seems fun.

CML

Contributor
tried the whole Zuran Orb thing yet? man was that card sweet at the age of 10 (and i've seen 1x in RUG sideboards too)

isn't Sejiri Merfolk just Knight of Meadowgrain for retards?

as King Martyr I think that if a lifegain theme must be pushed it must be pushed in Black, though i'd play Azorius Charm anyway

Does Horizon Chimera trigger three separate times off of Brainstorm?

Yeah. Cast brainstorm, resolves. Three chimera triggers go on the stack and resolve independently.

I like the move into blue, I think it would be quite interesting to see how it goes. I don't think the menfolk is bad. Easier to cast knight of meadowgrain is better surely?

Zorb just feels like a whole lot of do nothing by itself.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
There used to be a 3-0 GW deck in my cube...

It's a pretty crazy archetype that I never wrote about, with tons of interactions and really interesting lines and potential infinite combos. I'm trying to bring it back, sans Balance / Geddon, but including these options:

Alternatively:

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
I like the move into blue, I think it would be quite interesting to see how it goes. I don't think the menfolk is bad. Easier to cast knight of meadowgrain is better surely?

The question is what to cut for it. Surely it's an UW card... bump that section up to four cards?