General "Looking for a card"-Thread

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Yeah, I actually tried looking for an alternative once for a potential custom card, but I gave up :')

Trove Mage?
Trunk Mage?
Trick Mage?
Traffic Mage?

Trade Mage?
Tetra Mage? Good for CMC4!
Trawler Mage, Trifle Mage, Trebuchet Mage, Tracksuit Mage, Trepanation Mage, Trombone Mage.

What are the most blinkworthy enchantments you know besides Demonic Pact? Either because they have sick EtBs, Sagas with strong chapters 1 and 2, or just something you want to reset. Preferably in {W}{U}{B}, but {G} would be fine too. Anything you would cast an Into the Roil on.

What are the most blinkworthy enchantments you know besides Demonic Pact? Either because they have sick EtBs, Sagas with strong chapters 1 and 2, or just something you want to reset. Preferably in {W}{U}{B}, but {G} would be fine too. Anything you would cast an Into the Roil on.

I think this one is even more blinkworthy than Demonic pact because it fits right on the curve before Flickerwisp.

It's also functionally Deliberate in many decks, so it's not backing your drafters into a corner if they decide to take it as a speculative pick.

With Mirari, you can maybe get back the spell you used to blink it for a powerful but slow recursion engine. Honestly though, almost every saga is going to be great.

Fall from Favor to regain the monarch is great as well as changing to a more juicy target if need be (Marchesa's Decree works well too, but not everyone like Monarch)

Depending on the type of card used to blink (instant vs creature/sorcery) you can do more or less busted things with Parallax Wave. It's great because it goes well in aggro to remove blockers, in control as a way to control the board and has synergy with blink, enchantments and proliferate!

Rise of the Hobgoblins can played early for a few goblins and then blinked late game to make a huge army. I really like hybrids so that increases it's value in my eyes. History of Benalia is just better, but I like the flexibility of Rise.

Hybrid again that can be blinked onto a bigger threat if used early. Low impact but fun synergy.

Blessing is just solid card draw that has a pretty big drawback. I like the risk/reward management.

Mastery for a huge army of zombies. Not very subtle :p

After that you have a bunch of enchantment creatures (Doomwake Giant, Gravebreaker Lamia) that can be solid.

Dom Harvey

Contributor

As you all noted, Sagas are great - The Antiquities War is strong if you care enough about artifacts (and recently there's a trend of cards that key off both artifacts and enchantments so that crossover is easier) and History of Benalia is solid in general. Elspeth Conquers Death has been famously obnoxious during its time in Standard

Draw some cards!

Possibly awkward planeswalker trinket text ala Oath of Nissa but a workhorse

These open up some wild sequences and loops with stuff like Yorion or Sun Titan, or you can just reset your reanimation if you'd rather have something else

This is in the one colour that wasn't invited but it's very strong

Bonkers with bounce or delayed blink effects

Blink would eat it up in a heartbeat. If you're playing any instant-speed polymorphs, that's also good. Pod is fantastic, and probably busted with the Stack. (hey, look, I broke Pod!) (oops, crap. Thanks for the catch, Sigh.) Morph becomes possibly better? It certainly becomes different. I think that Stack of Paperwork changes the game RADICALLY unless you're playing entirely at sorcery speed, and I love it. It's a bit of a nonbo with Ninjutsu.

It makes me wish that it also had the text of "Tapped blockers deal no combat damage," just to revert entirely to old-school combat rules and make things even hairier. (Because then it gets dirty with tap abilities)