General "Looking for a card"-Thread

Terms like "evocative" and "impactful" sound more relevant for cube designers who explicitly cap their gold sections. In that case, one really does need to budget their gold cards to be the cream of the crop for their design goals. But I don't cap my gold section or my cube size.

How large is your cube?

landofMordor

Administrator
How large is your cube?
uhh like 450 cards or something. It's in flux, since I'm testing a bunch of cards and didn't want to cut stuff for it. 450 is about the maximum i can handle logistically speaking, too (keeping the CC up to date, sleeves, shuffling), so it works out.

I want to add cards which synergize with -1/-1 counters to my cube.
For example cards like:

What other good cards are there which synergize well with these?
I already found

But there must be others out there...

Is Grim Poppet really worth it? 7 mana seems to be a lot...
Certainly depends on your goals and power level.
I have very good expieriences with Triskelion in my cube and while Grim Poppet costs {1} more to cast, Grim Poppet grows when removing the counters.
And its even more fun with proliferate to shrink the enemies creature further and to gain another charge on Grim Poppet.
But I'm sure it's not for everyone and I actually cut it not to long ago to make room for Monoskelion.

That's a good one, too.
I have a The Scorpion God and some other cards, too. But I didn't want to post almost 40 cards.
I think the power level of Scorp is going to be way higher than the theme. Likely a false synergy, as this will stand on its own in any RB deck. It also shits on the opponent if they're playing the synergistic -1/-1 deck.

After my last update, the Elegant Cube's red section's mana curve is woefully awkward. I need three 2-drops to patch it, particularly aggressive ones. Thinking of:

I value agency, simplicity, and resonance. I don't need synergy cards, but it's a plus. Red archetypes are:
- Madness/Graveyard (penta)
- Artifacts/Equipment (tetra)
- Tokens/Sacrifice (tetra)
- Spells (triangle)
- Goblins (mono)

Suggestions?

looked at your core list, here’s some thoughts:

Abbot is just good but would intersect with spells and artifacts thanks to the prowess trigger.
Pyromancer for spells and tokens ofc
Kari Zev makes a saccable token every time she attacks and holds equipment very nicely.
Berserker is just super aggressive and kind of a fun subgame to try to activate.
Historian likes being discarded and makes a token.