General "Looking for a card"-Thread

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Claim may or may not be specific to constructed based on people's curve being far more under their control. It's certainly quite narrow in limited as your cards kinda fall where they may.

Threaten Effects that have worked well for me in the past:

Blind is perhaps a misnomer, as an instant means you often use it to kill two attackers with the backup mode of occasionally actually being a threaten.

This one is pretty effective if you opponent has creatures

Does the card have to be red?

And I haven‘t seen anyone mention this one yet:

I like that it gives you more added flexibility with the entwine option.

A nice multicolored version:

Last edited:

Chris Taylor

Contributor
And I haven‘t seen anyone mention this one yet:
d74d181c-6783-4472-a3b9-2f6780e2b89b.jpg

I like that it gives you more added flexibility with the entwine option.
The problem is Grab doesn't untap the target, so it (unless entwined) it's more stun than threaten
Edit: whoops

For what it's worth, I'm on Claim the Firstborn and Hijack right now, as I have an artifact theme. If RR seems like a problem on Hijack, I'll likely go back to regular Threaten.

I think it's significant to note that Threaten is very unfun if you have a Timmy enabling format. I've had my Ulamog Threatened before I could use it and that feels so bad. I swapped to Wrangle at the time and would supplement that with Claim these days. Gives the sac/aggro deck a cool effect without totally hosing anyone who's ramping into a hardcast bomb.

Dom Harvey

Contributor
What are your favourite mass pump/Anthem effects in white? Bonus points if they add counters

I know I like Mikaeus, the Lunarch and Felidar Retreat. Benalish Marshal is appealing and enough of an upgrade over stuff like Soltari Champion for a (mostly/) mono-W deck. Angel of Invention is cool. What else?

NEW JOB POSTING! APPLY NOW!

WANTED: THREE TO SIX DISCARD OUTLETS

JOB REQUIREMENTS:
--Let me discard cards
--No, seriously, that's it
--While most competitive candidates hail from the Jund shard, here at LunchCo we believe that diversity is a strength, especially among our robotic bretheren

OTHER FACTORS IN OUR HIRING PROCESS:
--Flexible is negotiable. While Instants and those with Flash are of course appreciated, the expectation is that all necessary work can be completed during normal business hours.
--Experience not required. Novel candidates encouraged to apply.
--Similarly, upfront cost is highly negotiable. However, modest cost of activation is important to make sure our business hums along.

OUR CURRENT TEAM (YES, WE HAVE SOME TWINS. IT'S CONFUSING, BUT THEY PUT IN A LOT OF WORK SO WHO ARE WE TO SAY NO.):

AUXILIARY MEMBERS:

Dear Zoss!

I am Olivia and want to apply to your advertisement.

Being a 3/3 flyer for 3 isn’t easy, so unfortunately I had to add red to my black mana cost.
But I have some upsides:
I give haste
I add +1/+1 counters
I enable vampire tribal without other vampires
Hope to hear from you soon!
Sincerely
Olivia Voldaren