General "Looking for a card"-Thread

Greater good doesn't seem very good in the decks that want to sacrifice tokens with 1 or 0 power and birthing pod doesn't seem like the best fit in a deck where the things you actively want to sacrifice are 0 mana tokens.
Depends on the power level
I should have specified that I wanted outlets or payoffs specifically, not token generators. Bayou Groff fits in that description tho, although it's just one time sac one.

Can be good role players

Love this card with things like Dread Return and Apprentice Necromancer (and Sneak Attack)

The mana generating sac effects can help pump it out:

Usually helps you combo out with a Blood Artist type card in play

Is a bomby payoff.

There's several gold cards in Golgari that incentivize the sacrifice archetype (in a range of power levels):
Although hybrid the fiend artisan is definitely a good one, it also ties in with graveyard themes (the problem with being an hybrid is that it doesn't draws specifically to green aristocrats, and black is already attractive enough, the idea would be that something like gruul aristocrats is a desirable deck too).

Last edited:

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I should have specified that I wanted outlets or payoffs specifically, not token generators. Bayou Groff fits in that description tho, although it's just one time sac one.

Although hybrid the fiend artisan is definitely a good one, it also ties in with graveyard themes (the problem with being an hybrid is that it doesn't draws specifically to green aristocrats, and black is already attractive enough, the idea would be that something like gruul aristocrats is a desirable deck too).
Green is very bad at enabling aristocrats through sac outlets, it has some decent payoffs though.

If you're more so looking for "what do I do with all these small creatures?" payoffs, then that might open up some other possibilities that aren't strictly centered in 'sacrifice' or 'dies' triggers. These also work well to trigger other 'sacrifice' or 'dies' payoffs you might already have in an explosive fashion:

EDIT: Forgot one

If you're more so looking for "what do I do with all these small creatures?" payoffs, then that might open up some other possibilities that aren't strictly centered in 'sacrifice' or 'dies' triggers. These also work well to trigger other 'sacrifice' or 'dies' payoffs you might already have in an explosive fashion:

EDIT: Forgot one
Mycoloth seems like a good one! I think if it is powerful enough in my enviroment it would be the perfect fit.

Also, any opinions about how does Rot Shambler compare to Bloodbriar?

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Mycoloth seems like a good one! I think if it is powerful enough in my enviroment it would be the perfect fit.

Also, any opinions about how does Rot Shambler compare to Bloodbriar?
I think Bloodbriar is a better card in general, as it starts with better stats, and also triggers off of fetchlands, treasures, and whatnot. While Rot Shambler technically gets to attack a turn sooner, it might very well be too small to actually push through on turn 3 since it starts as only a 1/1.

Some slightly less conventional Aristocrats-adjacent cards in green that I run:

All of these cards play nicely with creatures dying, even if they're not explicitly aimed at supporting that deck 100%, so if your issue is "getting the archetype over the finish line" as opposed to "establishing this archetype," these might be good candidates for glue that does well in buffing this deck just a touch.

(Ulvenwald Tracker is a 'crats card in that it provides a sac outlet) (yes, I know it's a stretch) (fight spells in general can be an effective way to do Aristocrats if you ~open your mind~)

Adding a random thought to the topic:

I mean creatures will almost always die. Especially if you’re aggro because you can always attack with them. Having creatures that wants to die and abilities that trigger when your creatures die is possibly even more important.

It's a shame the white Invokers are terrible (Well, the 2-drop ones, I'd recommend Dawnglare if it were a Mistral Charger).

I like Suture Spirit on the kitchen table, but it's pretty weak outside of that. Might be what you're after though so.

I have fond memories of this from M15 limited. Not as good as its cousins Flinthoof Boar or Sunblade Elf but still an amazing stallbreaker with two blue sources.

A new one, a little bit overplayed with all the flicker around the place, but does stuff if you like Soul Sisters effects and also ETBs?

Challenge: advertise your favorite red artifact payoffs.

I currently only run Galvanic Blast, which comes with zero opportunity cost as a Shock+, and consider upping that count. I wouldn't count Greater Gargadon as it works just fine with creatures and lands.

Last edited:

I currently only run Galvanic Blast, which comes with zero opportunity cost as a Shock+, and consider upping that count. I wouldn't count Greater Gargadon as it works just fine with creatures and lands.

Dragon's Rage Channeler is probably my favorite payoff for noncreature artifacts. Its surveil ability rewards you for playing noncreature artifacts, fueling your graveyard and helping you to find your other best cards. The delirium ability turns the channeler into a real threat in the late game and not simply a utility creature like Disciple of the Vault. Dragon's Rage Channeler pairs nicely with popular artifact enablers like Emry, Lurker of the Loch, which wants artifact cards in the graveyard to power recast. I think Dragon's Rage Channeler is an essential component to any artifacts matter strategy using noncreature artifacts.

i don't run any red artifact payoffs per se in my main cube, just cards that generate artifacts. however, in lower power, a few favs are...
Reckless Fireweaver
Sokenzan Smelter
Quicksmith Genius
Kami of Industry
Makeshift Munitions

I've got three, two already mentioned. Breya's Apprentice is an artifact incentive with a pretty solid floor-rate, Goblin Engineer gets the gears turning about how to use it with Chromatic Stars, Scrap Trawler, artifact tokens, Triarch Praetorian and other nonsense, and Gut, True Soul Zealot which is probably significantly above-rate for my environment in all honesty.
I think Dragon's Rage Channeler is an essential component to any artifacts matter strategy using noncreature artifacts.
You would not consider drafting around noncreature artifacts unless you had access to DRC?