General "Looking for a card"-Thread

just type in toughness<2 and fo:+

That will show you cards that can grow themselves in some way. You'd still miss level up and pseudo level up cards like Figure of Destiny though. So search then for:

fo:''base power''

fo:''level up''

Looking for aggro 1 drops that don't get blown out by Electrolyze and would hide in a normal scryfall search of toughness>1.

Things like
Kird Ape, Loam Lion, Nacatl.
Court Homunculus, Toolcraft Exemplar, Gearsmith Prodigy, Inventor's Apprentice.
Experiment One, Pelt Collector, Evolving Adaptive.

Those are the three categories of guys I've thought of so far.

Oh. Rakdos Cackler.
Fwiw I think that is many of the good ones (and some of the incredibly mid ones!).

There are some that I think you missed:

just type in toughness<2 and fo:+

That will show you cards that can grow themselves in some way. You'd still miss level up and pseudo level up cards like Figure of Destiny though. So search then for:

fo:''base power''

fo:''level up''
Yeah, I was gonna go fo:+ and another search for toughness>1

I would have missed Figure and Level Up on my own, almost for sure.

@TrainmasterGT , I've got those ones from "mv=1 toughness>1". Goblin Blast-Runner is such a damn cool common.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Yeah, I was gonna go fo:+ and another search for toughness>1

I would have missed Figure and Level Up on my own, almost for sure.

@TrainmasterGT , I've got those ones from "mv=1 toughness>1". Goblin Blast-Runner is such a damn cool common.
So, one fun search you can do is "mv=1 tou<2 tou>1". Then there's also "mv=1 is:leveler". "mv=1 -mana>=x tou=0" returns a few interesting ones, many of whom need some proliferate action to live, but not all of them! And yeah, "mv=1 tou=1 fo:"/+" -fo:"/+0" game=paper" is going to find a lot, including some that you may have already found with these previous queries.

Looking for aggro 1 drops that don't get blown out by Electrolyze and would hide in a normal scryfall search of toughness>1.

Things like
Kird Ape, Loam Lion, Nacatl.
Court Homunculus, Toolcraft Exemplar, Gearsmith Prodigy, Inventor's Apprentice.
Experiment One, Pelt Collector, Evolving Adaptive.

Those are the three categories of guys I've thought of so far.

Oh. Rakdos Cackler.

cmc<=1 t:creature (fo:/\/\+[1-9]/ or fo:/\/[2-9]/) (power>1 or fo:/\+[1-9]\// or fo:/\/[2-9]/)

This search is a bit large and includes many irrelevant things but searches for one drops which both
* refer either growing toughness or a toughness greater than 1
* have power greater than 1, refer growing power or refer a power greater than 1

Looking for
Code:
cards that are lands and can be a spell
not:dfc -o:channel not:manland

Last edited:
I'm not entirely sure what you're asking for, but...
Cards that can increase land density in a deck without causing the player to flood. Too many lands? Channel it or cast the spell half. I like that dynamic, but can't think of more cards that do it. Cycling lands, I guess, but cantripping doesn't feel the same as getting a spell.

Cards that can increase land density in a deck without causing the player to flood. Too many lands? Channel it or cast the spell half. I like that dynamic, but can't think of more cards that do it. Cycling lands, I guess, but cantripping doesn't feel the same as getting a spell.

Hmm...

I don't think that there's a specific way to look for that, since that concept has very rough edges. Like, would you be satisfied with a "spell" like Teetering Peaks? How about Desolate Lighthouse? Port of Karfell?

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Remove the “if you played it from your hand.” and you have yourself a super clean card with cool effects. And right before Eldraine wuhuuu

(Maybe also remove land types but I am guessing you’ll object to this.)
I mean, it's not my design :) For cube purposes being fetchable absolutely is worth bonus points (especially because it enters untapped as is), but for an actual WotC set your suggestions make a lot of sense!

I wonder if WotC will actually do something like adventure lands this time. I mean, they had creatures and artifacts already, if they want to do something new, as they always do, there are only lands and enchantments left. And there is no chance they wouldn't bring back adventures, right?

I wonder if WotC will actually do something like adventure lands this time. I mean, they had creatures and artifacts already, if they want to do something new, as they always do, there are only lands and enchantments left. And there is no chance they wouldn't bring back adventures, right?

Adventure battles obviously. Classic triple-faced card.