General "Looking for a card"-Thread

The density of exile isn't as critical here as the cost of the exile. It doesn't even have to be an exile effect, TBH. Hard-casting a brick into efficient bounce, destroy, etc. is also not great.

I feel that this is the reason that Muldrotha is difficult to run in many cubes, honestly. The card is insane if left around, so the lower power removal will only serve to make it somewhat absurd. But if the removal is well suited to handle it, then it's a riskier investment especially at 3 colors. Little bit of a lose-lose IMO.

Also doesn't really scream any "theme" to me. Sidisi is always my go-to, and just begs to be put into a unique and interesting shell.

Alright next; Which Bolas card(s) are you guys running in Grixis? ;) Or other Grixis cards than Bolas (but why run Grixis cards if you do not like Bolas..)

Personally I like God-Pharaoh.

No, I didn't mean run all three Bolas's (there's five by the way), I meant run the Bolas of your choice plus Cruel Ultimatum plus Kess :)

Soon there’ll be six :p

And then sadly he will be done for :( My guess based on Wizard’s story-writing when it comes down to our heroes vs. our villains. They haven’t watched a lot of Game of Thrones or read a lot of A Song of Ice and Fire.

So which Bolas are you running besides Cruel and Kess? Or are you running ‘Bolas of Choice’ and let the drafter decide for himself?

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Soon there’ll be six :p

And then sadly he will be done for :( My guess based on Wizard’s story-writing when it comes down to our heroes vs. our villains. They haven’t watched a lot of Game of Thrones or read a lot of A Song of Ice and Fire.

So which Bolas are you running besides Cruel and Kess? Or are you running ‘Bolas of Choice’ and let the drafter decide for himself?
No, I'm running Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker. God-Pharaoh is a bit too pushed for my tastes, I don't like that it's a mana cheaper either. The Deceiver is cool enough, but OG Bolas (edit: OG planeswalker, I mean) wins out because it has better utility and is available in nonfoil. The Ravager I like the least. The planeswalker side is completely absurd, and comes with an incredibly efficient front side. OG Bolas (edit: again, the PW) is a good reward for getting to eight mana, and if ever I am going to replace him, it will be because he's too good a reward, and I will downgrade to Nicol Bolas, the Deceiver.

I'm playing the flip Bolas because I have a Dragons theme. If I weren't, I'd be running either Kess or Cruel.

I ran Cruel for a while and I don't remember ever seeing it cast. I have Kess at the moment who has been alright. She did let me double Fireblast someone to the face to burn them out which was pretty funny and unexpected.

Run a lot of fixers, push multicolor, support control, BAM TAKE 5 TO THE FACE, DISCARD 3 AND SAC A CREATURE! I'll do the inverse of that, 'mkay?

Even with 100 % of the lands being Dual lands it is unlikely to cast Cruel. What you need is either Filter lands, Vivid lands + Reflecting Pool or all of them.

My question is then how you solve that riddle for a cube since I have not heard of anyone yet running the mana base from Lorwyn-Alara Standard rotation.

Often people like the card and might even include the card but rarely see it cast.

Alright moving on :)

I have asked for your Bant, Mardu, Sultai and Grixis cards.

Which Naya cards are you guys running? And why?

Could you tell us how you make the card work in cube?
Late, but grixis is my artifact section in my cube, and the 2 color guilds that make it up all get an artifact fixer, (talismans of indulgence and dominance + izzet signet), which are coincidentally really good at casting cruel. Grixis also has quite a few value creatures to be getting back, and the card is a perfect top end for a more tap out, artifact themed control deck that I like seeing come together.