General "Looking for a card"-Thread

Laz

Developer
I am looking for one or two non-green x/3s with upside, at a relatively high power level. I need non-embarrassing early blockers, and the best I currently have is Kari Zev!

Oooh. I wanna run a kind of draw-go control deck that mills it self with looters. How good is the vizier? I feel like you might actually be able to get some huge swings every now and then with this?

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Really is one of those cards huh :(

Yeah. Another problem with the Vizier is that your opponent can often neuter it by killing the looter. It's really the big windfall effects that are good enablers for it, but let's be honest, how many of those are you going to run? Basically you're putting a two-card "combo" in your cube that in practice maxes out at ~8 damage to the opponent and can be easily disrupted by a mere Lighting Strike. In other words, the floor is really weak, the standard synergy makes it only passable, and the card only "shines" in conjunction with a narrow subset of cards, and even in that case it's relatively easy to deal with.

Looking for:
-Blue/Black "true gold" common/uncommon.
-Needs to suggest a control theme.
-Must have reminder text for any keyword abilities/actions it has other than flying.
-Doesn't have grotesque/gross art.
-Isn't Psychic Symbiont.

This guy is a really interesting control finisher and I'd call his art more classic than gross:

I'm talking about the og odyssee art obviously

Right now I'm kind of torn between Soul Manipulation and Dinrova Horror. The nice thing about Soul Manipulation is that you can tutor for it with Mystical Teachings, but Dinrova Horror is a big fatty, so...

This is all for a project I haven't talked about yet. I will write about it in a few days, but I haven't had much of a chance to actually build anything yet or write about it. I'm trying to get my 2-color pairs and gold cards figured out before I build a new cube for this project.

I am looking for one or two non-green x/3s with upside, at a relatively high power level. I need non-embarrassing early blockers, and the best I currently have is Kari Zev!

Some monocolored still not mentioned
(or Wall of Hope if you're in the pestilence kind of things

In the gold section things get spicy

Looking for:
-Vanilla Creatures (Creatures with no abilities)
-Must be on or above curve (2-mana creatures must be at least 2/2 or 3/1, 3-mana creatures must be at least a 3/3 etc.)
-Printed after Dark Ascension