Card/Deck Low Power Card Spotlight

I've always liked More or Less, but I've been unsure of its impact. Wish it maybe cost 2 and cantripped.

A lot of the Very Cryptics are great. I'll be sure to work one into a Jumpstart, if I go through with that idea.

I'd pay 3 mana for a More or Less that also affected "a".
Some of the craziest stuff I've seen with more or less is
-Change Crystalline Crawler and Faeburrow Elder from one mana to two
-Change Havengul Lich's ability to cost 0
-Make Tuskguard Captain look for +1/+2 counters so all the creatures lose trample
-Tooth and Nail
-Magmasaur to deal 10 damage to everything without flying (this only works with the original Tempest version)
-Intuition choose 2
-Killing the player of a Midnight Reaper
-Triskelion deals 2
Also pretty good with
-Pretty much any Planeswalker
-Any Field creature boost (ala Hero of the Pride)
-Any Command or Charm
In my group we determined that Afterlife N and Fabricate N should also work, but slightly unclear
Can do the other way and go -1 for all of these as well, making a stifle or counterspell for very specific targets
Also just a nice Ping or Combat trick in blue

Hopefully one day I'll see this
-Hidetsugu's Second Rite

Last edited:
It looks like great value, but Velrun is probably right. It's very weak and very slow and rather conditional. Is Ramunap Excavator proving itself too good? Being a turn faster and not having to crash into the red zone is a big deal.

Stoic Builder is Cartographer if they'd chosen to hit the gym instead of being a fucking nerd.

Depending on the format, just staying back a few turns and growing the captain can be a valid way to grind out as well. Pridemalkin is much more aggressively bent in that sense.

A 3/2 trample is just a pretty bad card on it's own (also how makes this body sense for a house cat?). Unless the +1/+1 counter deck is straight up aggro, I'd prefer a 2/3 that can grow at eot.

I recently added

to my GY based cube. Does anyone have experience with it? Seems like a decent (slow) card advantage engine for etb triggers that can also be a win condition

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I recently added

to my GY based cube. Does anyone have experience with it? Seems like a decent (slow) card advantage engine for etb triggers that can also be a win condition
I once played this in an Esper blink deck in Peasant. The cool thing is, if you blink a reanimated target, it forgets it was reanimated by this thing and so it loses the cumulative upkeep.

Reactions: tbo
Seems like an extremely wordy card that doesn't do a whole lot more (and often less) than a Zombify unless you abuse the unintuitive blink interaction. I wouldn't mess with it unless my playgroup were all very advanced.

It seems a little complex, so I'd also avoid it IF my playgroup would be mostly newbies. Otherwise, I think it is a sweet find. The long term value this can give you is not to be underestimated.

The things that bother me personally is the color redtriction and the color pie violation aka blue gets to do everything.