Card/Deck Low Power Card Spotlight

I have another spot light:

Is this card good? I have usually a very hard time evaluating temporary landfall boons. I always underestimate them which is probably why I mostly settle for sticking effects like counters/tokens/carddraw.

Agreed. I think it reinforces an existing landfall aggro deck, but I wouldn't run it just to increase my equipment count. It's pretty good when it has a reason to be there and
it's getting plenty of reasons this set.

If the blue landfall rare probably revealed tomorrow is not incredible, I am going with the Gear. Maybe even as a replacement for something else.

I have another one, or rather two. Has anyone any experience with these?

You can run Expansion/Explosion if you want this kind of effect. Copy effects are always a bit wonky. After all, for the same cost as Twincast you can play Counterspell which is safer, can hit creatures and more versatile. You can run then, they are not bad cards, but you would rather have a burn spell or a counter over it. Having it stapled to a modal spell is a good way to make it more likely to see play in a fun way.

I still have twincast in my cube, it’s usually used to double up on some random utility or draw spell. I’m not super impressed with it but it seems useful to keep a few of these sorts of flexible effects around the cube, if only because players seem to like trying to do memorable things with them.

it used to be part of a burst mill combo (glimpse the unthinkable + any fork effect + any flashback granting effect = 30 cards milled, can do this as early as turn 4 + turn 5 if you can tutor or draw the parts) I had in my cube, but eventually I cut glimpse because no one but me ever took it.

I think it looks pretty fun. Depends on the expected mana base but I wouldn't expect all that many islands to come down in a 2 color deck running some non-basics (unless you have them with basic land types ofc). Seems like a good incentive to wanna run some land tutors and bouncelands etc.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
In my experience it's completely fine. The lack of vigilance makes it less obnoxious, and it's a lot easier to remove than some of the other blue finishers available (e.g. Frost Titan, God-Eternal Kefnet, Deadeye Navigator).

Okay, I have another one, maybe more interesting.

It got banned in pauper it seems, so there's that. But is this card good in cube? There has been much talk recently about lands that are more than just lands. This one is not card advantage, but getting a strong spell as your next draw is a neat effect most blue decks will like in one of their land slots. I'm not sure, though, is this enough to justify a cube slot? Can this be called a payoff for spells?

I think it certainly scales better with duals with basic land types. It also seems to work pretty well with bounce lands, but I don't know if it's worth a slot since I haven't really played with it.

I'd imagine it loses a lot from not having all the synergies it gets in constructed, but it's definitely interesting to replay in your style of a landfall deck. I guess you'd have to look at your spells and decide how many of them you're excited to get back. Can make a lock with... That one counterspell... You already run it and know it, I'm sure. UU pick up a land cost. Things like that will push this into contention.

What do we think of the fixed Sharazad? Could this be fun in something like Cube Occasionals, where it doesn't appear regularly?

Nein danke!
Reasoning: think about a cube night where someone has that in their deck. As soon as they draw and play it, their game goes 10-20 minutes longer than everyone else’s. Multiply by 3-5 rounds and... ugh what a terrible cube night!

The beacons are lit and Velrun calls for aid!

I am looking to create a revised pool of low-powered cards. This pool will consist of 30 cards of each mono-color and will have multiple duplicates. Each mono section should have two themes and hopefully synergize with cards from other colors as well as with themselves.

My ideas so far are:

{W}: Self bounce & Adventure
{U}: Raid and Ninjutsu
{B}: Aristocrats & ?
{R}: Loot & Prowess
{G}: Landfall and graveyard interaction.

All colors will have some creatures with ETB effects.
All colors will have some Zendikar spell/land modals.
No shuffle effects allowed for speedy games.

Does any of this make sense?
Do you have any suggestions for another black theme?

I have a bunch of these sitting around to mix up a draft someday. Maybe some collectibles could be useful?

Your request is really open ended. You already know most/all of the cards I know for those themes, so I'm hesitant to make suggestions.