Card/Deck Making Delver Work

4 euros; not bad, and much prettier than a Tec Edge with two sharpie-lines on it. Port is very interesting to find there, since it doesn't have an elegant "sibling" to errata. Neither of them have warranted the high price tag for us yet, so this is an ideal possibility. Heck, it's still better than our fetches/shocks/duals which are all guildgates.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
I've actually found port to be really lackluster in comparison to wasteland :(
The extra mana it takes each turn really hurts when you don't have AEther Vial every game

CML

Contributor
hehe i love those cards. after giving Legacy D&T a try last night for the first time (god knows why, since i've been oedipal for mother of runes since 2000) i have no desire to play any other deck in that format. port is INSANE with vial and fairly useless without it.

when i tried goblins about a year ago, i noticed port was often better than waste, as that mana-hungry deck can often not afford to stone rain itself permanently. "I Tiresias have foreseen mana-screw"

you think Wasteland could work in the CML cube now? http://cubetutor.com/viewcube/114

I'm so glad this thread is flourishing. Anyone had any vast changes in the viability of delver? Have delvers ever become just a good card anyone can be excited about?

Also, Mana Breach could be a decent one-card replacement for a respectable suite of disruption - although crucial cards (or removal) is much easier to sneak through..

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
I played an aggressive blue deck yesterday. I was fighting for white dudes with a guy in boros. My deck just didn't have the density of low cmc threats I needed. I needed a Welkin Tern, but instead I had Thasa who I am now pretty convinced is awful and will be immediately replaced by a generic beater that can't even block right because sometimes you need it since someone else is getting all of the cheap creatures in your other color. Delver would have sucked in my deck, unfortunately.

Ordeal of Thasa, unlike the sea god herself, was a real beating when I drew it. Thasa didn't even make my deck and I'm starting to wonder what deck even wants her.