Sets [MCD] M14 previews

CML

Contributor
i wanted to love this card i really did :(

i can still be wrong! don't keep the faith.

I want to make a new green planeswalker contest on salvation.
Whoops I accidentally a planeswalker:

FarrianoftheAwakening_zpsee68b02d.jpg

Bonus:
IxiqtheIncomprehensible_zpscd0a8aa4.jpg

CML

Contributor
haha, maybe you shoulda run the other one

like the card sucks but! i'm not sure my "this card sucks" tone helped bring in the hits

VibeBox

Contributor
i really hope i'm wrong about it. dark prophecy is a neat card that's plenty interesting, but i just don't see it living up to that storied mana cost

I agree, the mana cost is extremely restrictive. And even if it starts going, the effect is not optional, so it can even make you lose games where you're far ahead.

Awesome art and flavor text. Suitably creepy without being outright gory.

This seems pretty sweet for Constructed, where I'm sure you'll be able to pair it with Blood Artist for some silly loop to draw your deck. Black has had some lifelink guys as well, so it's feasible that this could show up and do good work in more straightforward aggro or midrange decks.

I do agree with the article, however, for cube it's very narrow and the casting cost will severely limit it's impact on any cube it shows up in.

Rob Dennis

Developer
Well, get a rebuy on every single ETB effect for a start. We're already at the point where most essentially every mid range and control creature has something good. Kind of like a crystal shard that's not infinite, has to be used right now, and is probably cheaper than re-casting the creature. I'd try it.

Edit: primordial hydra seems hilarious

How do they keep making this mistake with black magic cards? Like look at fecundity.

Nice to see we have another 8/8 5 drop. Maybe people will start understanding the power = cost thing has completely gone out the window.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I was watching GP Miami and thinking that creatures have super outclassed removal these day. So many cards just laugh at 1-for-1 spot removal (Thragtusk, Voice of Resurgence, Doomed Traveler, Strangleroot Geist). If your plan is to play removal, you either need mass removal and card draw to get to card parity. Hence Supreme Verdict and Sphinx's Revelation.

Rob Dennis

Developer
Yeah, I was watching GP Miami and thinking that creatures have super outclassed removal these day. So many cards just laugh at 1-for-1 spot removal (Thragtusk, Voice of Resurgence, Doomed Traveler, Strangleroot Geist). If your plan is to play removal, you either need mass removal and card draw to get to card parity. Hence Supreme Verdict and Sphinx's Revelation.

Well, the last three all match up poorly will pillar of flame, and thragtusk does 1 for 1 with a 5 CMC turn//burn. The point stands that there's very little catch-all removal, but I bring it up as these points are consistent with wizards's stated goal for narrow removal and most games playing out on board.

And the new Chandra is spoiled. I was really hoping for a 3-CMC planeswalker for red (cubewise), so I am a bit dissapointed. :)
That being sad, I think this Chandra certainly has some potential.

8341ebcf9057d053230c3edaa632dcbe.jpg

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
:eek:

Is she better than Koth? I'm gonna go out on a limb here, and say she might be better than Koth.

CML

Contributor
koth is a hard hitter on par with red hero or hellrider who demands that they react vigorously or die while you're shoving mountains down their throat.

chandra is a 4-mana phyrexian arena for retards

Chris Taylor

Contributor
I love that I've made red walkers with both halves of her +1, and they just went "Ah fuck it. Why can't she do both?"

Path of bravery is an interesting one. I long for the days of a splashable anthemn actually being printed, but I think this one's a bust, since you need to be winning. the lifegain clause might be good enoguh? I dunno.
If there's a sliver deck, it looks scarey. Manaweft Sliver is the silly one, remember guys.
Love fiendslayer paladin, way nicer than Paladin En-Vec (who I'll admit wasn't cubeable a long time ago) but I like the trend.
For people who love Fiend Hunter: Is Banisher Priest better? worse? I like the cleaner wording, but is that a net nerf?