Sets (MH2) Modern Horizons 2 Previews

I want to run all of the blue artifact lands, but they would be taking the place of the blue bounce lands, and that’s a hard cut for my heart to make
I'm interested in UB > BR = WB and skip BG, but coming in tapped is pretty rough.

1622321665730.png

I like this card a lot and I think it can have a home in cubes of a lot of different power levels. Replicate can have some cute synergies with Magecraft and can be generically powerful against stuff like Cascade. At it's floor the rate is already reasonable and being able to kick it up to a Convolute basically gives you a split between a nice cheap counter and a 3 mana hard counter. I also like that it's a common so pauper and peasant cubers can run it. Very good without feeling broken or unfair.

1622321843686.png

I missed the talk about this card the other day but I really do adore this design. Wrath of God kinda struggles in high power formats by having a floor rate that isn't really all that great, especially in constructed, which means that control decks tend not to play all that many sweepers. I really like that Damn fixes this problem by also ensuring that you have access to a fairly reasonable 2mv spot removal spell so you aren't just dead in the water if your opponent is stifling your early mana development or applying a lot of pressure very quickly. I get that for lower power cubes this card might be a bit too strong at doing the things it does but as the owner of a fairly high power cube where the 4 mana wraths were starting to feel a little on the weak side, this is a card I'm very excited to see. I also adore the artwork and like how we get a visual reference to both Wrath of God and Damnation, plus the old border black cards look SO good with the white text!

Damn is a really clever design. It’s almost like getting three cards in one since it can be a legitimate card without white or without black and it’s obvs all gas in orzhov. Not right for my environment, but super cool

i’m pretty high on esper sentinel myself, mainly because it is a 1 mana white creature that has a high probability of drawing a card! there are many synergies as well but the floor alone is very very nice.

Lose Focus i think is very nice, funch summed it up well, the magecraft synergy i think is a big draw but again a handy utility spell with a very high floor. it probably will not crack my current main list but will be a welcome addition for when i have an extra player or two.

Here is a reanimator bomb that isn’t legendary, which is part of the BW reanimator theme in Modern Horizons 2.

It’s probably too strong for most Riptide cubes.

0725F4D6-7565-4AE7-978D-5F9C1DC8D77A.jpeg

The plane looks unfamiliar. Maybe Zendikar or Alara? But in the background we see Bolas’ horns.

The card pays homage to

Which are all connected to Bolas.

Last edited:

landofMordor

Administrator
View attachment 4201

I like this card a lot and I think it can have a home in cubes of a lot of different power levels. Replicate can have some cute synergies with Magecraft and can be generically powerful against stuff like Cascade. At it's floor the rate is already reasonable and being able to kick it up to a Convolute basically gives you a split between a nice cheap counter and a 3 mana hard counter. I also like that it's a common so pauper and peasant cubers can run it. Very good without feeling broken or unfair.

View attachment 4202

I missed the talk about this card the other day but I really do adore this design. Wrath of God kinda struggles in high power formats by having a floor rate that isn't really all that great, especially in constructed, which means that control decks tend not to play all that many sweepers. I really like that Damn fixes this problem by also ensuring that you have access to a fairly reasonable 2mv spot removal spell so you aren't just dead in the water if your opponent is stifling your early mana development or applying a lot of pressure very quickly. I get that for lower power cubes this card might be a bit too strong at doing the things it does but as the owner of a fairly high power cube where the 4 mana wraths were starting to feel a little on the weak side, this is a card I'm very excited to see. I also adore the artwork and like how we get a visual reference to both Wrath of God and Damnation, plus the old border black cards look SO good with the white text!
Very excited about Damn. Another sweet synergy for Lose Focus IMO is splicing stuff like Everdream onto it... but it takes a very special power level to make that happen :)

Here is a reanimator bomb that isn’t legendary, which is part of the BW reanimator theme in Modern Horizons 2.

It’s probably too strong for most Riptide cubes.

View attachment 4205

The plane looks unfamiliar. Maybe Zendikar or Alara? But in the background see Bolas’ horns.
The card pays homage to

Which are all connected to Bolas.
also a reference to Cruel Ultimatum

I think that Archon is a great reanimation target. Black 8 drops are a weird mix of supercharged legendary creatures and demons with wacky conditions to play them or keep them alive. This is definitely a strong card, but I still think it's fairer overall than Grave Titan and is more limited in usability.

:oops: :oops:
1622389992910.png
Necrogoyf
3BB
Creature - Lhurgoyf
Necrogoyf's power is equal to the number of creatures in all graveyards.

At the beginning of your upkeep, each player discards a card.

Madness 1BB
Illus. Nicholas Gregory
*/4​