Sets (MID) Innistrad: Midnight Hunt

This is looking more and more interesting, though I haven't played the format I did watch a bit on Twitch and this card is such a solid card advantage engine. It looks like a sacrifice payoff, but even if you're just playing removal, or you know, creatures, it triggers a lot. It incentivizes you to attack in certain situations in which it wouldn't be advantageous, reducing board stalls. It also somewhat synergizes with instant speed removal, creating some extra deckbuilding texture.

This is looking more and more interesting, though I haven't played the format I did watch a bit on Twitch and this card is such a solid card advantage engine. It looks like a sacrifice payoff, but even if you're just playing removal, or you know, creatures, it triggers a lot. It incentivizes you to attack in certain situations in which it wouldn't be advantageous, reducing board stalls. It also somewhat synergizes with instant speed removal, creating some extra deckbuilding texture.
I'm considering whether I like this or Midnight Reaper better. Not losing you life and triggering on opponents creatures are pretty decent plusses for the Opportunist

I think that the Opportunist is, weirdly enough, the stronger card even if only because it's a 1/3. If you want to gain this sort of incremental advantage, you want to draw the game out as long as possible, and a 3/2 just doesn't block for beans.

it’s a really strong uncommon, would love it at 2 mana. as is i view it as strong enough to splash for in retail and would probably be great in any cube up to mid power. i’m ALMOST interested for my own environment but it just costs too much to not affect the board more

5a53982e-3d66-4808-bcb5-46ff40567872.jpg
When this card was spoiled the first thing I thought was "this would have been good in Japahn's Cube." I can't remember why I didn't mention it here at the time, but I think this would be a really solid inclusion for you.

I think that the Opportunist is, weirdly enough, the stronger card even if only because it's a 1/3. If you want to gain this sort of incremental advantage, you want to draw the game out as long as possible, and a 3/2 just doesn't block for beans.
1/3 is a really spicy PT for formats with a lot of 2/1s and to a lesser degree 2/2s. From what I've been able to tell from recent digging I did in some thread here, most of our cubes are actually 2/1 and 2/2 centric...