General Modern Horizons

Hmm. I almost think OG Deranged Hermit is fairer.

deepforesthermit.jpg

I don't like this for cube, but this card is neat.

forceofnegation.jpg

I always thought it was the ‘Force’ part that countered and the ‘Will’ part that made it possible to cast the card without paying its mana cost. I guess Wizards disagree.

So Modern Horizons will have at least 40 different mechanics. This does not include evergreen such as flying, trample, haste etc

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
D7AQkTyWkAAR93J
prismatic-vista-fr-1.png

For the record, that land says:

{T}, pay 1 life, sacrifice Primatic Vista: Search your library for a basic land card, put it onto the battlefield, then shuffle your library.

Yes, untapped. Jeez, they made it a rare though? :/ This is nowhere near as powerful as the og fetchlands (e.g. Polluted Delta), since it can't get duals. Seems like it could have been a great uncommon. Still, sweet design that was begging to get printed. Now all those creative cubers can finally replace their custom version of this ;)

I never played with Brass Cave, but it seems better than a fetchland. It gets all your colors even if you don't pick up the right dual/shock, and you can pick it before you commit to any colors. I see myself taking Prismatic Vista P1P1 a lot in the future.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
I never played with Brass Cave, but it seems better than a fetchland. It gets all your colors even if you don't pick up the right dual/shock, and you can pick it before you commit to any colors. I see myself taking Prismatic Vista P1P1 a lot in the future.
If there's any fetch able duals, reg fetch lands are a higher pick.

This thing is a compromise in any constructed list though. At what point are you including this over half color fechlands in a modern deck? (Marsh flats in R/W for eg)
I hope that means foils will be like 5$ once hype dies down

I am pretty sure the user pslu4mne was refering to cube and not Modern constructed.

It is clearly more attractive in P1P1 if you do not already feel connected to a certain color pair/trio since you will guarentee play it and it will always help your mana base at almost no cost.