Sets [ORI] Magic Origins Spoilers

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
This hints at an interesting event in Jace's past. I have a feeling someone messed with our "favorite" mind-meddler's mind...

CML

Contributor
I don't know, I just had some vision of a snuff version of MTG where Chandra's parents are brother and sister.

What if you only catch a spark if you're the product of incest? The south would be crazy.

forget it wadds its ravnica
sphinxstutelage.jpg

hrm

this is sort of related to some themes i have for my custom cube i'm workin on but doesn't quite fit, too bad

serious legacy playable!

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Each opponent lol.
I like the angel :p I had Archangel of Thune in for mostly the same reason, so I'll probably make the switch.

Nc702ENl.jpg

Relic Hunter 1W
Creature - Human Soldier
Fame 1 (Whenever this creature deals combat damage to a player, if ~ isn't famous, put a +1/+1 counter on it and it becomes famous.)
Whenever Relic Hunter becomes famous, you may search your library for an Equipment card, reveal it, put it into your hand, then shuffle your library.

oh look another card i am ALL ABOUT, if this is a horizontal cycle i will be so pumped

Kothoped.png

Kothophed, Hoarder of Souls
4BB
Legendary Creature - Demon
Flying
Whenever a permanent owned by another player is put into a graveyard from the battlefield,
draw a card and you lose 1 life.
6/6

I love him. Definition of Suicide Black.

So the monstrous style of spell effect has continued- ETB will never permanently go away but I'm all for the "if ~ isn't x it becomes x and y happens" mechanics.

These creatures having effective lure is neat, though. Let's see what wizards can do!

Demon's ability is cool. Effect is definitely something you want before your 6-drop, though. Edit: How can a 6-cost 6/6 demon not be right? MTG confirmed for satanism. Again.

I guess Kothophed works pretty well in certain control build, but yeah, I want him before 6 mana. My primary concern is a lack of a "may" clause. Would have wanted lower cost, smaller body and it worked on your permanents, but hey, he's a demon and I should try to bargain with him. That would have been too powerful anyway with a gravecrawlerish sac engine. I guess LotV, +1 him into the yard, reanimate T4, edict and regain card advantage sounds good.

Relic Hunter seems interesting. A slam dunk in lists still running swords/jitte/clamp I'm thinking.

My equipment suite is pretty sparse at this point though, so I'm not sure I want that over other options at 2CC. I love the flavor though, and this is better than stoneforge if it doesn't find anything as a 3/3 for 2 is still decent.

That's pretty nasty. Double infest for one more mana seems legit if you need another sweeper effect.

From a pure power perspective, Toxic Deluge does it better though (assuming you can eat the life loss) being scalable and all. Languish will suck against the green player who just dropped his 5/5 4 drop.

The cool thing about mutilate is that it's crazy with Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth while not locking you into MBC. And it scales as the game progresses too. With Languish, WCS = BCS, which is probably better than mutilate a lot of times but it's also super boring and not anything that inspires me. At least with Mutilate, my mind starts working on how I can make it retarded.

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
Nc702ENl.jpg

Relic Hunter 1W
Creature - Human Soldier
Fame 1 (Whenever this creature deals combat damage to a player, if ~ isn't famous, put a +1/+1 counter on it and it becomes famous.)
Whenever Relic Hunter becomes famous, you may search your library for an Equipment card, reveal it, put it into your hand, then shuffle your library.

oh look another card i am ALL ABOUT, if this is a horizontal cycle i will be so pumped

That card needs to say aura instead of equipment. If only there was some invention that would allow me to write over the old text so that the new text could say something of my choosing instead. . .

it's supposed to be Standard-okay stoneforge guys let's not worry too much about what could have been. I'm hoping that with the apparently lower turnaround time on this set they fucked up and gave us COMBAT SNAPCASTER or another eternal witness but it's probably gonna all be fine for standard with a few Cube standouts? Impulsive draw you don't have to pay mana for is exciting, I hope that's the red one.

i'm really stoked for some of these mechanics, y'all! (and the promo foil, you know my weakness)