General Print this Wizards! (So I can put it in my cube)

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Now the difference is small: Rather than X we have "Equal to the number of +1/+1 counters on ~" or possibly "Equal to it's power"

Could they all be powered down? I think the green one already looks like this right?

Now the difference is small: Rather than X we have "Equal to the number of +1/+1 counters on ~" or possibly "Equal to it's power"

Could they all be powered down? I think the green one already looks like this right?
the green one gets both X counters and sunburst counters.

the others are really good and borderline broken but seem fun for now. the black one is just not fun atm

Chris Taylor

Contributor
+1/+1 counter theme is great for me right now, but I'm a little dissatisfied with the fact that volt charge is basically the only think to do with it.
The theme is mostly in red/green right now, with a touch of white (mostly ajani)

Anyone have sweet cards with proliferate on them? I'm unsure of what an aggro deck would play with proliferate on it (other than maybe a creature, but the last thing green needs is more creatures)

Here's one:

Zen Strike {1}{G}
Instant
Target creature gets +2/+2 and gains deathtouch until end of turn
Proliferate

Chris Taylor

Contributor
i have volt charge with basiclandcycling {1}{R}, stoic rebuttal w/ proliferate, and contagion clasp for {1}

one of my better drafters during the last draft "i am consistently shocked at how much better proliferate is in this cube than i expect it to be"

I belive it, but I'm trying to keep this thing to naya for the moment. Black has Rakdos Cackler but no accompanying 2 drop where red has gore-house chainwalker and a few other randoms (Kargan Dragonlord isn't the best to proliferate, but he's fine)
So blue proliferate cards aren't really what I'm looking for. Nor do I really expect an aggro deck to take a turn off to activate contagion clasp.

Volt charge really is where I want it to be: something an aggro deck would play anyways and can add to the +1/+1 counter plan

My cube runs two mutants prey but with proliferate before the fighting. It's been awesome, if a little narrow. Depending on your power level, I could see removing the 'with a +1/+1 counter' clause, possibly with a move down to sorcery speed (do more like prey upon w/ proliferate. But anyway, when that card's is good it's nuts. experiment one/cackler into stormblood berserker into mutants ambush is brutal.
I too have been thinking about creatures with proliferate. What about a green beater with graft that proliferates when it connects? Maybe a 3/3 for 1GG? I like the tension of making sure it's large enough to get through blockers while also wanting to spread out the counters for maximum value.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Flanking and provoke eh? Hmmm....
That's a tough one, because provoke is mainly green/white, whereas flanking is white/red
but if you put both on a white creature, you kinda have a pinger, which almost certainly doesn't feel right.

Maybe:

Belenish Outrider {1}{W}
Creature - Human Knight
Provoke, Flanking, First Strike
1/1

I loooooooooooooooove provoke!

Pouncing Cat-Beast {2}{R}
Creature - Cat Beast (C)
Haste, provoke
3/1

Let me tell you I have no problem cramming trample on the sucker!

Chris Taylor

Contributor
I could see it. I think wotc's version of common hastey guys is a little lower though:
144.jpg

I'm just saying being met with a post like that after ages of not contributing doesn't perk up my interest to share.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
I should be more clear when I'm making fun of precedence :p

I wonder if he'd be sweet as a ball lightning variant. A burn spell with trample, if you will :D

no, I guess not? Could be an enchant with R, Sacrifice a land: 2 damage. Though it wouldn't be quite as good, it'd be very close. So there is at least in functional difference, in that you can pay the fortify cost and sac later. I'd like it to have a good reason for being a fortification, though.

Here's one that makes more sense as a fortification:
zpcq.jpg

Chris Taylor

Contributor
the problem I have with fortifications is unlike equipment, you won't be moving them around as much, and their targets die a lot less often.

yup. This one at least some chance of needing to move around, in order to make a different color of mana. Probably not a big enough thing, though

Chris Taylor

Contributor
We can change that you know : )

Do we want to? I think the safety of my lands is a net positive on gameplay

also, RE: fortification vs enchantment goblin clod cannon: the enchantment mode lets you sac multiple lands as an instant, since we can only fortify as a sorcery

I'm always down for more boomeranging lands and such. More land interaction from hand and graveyard and play would make the niche instances of your mana being disrupted feel less back breaking.

playing a land and drawing a land and looking at my lands every turn is like the most boring under utilized part of this game. Curving out should be something you can interact more with and make choices about.