General Print this Wizards! (So I can put it in my cube)

Is this card too busted lol

(WB)
Enchantment
Exalted
Extort (WB)
ETB draw a card.
Probably fine. If I'm understanding your formatting, it's costed as {W/B}. Might be a little fairer at {W}{B} or {W/B}{W/B} . 1 mana is strong, especially with a cantrip.

Depends on your criteria. I don't think wizards wizards would ever print something like that because it would be deemed unintuitive. You could switch it to "whenever ~ enters the battlefield or dies, you may tap target creature." Outside of a few interactions (ie, blood artist), its functionally the same.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Here's the blue 2s I'm running that I hate:

RnzRs5V.jpg
qS8Fo8I.jpg
qS8Fo8I.jpg

That's literally half of my 2s :p

Basically they're all appropriately costed 2s with keywords that my cube likes, but nobody ACTUALLY wants them. Apparently the difference between Seeker of the Way and Lurker Hotshot here is huge.

Here's some of the ones that have actually been successful:
7tdsrnp.jpg
7tdsrnp.jpg
3JUulgs.jpg
bf0pfhQ.jpg

I think the difference is these cards are decent at doing shit other than just attacking, so when you're not on the aggressive they're still helping.

I've got prowess, pod and counters at the archetypes that might want a 2 drop creature in blue, but pod 2s are a bit harder to make work (Lucas has suggested an endless stream of blue elvish visionaries, usually with delve that only pod and control want, for eg)

Here's a big dump of all the blue 2's that I have. I don't know what's appropriately costed for your cube, so feel free modify any that seem interesting.

(also, I'm really lazy about finding new art/names)

Apprentice Monk.jpgAven Mystic.jpgAzami Lady of Scrolls.jpgBeing of Mist.jpgGelectrode.jpgHeidar Rimewind Master.jpgMeloku the Clouded Mirror.jpgSaltwater Prophet.jpgStalwart Skaab.jpgThopter Patrol.jpg

Chris Taylor

Contributor
How does this rank between control magic, treachery, and persuasion?

UUU2
You control enchanted permanent
When ~ enters the battlefield, end the turn

How does this rank between control magic, treachery, and persuasion?

UUU2
You control enchanted permanent
When ~ enters the battlefield, end the turn
Well, confiscate/volition reins are only one more mana than this, without any negative riders. I could see {2}{U}{U}{U} confiscate not being overwhelming, really. What exactly is ending the turn getting you? I guess it takes away the "steal blocker -> attack with your dudes" line...

I'd probably rank them
Treachery
Control Magic
Your spell
Persuasion

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Well, confiscate/volition reins are only one more mana than this, without any negative riders. I could see {2}{U}{U}{U} confiscate not being overwhelming, really. What exactly is ending the turn getting you? I guess it takes away the "steal blocker -> attack with your dudes" line...

I'd probably rank them
Treachery
Control Magic
Your spell
Persuasion

it loses you an activation on a walker

Why don't you just make a Switcheroo for permanents, where the opponent gets to decide what to swap for himself/herself ?

Confiscate effects are done already :)

Mostly because I think control magic is too strong for my cube, but persuasion is too weak, so I'm going to try and make something up that's somewhere in the middle.

Now, how much do your comments change if it's 3UU?

it loses you an activation on a walker

Mostly because I think control magic is too strong for my cube, but persuasion is too weak, so I'm going to try and make something up that's somewhere in the middle.

Now, how much do your comments change if it's 3UU?
Gets stronger, but I'd probably still keep it how I ordered it.

Why don't you just toss a bonus onto persuasion i it's too weak? Like Scry 2 or something. Enchanting permanents changes a lot of variables. I could also see an argument for "Enchant nonland permanent", which I don't think has been done before and works a little smoother at {U}{U} imo.

The walker activation is a fair point.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Gets stronger, but I'd probably still keep it how I ordered it.

Why don't you just toss a bonus onto persuasion i it's too weak? Like Scry 2 or something. Enchanting permanents changes a lot of variables. I could also see an argument for "Enchant nonland permanent", which I don't think has been done before and works a little smoother at {U}{U} imo.

The walker activation is a fair point.

I just went with permanent because at 5 mana, I think if they want my volrath's stronghold, they can have it :p

Plus hey, the more incidental artifact or enchantment hate I can add the better. If someone steals birthing pod with this and then goes nuts with it, I'll be REALLY happy

I just went with permanent because at 5 mana, I think if they want my volrath's stronghold, they can have it :p

Plus hey, the more incidental artifact or enchantment hate I can add the better. If someone steals birthing pod with this and then goes nuts with it, I'll be REALLY happy
I could still see most of this being accomplished with a simple

{3}{U}{U}
Enchant nonland permanent
You control enchanted permanent.

It gives you nice incidental edge over persuasion/mind control, but doesn't feel overly much more powerful.

To avoid stealing of planeswalkers, you could old-school it even, with a list "artifact, creature, or enchantment".
Stealing a land T5 on the play to both take away a splash and put the opponent back to 3 lands seems fairly strong.

Chris look at it this way: when you get to steal a land, is it going to feel fun or tactical or anything? probably not, right? like the benefits to gameplay for it to steal a land are marginal at best?

when it feels bad for the other person though, it's going to feel REALLY REALLY BAD. do you see what i mean? it's never going to feel super good for the person using it, it'll just be like, "hey that's sort of neat" vs the just like "oh god i didn't get to play" that can occur

the upside is not worth it even if the downside is a corner case
people who play will tend to remember notable negative outliers and sometimes when you can soften them, it's very good and important

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Chris look at it this way: when you get to steal a land, is it going to feel fun or tactical or anything? probably not, right? like the benefits to gameplay for it to steal a land are marginal at best?

when it feels bad for the other person though, it's going to feel REALLY REALLY BAD. do you see what i mean? it's never going to feel super good for the person using it, it'll just be like, "hey that's sort of neat" vs the just like "oh god i didn't get to play" that can occur

the upside is not worth it even if the downside is a corner case
people who play will tend to remember notable negative outliers and sometimes when you can soften them, it's very good and important

It's 5 mana. This is not a stone rain people are going to be excited about, it's something to steal Volrath's Stronghold and Manlands :p

I'm gonna test it at 3uu, any permanent, and if the stone rain angle is an actual problem, I'll patch it out.