Site News RiptideLab on YouTube

Dom Harvey

Contributor
I need to know more about this picture in the left of the background. There's a penguin and a... llama? Possibly a dog?

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
I need to know more about this picture in the left of the background. There's a penguin and a... llama? Possibly a dog?

A5YTeRr.jpg

I'm not sure how to visually distinguish between a penguin and an alpaca.

EDIT: I meant to type llama and alpaca. You know what...

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member

Can I get some honest feedback / constructive criticism on this one? I currently have it unlisted, so it's only you forum homies who are seeing this. It kind of feels like something I would maybe put on Patreon if I had one.

I'm having some doubts about this video. I tried to answer all the questions in the thread, but my answers to some of the questions were kind of slow and boring and I cut them out to get a more watchable end product. Maybe I should have spent more time focusing on better articulating points on some of the questions I did include in the final cut. Not sure whether to publish this publicly or not.

I still lurk around these parts every once in a while! I'm horrible at hanging out, but it's my number 1 place for cube info for like 8 years or who knows how long since the whole Google Groups thing :D

By the way, I really loved the last podcast episode with Jason and SirFunchalot actually going over the cubes and the design decisions. It would be super neat to see more content like that, just bringing people that have cool cubes to talk about them, how they came to be, what drives their decisions, etc.

but man is it unnerving listening to a recording of yourself

It's my nightmare. The only times I've ever had to was for a gallery show or something art related. I either say the dumbest shit I don't even believe or I "like" and "um" myself into oblivion.