Site News RiptideLab on YouTube

Totally forgot Renegade Rallier ws a card and that Felidar Retreat came out in ZNR. I've also had an Emeria Angel sitting in the sidelines for a bit that feels like it's worth moving over to the big leagues off this potential synergy alone. That's a sweet interaction that doesn't use up very many slots and definitely gives some identity to GW Midrange. Rallier even slots nicely into my Bant Soulherder builds as a self-revolt trigger off the flicker effect. Making the swaps!

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Man I loved that deck, so many neat interactions :) I would also love them to print just Rise, since I don't have Rakdos in my cube :( Maybe I should just put in more custom split cards that smash together cool split cards. I mean, I made a custom Raise the Alarm // Coordinated Assault aftermath card, so this is fair game too, right? Or, you know, just include it as a non-split card.

Chris Taylor

Contributor

Is the Power Max approach proper game design? Does it matter? How can we get better at describing cubes? Where do Dom and Jason draw design inspiration from, and how do they approach the Reanimator archetype? Find out on Episode 2 of the RiptideLab Podcast!

So I'm flattered how much I actually came up in this one Jason/Dom. I laugh at the idea of Dom having experienced Slay the Spire through me: a game I've played very little of and am quite terrible at :p

My cube is functional online, so if you want to dive into custom card as it respects to cube, we can throw together a draft of mine, or I'm sure we can find time to have me on at some point.
I hadn't actually seen Dom's post about the issues of UR spells in cube with regards to timing, so I'm glad to have found it here.

I still think delver is a trap in draft, but sprite dragon being one of the better threats because it cares not when you cast the spells in question is worth thinking about, especially given all these juicy new magecraft cards we've just got

landofMordor

Administrator
I am so very excited to tune in to the Riptide Lab podcast. Are there any plans to publish on Apple Podcasts or Spotify?

Best of luck with the new content!

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
I am so very excited to tune in to the Riptide Lab podcast. Are there any plans to publish on Apple Podcasts or Spotify?

Best of luck with the new content!

Thanks! I haven't really thought about publishing it that way, but you're not the first to ask. Right now I'm pretty focused on putting as much as I can into the YouTube channel. Somehow I feel like putting it elsewhere detracts from that goal, but I'm open to hearing counterarguments.

landofMordor

Administrator
Thanks! I haven't really thought about publishing it that way, but you're not the first to ask. Right now I'm pretty focused on putting as much as I can into the YouTube channel. Somehow I feel like putting it elsewhere detracts from that goal, but I'm open to hearing counterarguments.

For sure, that's a good goal. I think sites like Anchor make it pretty easy to cross-publish and reach a wider audience, so it might not be as energy-intensive as you'd think. Personally I don't have access to Youtube (saves me hours and hours of time) but I do like to listen to podcasts as I'm making dinner or doing other hands-on tasks.

If you want to know how the Rectangle Draft went.

550wr1.jpg