Sets Shadows over Innistrad Spoilers Thread

Grillo_Parlante

Contributor
Madness brainstorm

12705795_992872324116976_8765645256745586889_n.jpg

Edit: is this real?

The madness reminder templating isn't consistent with SOI fiery temper... I'm not convinced. This is templated like the old madness. They already have out a new official reminder text, or at least as official as a wiki will be:

Madness (cost) (If you discard this card, discard it into exile. When you do, cast it for its madness cost or put it into your graveyard.)

Laz

Developer
My question is why would it be rare? Brainstorm certainly ain't breaking limited (see Anticipate, which is likely similarly strong absent extensive shuffle effects).

Chris Taylor

Contributor
My question is why would it be rare? Brainstorm certainly ain't breaking limited (see Anticipate, which is likely similarly strong absent extensive shuffle effects).

*Shrug* Dual lands are rare, but they have actively good effects at lower rarity. Money Talks

Delusional Ravings is fake:
- Uses the Odyssey reminder text rather than the new one in Fiery Temper
- 29/297 should put in well in white, not blue.
- Font is weird

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Could be a mockup?

A mockup would explain the weird font (WotC often sends out previews in pdf with slightly off font and/or proportions iirc), but not the reminder text and the odd card numbering. The booster leaks have confirmed Expose Evil as 19/297 and Furtive Homonculus as 64/297. If Delusional Ravings is 29/297 there's at most 28 white cards and at least 36 blue cards. I mean, we had Torment, but I think it's extremely, extremely unlikely that Delusional Ravings is real.

braininabottle.jpg

"Brain Jar"
Artifact
first ability: put a charge counter on ~, then you may cast an instant or sorcery with converted mana cost equal to the number charge counters on ~ from your hand without paying its mana cost
Second ability (removing any number of counters is an additional cost) : Scry X

Spell aether vial with additional utility? This is preeeeetty sweet!

"Brain Jar"
Artifact
first ability: put a charge counter on ~, then you may cast an instant or sorcery with converted mana cost equal to the number charge counters on ~ from your hand without paying its mana cost
Second ability (removing any number of counters is an additional cost) : Scry X

Spell aether vial with additional utility? This is preeeeetty sweet!
A very cool card! Probably the biggest synergy with this with Split cards:

And using the ruling from oracle of bones, I'm betting you can cast both halves of a fuse card! This is because you are casting it from your hand. Rebound works too.

A very cool card! Probably the biggest synergy with this with Split cards:

And using the ruling from oracle of bones, I'm betting you can cast both halves of a fuse card! This is because you are casting it from your hand. Rebound works too.

Probably the ONLY synergy while we are at it? :D

I can't see this being playable in cube, since it takes so long time to do anything...

I can't see this being playable in cube, since it takes so long time to do anything...

Yeah, AEther Vial has always been a no-go but being able to tap out and still hold up counterspells has got to be better than flash dudes

Not the only synergy, but definitely the best. You can cast a buyback spell and pay it's additional cost to get it back in your hand, I believe. (using oracle of bone again). You can use it on draw spells, saving mana to play the things you've just drawn. Again, not the only, but def the best.

I don't really see it being fast enough for cube either. Honestly, it won't be that great in EDH either, unless the deck it's in has a sweet curve and lots of spells.

Yeah, AEther Vial has always been a no-go but being able to tap out and still hold up counterspells has got to be better than flash dudes
You have to get it into play t2, pay 1 mana and probably do nothing and next turn you MIGHT have a counterspell to play from it...
I'm not thrilled.

EDIT: why didn't i just see the sarcasm right away... oh dear...