Card/Deck Single Card Spotlight

How fun is this in a fair cube that does run Emry, Lurker of the Loch?

Yeah, I can never see wanting Lotus Petal over Chromatic Star in a fair situation. I just played the Petal in a Underworld Breach deck in last week's cube draft and it was a solid playable when doing unfair things. Even so, in basically any scenario it can't compare to:

I don't think LED is meaningfully less narrow than Lotus Petal (although doubling up on LED might be excessive). Even in a fair-ish cube, LED sounds more interesting with say:

I have this in my cube that has a decent GY theme. I am not sure why I am including it though. I mean it is never bad, but I like it less than Grapple with the Past for example (which also plays as a set up card).
Why do you play (or not) Regrowth?

I'm the opposite, I've found Regrowth always useful while Grapple with the Past is...questionable. The reason is that Regrowth can get back all your engines and other vital cards. It can replay Smokestack, a discarded Wildfire, Crucible of Worlds, etc.

Part of the issue is that both fight for the same slot or at least a similar one. Is mill, regrowth too broken? Because I want that.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
He should have that video up soon-ish — it was a pretty good game :p

Video is edited and thumbnail'd, will publish tomorrow around 8'am EST.

5rRqp8q.png

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Also I have fond memories of me winning a cube match with Plow Under, Regrowth, Plow Under. The Plow Under is gone but the Regrowth remains.

Regrowth is already a widely desirable card, so I'm not sure the drafting tension will be that much higher with Recovery. Still a good thing either way. If there's a card with drafting tension, we offset with alternatives or density of effects. For instance, you might already have eternal witness and this is a secondary slot. Providing recursion tools to other colors and deck strategies would also help with any perceived supply shortage.

You make good arguments for Bala Ged Recovery. What about these cards? I love Tempo decks but they lack a bit of oomph and I have a free slot:

All these would work, but sadly it says combat damage :D

BUT you could combine them with that enchantment to create the wackiest blink deck ever:

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Wait, I didn't notice that! I don't think I have any stuff like that in my cube but it IS interesting.
It's very corner case :') the real reason Mission is better is obviously because it a) cycles and b) is cheaper $-wise. For some reason Coastal Piracy is an expensive uncommon :shrug: