Card/Deck Single Card Spotlight

Thanks for the advice, guys. Talking about 4-drops. What decks really want Greater Good? Like, what's the end-goal with the card?

The ultimate goal imho is to do something like Greater Good on a big creature (Yosei, Kokusho etc), instead of drawing 6 you dredge 20 and then you Living Death or something similar to get back everything

Thanks for the advice, guys. Talking about 4-drops. What decks really want Greater Good? Like, what's the end-goal with the card?

This is a card that makes Johnny-minded players happy but causes them to lose Cube matches through tempo loss. This card is only good in very slow, very low-power environments where sacrificing a reasonably large creature isn't going to necessarily swing the game too much.

I think I was more surprised by the presence of the Copter in comparaison with the other vehicles.

Looking at your list right now, they all look good except Peacewalker Colossus which I am not convinced about. Crew 4 is a big ask and all you get is a vanilla 6/6.
I also like Untethered Express. It's crew cost is super cheap. It has trample and is effectively a 5/5 for 4. I think I saw some counters synergy in your list too. However, I think you have enough good vehicles already that you don't need this one.

I would assume the usual suspects are pretty good.
Energy :mad:
Have the other two. Not thrilled to have to keep Cat tokens on me, but Esika's seems super good.
However, I think you have enough good vehicles already that you don't need this one.
More interested in them as a way to add artifact density than "I need specifically Vehicles," I guess. As a cuber only, I don't have a ton of experience with the card type.

I think the better card by far is Momentous Fall, tbh, if you can spare holding up four mana in a green deck.

Greater Good is good when you're running things with death triggers that are worth more than a card, so if you have, idk, Protean Hulk or Abyssal Persecutor it can get pretty busted, but these are usually very specific interactions.

Is this a new good card? It have somehow missed the letter from Hogwarts on it. Is it good?

The crewing is quite different from most vehicles.

After Pondering over this thread I have a few cards I would like to ask you about.

Who would want this?
This is generally a card I'm happy to run in Monocolor Aggro, since it's a utility land with reasonable upside and a low opportunity cost. The card is significantly worse than Mishra's Factory and Mutavault, and I also rate it below many other low-opportunity-cost utility lands like the Castles, the new AFR Manlands, the Mythic MDFCs from ZNR, etc. which are generally much higher impact cards, and therefore much higher picks in general. I find that the Nexus sits at an awkward spot where its something monocolor aggressive decks want and are happy to play, but is also low-impact enough to still be a low pick even for decks that want it and often ends ends up rotting sideboards, so as a result I usually cut this card from cubes without dedicated Utility Land Drafts. With that said, I think this is a totally fine card for cubes with a Utility Land Draft (or cubes where you don't play the stronger utility lands for power level reasons), as it's simply another low-investment utility land to act as wrath protection/extra reach/mana sink for aggressive decks, and while it's nowhere near the top of the pile for utility lands, with a Utility Land Draft or a lower power level it's much more likely to end up in the hands of someone who'll use it, and I like it in that niche.

Is this a new good card? It have somehow missed the letter from Hogwarts on it. Is it good?

The crewing is quite different from most vehicles.
I was interested in it, but having to always crew with two creatures is a big cost, and you don't get ETB effects. I dunno, I'm still interested in it, but I'm going to wait until someone else proves it's good first.

This card saw a fair bit of play in Jund Food and Rakdos Pyromancer decks in Historic, does it need to “go deep” or can it fit nicely into any cube that goes wide?

wish it could sacrifice itself as a last-ditch option, but otherwise certainly seems playable. That said, what did it do in the decks you mentioned, and is there a similar role for it to fill in your or others' cubes?

wish it could sacrifice itself as a last-ditch option, but otherwise certainly seems playable. That said, what did it do in the decks you mentioned, and is there a similar role for it to fill in your or others' cubes?
in Food it would sacrifice the cats and Woe Strider goats to create cat/oven loops or trigger Korvold.
in pyromancer it would sacrifice Pyromancer tokens, Stitchers Suppliers, and Kroxas to blow up the enemy board and keep cards flowing.

i think if your cube is making a significant number of 1/1 or even 2/2 tokens, or have recursive stuff like Bloodghast, there are plays to be made. note that while she has to tap, it’s an instant speed, zero mana outlet that gives you basically 3 for 2 (you sac 2, they sac 1, you draw 1, you get mana and a ping which kinda adds up to 1), and you can further break the symmetry with your typical Bx deathrattley stuff.