Card/Deck Single Card Spotlight

I am so freaking close to making my own Frankie Peanuts that costs {1}{W}{W} it's not even funny. I think it's one of the best things to come out of Un sets, but it's just a tad too expensive. Anyone else have an Un cards that are super close to making it but are held back by something small?

I am so freaking close to making my own Frankie Peanuts that costs {1}{W}{W} it's not even funny. I think it's one of the best things to come out of Un sets, but it's just a tad too expensive. Anyone else have an Un cards that are super close to making it but are held back by something small?

It was never strong enough to warrent a 5-color card in any of my cubes. I wish it would have a smaller pool with stronger planeswalker abilities.

However I just learned two days ago (on this page) that this opportunity is still an option in the future because they appearently keep updating him.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
How would one do that technically? Some kind of Mindslaver (+ other cards I can’t really think of right now) shenanigan?
No, I meant that Oreskos Explorer says "where X is the number of players who control more lands than you" instead of "where X is the number of opponents who control more lands than you" (or "other players"), which means it includes you in the count! Really, all you have to do is find a way to control less lands than yourself and you're set! :D

On the topic of un-cards...

This feels... interesting, especially if your cube has a pretty narrow power band and good fixing.
This seems super fun! I would give someone losing the best thing I can, and someone winning... well, something that wouldn't make them win much more. It's playgroup dependent, like a lot of silver-bordered cards, but the ceiling is high!

No, I meant that Oreskos Explorer says "where X is the number of players who control more lands than you" instead of "where X is the number of opponents who control more lands than you" (or "other players"), which means it includes you in the count! Really, all you have to do is find a way to control less lands than yourself and you're set! :D
And again, how do you technically do that?

From an elegance stand point, how annoying is this to read in a two player game?
Not annoying enough to make me avoid the card. A 2/2 creature that draws a card is pretty good, even if it draws something that won't always be relevant.

Also it searches for any plains, not just basics. So you can fetch up an Indatha Triome or something in a pinch.

I think if you want to play with it you absolutely should.

I wanted to open this topic once again :)

I have always called the red ability for looting (Discard -> Draw)

But now I read Mark Rosewater call it rummaging in today’s article (December 6’th 2021 about Innistrad: Crimson Vow):

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articl...-ends-innistrad-crimson-vow-part-1-2021-12-06

I’ll add the question and answer here:

“ Q: Is there a future for Blood tokens?

I believe all of our artifact token resources (Clues, Treasure, Food, Blood, etc.) are essentially deciduous for two reasons. One, they're flavorful yet generic. Most planes have those components on them. Two, they tend to do simple game actions, so it's not hard to find ways to make them synergistic. Let's take Blood as an example.

Magic is a combat game with creatures at the center, meaning there are always going to be spells that have to deal with creatures. That's kind of the basic recipe for Blood showing up frequently. Rummaging (discarding and drawing) is an ability that is useful in all games and especially synergistic in sets with a graveyard theme, something we do a lot. Can I imagine another set that might be a little bloody with mechanical themes that work with rummaging? Absolutely. So yes, I see a future for Blood tokens.”

If Wizards want rummaging to be the red discard, then draw, what do we call the blue draw, then discard since it cannot be rummaging?

just the other day i told a fellow cuber “i will never, ever maindeck disenchant” so that pretty much sums up my thoughts on straight disenchants for BO1. the dino and cathar that sac to blow up an art/ench are both pretty good in BO1 environments IMO

Sure, it depends on the cube, but it's still not the card I'd pick for this slot if only because artifacts and enchantments typically don't kill you. I'm on about 25% of my non-land cards as artifacts or enchantments and I'd still be leery about including Nature's Chant due to a lack of targets that actually matter. Sure, in the long run artifacts and enchantments might win games, but they're typically not "remove or die" checks in the way that creatures can often be.

Last edited: