General (SNC) Streets of New Capenna Previews

But Stockpile is miles better in many ways?
And the red in the casting cost makes it more likely to end up with the Wildfire drafter.
Stockpile’s boost is once. Kyren stays. Kyren cannot be used for mana and charging, unlike stockpile. They are quite different

Workshop-Warchief-SNC-265.jpg

Personally, I've always felt like the real problems with Thragtusk were that the token was too small and I didn't have a way to cycle it but still get the triggers. That's definitely always been my issues with Thragtusk. Yes indeed.

Personally, I've always felt like the real problems with Thragtusk were that the token was too small and I didn't have a way to cycle it but still get the triggers. That's definitely always been my issues with Thragtusk. Yes indeed.
i get this but at this point the only reason i’m even on thragtusk is i have one player who LOVES to target it with Restoration Angel, and this new card doesn’t do that too properly. i would KILL for actual thragtusk with evoke or blitz though

Reactions: dbs
Don't get me wrong, new 'tusk is definitely worse, between costing GG and not being flickerable (and thus also not playing around exile removal properly)... but it's really weird they went so specifically close to Thragtusk in the numbers.

Not to seem like an old fart but are magic cards getting more and more complex? As compared to 10 years ago it seems like there's a lot more going on
Correct! But I don't think it's necessarily bad for Magic to get more complex as it matures.

Last edited:

This is the Friendly Union Representative I was looking for out of the Riveteers. Thank you WOTC.

Ah, but you immediately recoup that mana with your treasure.
The rebate still doesn't make it cost {2}{G} though, you still need to have three mana in order to cast it. The extra value is nice and it helps you cast some bigger stuff in Pauper (maybe in the cascade deck? @Kirblinx ?), but I this doesn't have the same play patterns that a {1}{G} with the same stats but no treasure would.

wcbsd2m32ct81.png

Well. This works nicely with a lot of things, but all I have eyes for is a busted Pod combo.

:edh:

Apart from that, though, I don't see much of a reason for this to be green.

Last edited:
The rebate still doesn't make it cost {2}{G} though, you still need to have three mana in order to cast it. The extra value is nice and it helps you cast some bigger stuff in Pauper (maybe in the cascade deck? @Kirblinx ?), but I this doesn't have the same play patterns that a {1}{G} with the same stats but no treasure would.
I am perfectly aware of all of this... I wasn't being entirely serious when I referred to it as a 2-drop.

It's a 2-drop in the sense that Prosperous Innkeeper is a 1-drop or Burning-Tree Emissary is a 0-drop (i.e., with plenty of sequencing restrictions).

mannnnnn Jund day was gonna be my favorite day until it was the worst spoiler day yet
EDIT: but i can’t complain too much because i got sick new cards yesterday for WU and UB, my weakest guilds (Fence and Indulgence are fireeeee)

1649888210512.png

I haven't seen anybody mention this card yet? Seems like a fun one for lower-powered cubes. I was considering giving white more graveyard recursion, and SNC seems to be playing right into that :)

I am perfectly aware of all of this... I wasn't being entirely serious when I referred to it as a 2-drop.

It's a 2-drop in the sense that Prosperous Innkeeper is a 1-drop or Burning-Tree Emissary is a 0-drop (i.e., with plenty of sequencing restrictions).
Oh sorry, it's getting hard to tell whether people are being sarcastic or not when they're talking about the power level of new cards. Ever since the Professor and PK started talking about "artificial rotation" of eternal formats it seems like people bring up power creep with every other new card, even for things that probably aren't that great but are above average.

I'm not trying to be a prude :confused:;):cool: