General [STX] Strixhaven Spoilers

creativeoutburst.jpg

BAM!

I have become that guy

I also don't think the Eldrazi should have or even need specific mechanics just for themselves. It is not like Goblins or Phyrexians have any mechanic tied to them so closely, that you can't find it anywhere else.

The set is suppose to draw inspiration from many different school worlds. One is Harry Potter, another one is the real world. There are suppose to be many more that I have not heard of. If this information is true, then it is fair to say that Harry Potter is allowed to contribute with five-fifteen different ideas. Without it being a Harry Potter clone set.

Here is another Alternative Win Condition card for Zoss!
https://riptidelab.com/forum/threads/alternative-win-conditions.3324/

Chris Taylor

Contributor
ferventmastery.jpg

So I'll make the turkey joke first:

GambleGambleGamble

leoninlightscribep.jpg

This is also real strong. God the move to instant/sorcery specific over prowess is a lot more restrictive on deckbuilding. I've gotta take a long hard look at any enchantments I run, for eg

OK, that's a way more interesting card for my "one player doesn't get a combat step" setup.

Attacking Player: You get a point when one of your creatures deals combat damage to your opponent. You win when you reach 10 points.
Defending Player: You replace your combat phase with another beginning phase. You get a point whenever your opponent fails to deal damage to you on their turn. You win when you reach 5 points.

The sport is called Mage Tower

There is an intense rivalry between the Colleges and they battle that out in magical duels. It is part of Strixhaven's special sport called Mage Tower. The rules are simple: two opposing teams meet in the school's large stadion alongside their mascots. There are three phases of play. Each mascot sits on a tower and the goal is to steal the opposing team's mascot and transport it over to their own side. The use of all magic is legal, except that which would physically harm opponents, mascots or somebody in the stands, or damage the stadium. Each phase lasts twenty minutes, and then a winner is declared.

Here is the video with the info

I will obviously include it in the lore thread you can find under Magic Forum -> General Discussions as soon as we actually have an article from Wizards on the matter.

Man Conspiracy Theorist's gotta go right into Ravnic's RG madness, no?

At first I was like YES but now I think he might be too good even. He reads basically "whenever this guy attacks, you may pay 1 to draw a card" even without any synergies. And envisioning him next to another looter/rummager is kinda scary.

That being said, I always wanted a Battlefield Scavenger without the exert condition.

en_sYSsooi2P3.png

I'm mostly just posting this guy because the pun is so good.

Two questions:
1) Can you explain the pun to me?
2) Why didn't they make him into a lizard wizard for christs sake?

Unrelated: this seems like a really sweet Rampant Growth Variant for anyone supporting landfall in green. Also, counters?

Emergent-Sequence.jpg

I just love fiddling with games. I actually don't like playing Magic nearly as much as I do fiddling with decks and environments.

EDIT: Hall Monitor (Lizard)

I'm still sad that Murcielojos isn't going to be nearly as good of a pun in English.

At first I was like YES but now I think he might be too good even. He reads basically "whenever this guy attacks, you may pay 1 to draw a card" even without any synergies. And envisioning him next to another looter/rummager is kinda scary.

I really like how Tuskeri Firewalker plays, but it might be too weak for my cube. The ability on a 3/2 for 3 was good in KHM limited, but definitely not overpowered. Conspiracy Theorist may overshoot the mark because it's in a more efficient body, but if it does, it'd be more because of synergy with other discard sources.