General [STX] Strixhaven Spoilers

bodilyinvestigation.jpg

"Bodily Investigation"
Sorcery
Create a 0/0 Blue and Green Fractal creature token. Put X+1/+1 counters on it where X is the number of cards in your library.

This made me chuckle! It's going to be chumpable, but god it'll be really fucking big most of the time.

bodilyinvestigation.jpg

augmenterpugilist.jpg

echoingequation.jpg

teachbyexample.jpg

Any new cards today? ;)

Really liking the GU cards.
eurekamoment.jpg

I've always been somewhat intrigued by GU lands and GU cards-in-hand. These are cool fits for both decks and WotC is pushing both ideas a little in this set. Might GU get a solid identity???

It isn't really a Baneslayer because it can be chumped on offense and gains no life on defense, so it swings the tempo way, way less. It's not a removal check like Baneslayer is by any means.

Also it can surely be a removal check. It's usually going to be bigger than 20/20, and you can't always chump for long or at all, depending on the situation.

So... 3RR for 5 damage to 1 target, 6RR for 10 damage to 2 targets? 9RR, the dream, for 15 damage to 3 targets.

Yeah, that's... raw.

Most similar spell I can think of is Fight with Fire, which has a much better base case but less achievable kicker. I don't think that will be very good in 1 vs 1, but pretty sweet as a ramp payoff with a playable base case at low power?

decisiverejection.jpg

Decisive Rejection
{G}{U}
Instant
Choose one -
* Target creature you control fights target creature you don't control. (Each deals damage equal to its power to the other.)
* Counter target noncreature spell unless its controller pays 3.
"... I've heard enough."
So it looks like my Simic section is going to become a Quandrix section. They've printed a ton of great Simic Quandrix cards in this set that are of effectively the exact power level at which I wish to build.

So it looks like my Simic section is going to become a Quandrix section. They've printed a ton of great Simic Quandrix cards in this set that are of effectively the exact power level at which I wish to build.

And honestly that's like, a really elegant design? Fight spells are great green cards and counterspells are great blue cards, so I appreciate them just jamming the two of them together inte a green blue card.

edit: Since when did UG be GU? Has it always been this way? Doesn't seem to follow WUBRG :o

It does. Imagine that the color wheel goes WUBRGWUBRG, and find the shortest distance between the two colors.

W(UB)RGWUBRG vs. WUBR(GWU)BRG