General The Draft Exchange

You got exactly half the lands in the cube. How??

I like the draft notes. Going to try that.

P1P1 Sword of FoF. Swords are just good.
Choice between DTT and Bob. I think Bob is better on average.
Between Profane Command and E Witness, I lean towards Witness even if it's a second color.
Thragtusk vs. Ugin vs. Slaughter Pact. The presence of Bob pushes me towards Thrag, but I might be wrong there.
P Deed (over Kokusho)
Garruk Wildspeaker easy
Redcap vs. Blood Artist vs. Living Death. Living Death is just fun, going with that.
Blood-Chin Rager or go white for Gideon J. Feeling pretty good about my colors so Rager.
Death Rattle or Erratic Portal. I have Witness and Thrag, so Portal.
A few easy picks, Profane Command wheeled.
P2P1 Song of the Dryads vs. Overgrown Tomb vs. Titania. No fixing yet, so Tomb.
Pack Rat (over Wild Mongrel)
Polluted Delta, not much competition
Flesh Carver, Evo Leap, Lili otV, or Desecration Demon. Lili is the pick.
BoP over Rec Sage
Sylvan Advocate vs. Mimic Vat (ignoring Deathmist, Safekeeper, and Vorapede). Vat just because it fits my curve better.
Acidic Slime over Boon Satyr because of Vat and Erratic Portal
Finks over Fauna Shaman
A few easy/irrelevant picks
Desecration Demon and Evo Leap wheeled, Demon seems better for me
Few more easy picks
P3P1 Meren (over Arena)
Bitterblossom over Braids and Courser
A few easy picks, Bayou, Hangarback, Maelstrom Pulse, Wargear
Choice between Mikaeus, Bloodline Keeper, Bloodsoaked Champ, and Inquisition. I take Bloodline Keeper, but it's a close call.
Gravecrawler over Guul Draz, despite no zombies yet.
Arena wheeled
A few easy picks, last pick Bloodsoaked Champ

I decide Erratic Portal is too cutesy, but could be a SB plan. Curve is heavy on 3 drops. I think I have a drafting bias towards 3 drops for whatever reason, because I see that a lot.

Drafted psly's cube, ended up with this:

Sultai Ramp from CubeTutor.com

Went with P1P1 Karn because I don't really play with busted cards like him in my environment and wanted to try it out. Got some fast mana artifacts and an Armageddon and really wanted to name the deck Karnmaggedon, but sadly there wasn't much good white that came in later packs. Just ended up going with a ramp deck splashing black for some removal, basic gameplan is ramp into fatty, Karn or a midrangey walker. There was so much fast artifact mana, feels kind of like commander with the potential for busted starts in the first 2-3 turns to just pull stupid far ahead.

Hi everyone,
this is my first post on this forum. Let me introduce my situation a bit first. Lately, I've taken a (rather large) interest in cube building and I've been looking for information about it on various websites and forums. I've recently built my first cube, 450 and I would say middle of the way in terms of power, and would appreciate your opinions of it. Hence my response to this forum thread and I would really appreciate some input, as I have not yet drafted it IRL that often.

Alright, on topic now.I have drafted Bonzo's cube (as he was last to post in this thread). Did a regular draft of 3x 15 cards with 7 bots.

Here is the deck:
First pick was Mulldrifter, the pack really did not have a single stand out card for me or build around card, so I went with a reliable blue staple. Next pick was Azorius Arrester, leading this into a UW control deck pretty quickly. Lucky for me, it turned out that blue was wide open, and with white I had some lucky early picks. I like seeing less common cards in this cube, but for me the power level felt a bit uneven. An example was a pick of Snapcaster Mage vs. basically nothing in my first pick of the second pack (when it went around I picked Bow of Nilea over other blue/white cards). However, I'm really happy with how the deck turned out. The curve is nice with some good finishers and it's really versatile, with possible modifications for game 2/3 if I need more creatures, buff with Spear of Heliod, removal with Disk/Arrogance or draw.

Please draft my cube (MDT Cube), input on the power level and 'spicyness' of the cards would be nice. I try to incorporate a lot of flavorful cards since my cube is not that high power, so if you have suggestions in that area please let me know!

(to the next poster, choose a cube from someone else who has posted in this thread)

I don't remember what exactly I chose for p1p1, but the pack was pretty weak. Then p1p2 a random Sun Titan appears. My first impression of your cube there is a huge gap in power between some of the cards. In particular, I felt like there were a reasonable number of opportunities to pick up cards like Titans and planeswalkers, but a lot of the aggro cards looked like they fitted into lower powered cubes. Here's what I ended up:

ColonelSanders's draft of MDT cube on 30/03/2016 from CubeTutor.com

I'm not sure if I even need all the lands, but I figured I'd toss them in.

A couple more drafts where I tried to force aggro... for science.
This ended up being kind of a midrangey token deck. I have quite a few cards in the sideboard depending on whether I want the deck to be faster/slower, but without playing a game or two, I'm not sure where I want to go with it.

I got a little side tracked on this one and ended up in an aggressive midrange deck

So in summary, I feel like its very possible to draft aggressive decks, but maybe not in the traditional aggro sense. I see a lot of early picks where there's just something way more bomby and midrange-centric pulling me in another direction. Also, I feel like the removal and fixing (lots of come into play tapped lands) slots more easily into slow decks.

First of all, thanks for drafting and trying to get a feel for the cube. There are some cards, like Sun Titan, Swords to Plowshares, Sol Ring and some more, that are pushing the power level as you mentioned. I dont know if this is appropriate, but I have some questions if you would to answer them? First off, does the cube feel like a fun draft and play experience? Swcond, I've made a list with replacement cards to up the avg power level a bit, but I was interested in the draft experience. A lot of attention goes to balancing early game and removal at the moment. To the gap cards you mention, were these cards like aTitan close to 'bombs' to you, in the sense that you think you have no tools to take care of them?

I generally feel like aggro, midrange and control can be played quite easily all together. Certain archetypes are more obvious than others maybe. I've made drafts to show I can force mono color decks fairly well too. So most effort is now put into min maxing my cards to achieve a fairly even power level and your information has been very helpful. Thank you again for that and I hope you had fun!

First of all, thanks for drafting and trying to get a feel for the cube. There are some cards, like Sun Titan, Swords to Plowshares, Sol Ring and some more, that are pushing the power level as you mentioned. I dont know if this is appropriate, but I have some questions if you would to answer them? First off, does the cube feel like a fun draft and play experience? Swcond, I've made a list with replacement cards to up the avg power level a bit, but I was interested in the draft experience. A lot of attention goes to balancing early game and removal at the moment. To the gap cards you mention, were these cards like aTitan close to 'bombs' to you, in the sense that you think you have no tools to take care of them?

I generally feel like aggro, midrange and control can be played quite easily all together. Certain archetypes are more obvious than others maybe. I've made drafts to show I can force mono color decks fairly well too. So most effort is now put into min maxing my cards to achieve a fairly even power level and your information has been very helpful. Thank you again for that and I hope you had fun!

When I say bombs, I meant that they are far and away the strongest card in the pack and I have little incentive to pick something else. As for removing them, there are tools to get them out of the way, but I feel like they're strong enough that if you don't answer them immediately, they will quickly take over a game (planeswalkers can do the same). As for fun, I actually really liked some of the aggro-ish decks I ended up with. Casting hasty-midrange sized creatures in red/green is my favorite pasttime. However, my worry is that I would sit down for my first match and get crushed because I can't finish up the game before my opponent plays some of the 5-7 drops I see floating around the cube. Its impossible for me to give an accurate judgement without playing real games, but my gut says that if the aggro end of your cube remains the same, then the top end might need to be weakened a little bit.

Alright, thats info I can work with. This is along the lines of what I was expecting. As to the mana fixing, Im looking to complete my set of pain lands and get a couple of the check lands. Preferably Shocks or Fetches, but that's an expensive hobby as a University student. The KTK gain lands are placeholders at this moment for upcoming good stuff, although it's high on the agenda. Btw I saw you drafted a sweet RB aggro/mid deck too, my favorite type of deck too. Thanks.

Welcome aboard MDT12! I also drafted your cube per the Colonel deferring. Sweet drafting time! Had some killer late pulls that helped my vision come together. Here's my draft report of how I ended up where I did through the process:
P1P1: Mizzium Mortars. This was a hard pack to pick from . Power level is a little wide (I'll get to that later) and the premium removal seemed a sure bet.
P1P2: Galvanoth. maybe something fun happens with this??
P1P3: Fall of the Titans. Sweet card, good in a lower curve, and fine at full price honestly.
P1P4: Gurmag Angler. This card is insane payoff if I can be dumping burn spells and stuff in the yard. RB here I come!
P1P5: Eldrazi Obligator. I have a sneaking suspicion that {c} might be a little undersupported right now, but a 3/1 haste for 3 ain't bad.
P1P6: Zealous Conscripts. Big bomb here. if I see a KikiJiki i can just go off, but just a great wincon otherwise. This is high power.
P1P7: Satyr Firedancer. Waffled on this pick a lot, but 2-for-1's are good, right?
P1P8: Vivid Crag. get some fixing up in here.
P1P9: Zurgo Bellstriker wheeled for me! awesome. This was right in first pack, but I didn't know if aggro was super well supported yet.
P1P10: Foundry Street. More aggro love.
P1P11: Captains claws. Can be decent, potentially board in to punish some durdle
P1P12: become immense. Crazy good, but a third color...
P1P13: Avatar of the resolute. Just hatin' now
P1P14: Tranquil cove.
P1P15: rugged highlands! Now my little mind is whispering to me "jund? jund???". I love jund.

P2P1: Flamewreathed pheonix. Seems like a decent enough bomb
P2P2: Goblin Heelcutter. Crazy value on this dude.
P2P3: Chandra Flamecaller. Slam city, right here. Didn't even end up with her in the deck, but against a slower deck, hell yeah I'll get on your level.
P2P4: Crater's Claws. Nice removal and reach. Solid aggressive beaty deck is forming
P2P5: Brutal Hordechief. The name says it all. Now solidly in B, and need to locate some fixin's
P2P6: Temple of malice. Mission accomplished
P2P7: Firedrinker Satyr for getting my curve good
P2P8: Hellspark Elemental. Nice early, nice late. Nice.
P2P9: Hall of Triumph, picking red this is pretty sweet.
P2P10: Shaman of the Great hunt! Another incredible wheel, having been left behind for little Heelcutter.
P2P11: Crumbling Necropolis can be a Rakdos Guildgate if needed.
P2P12: Lightning Berserker. Another good creature for early and late.
P2P13: Tower Geist...
P2P14: Ghor-clan rampager.... "jund? jund????" The whispers grow louder.
P2P15: mirko vosk.

P3P1: Sarkhan Dragonspeaker is pretty insane
P3P2: Mardu Scout helping fill out that curve and get my beats up
P3P3: Burst lightning. A welcome addition to my removal/reach package.
P3P4: Wild Slash. see above.
P3P5: Nomad outpost = guildgate
P3P6: Cinder Glade. Take a long time deliberating here, but the inner Jund voices win. I also saw a Rocky tar pit earlier, soooo...
P3P7: Plated Geopede. Decent 2-drop beats
P3P8: I am blessed tonight. The savage lands landed in my lap. "Jund!"
P3P9: Lodestone Golem. cuz... cuz.
P3P10: Unknown Shores. Fixes all my colors, including that {c}
P3P11: ROCKY TAR PIT! It wheeled. I almost died. my dreams were all coming true. Double splash red here we come.
P3P12: Needle Spires cuz why not.
P3P13: Felhide Spiritbinder is in color, probably wouldn't play tho.
P3P14: Ire Shaman. Sweet card advantage and beater = happy me.
P3P15: deadbridge chant. Don't think this should be taking a Golgari slot tbh. But neato card, I guess.
I'm with the Colonel on the wide power band. The most obvious one being Spells <-> Lands. Most of your fixing is... mediocre, and enters tapped. This is going to make my life harder at least during one game while I'm playing with this low-curve deck I made. Also an interesting mix of Reject-rare and bomby-mythic sort of feel. Galvanoth is cool and all, but Sarkhan is exponentially better, and in the same cost slot. Felhide Spiritbinder felt in the same place. I know being a University student isn't the easy life. Been there done that. If you are really waffling on getting upgrades for your mana, get Magic Set Editor and use some of that printing credit on some prxoies. It'd only have to be temporary, and there's only a couple cycles you'd really need to get there. Right now I'm saving ~700 USD in cards with proxies. If that's not a possibility then I'd have to say the power level needs to come down a little to let the land base work more equitably.
And if I were you I'd cut the Sol Ring for goodness sake :p . That card should be in the Power 9 (10?), and is miles better than basically the rest of the list. That just becomes Sol Ring Lottery at that point....

BTW, you should totally make a Cube Blog thread for your cube! It's the perfect place to bring up concerns, report on drafts and/or changes, and discuss potential issues (like power band, etc).

Anyway, here's the deck I made! Rgb aggro style deck, splashing for some reach, some bombs, and some pump.

Cube is in sig! Removal density ok? Fixing Density?? Thing's I am questing to find out about my environment.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I drafted Sigh's cube!

p1p1 Flametongue Kavu. A classic, powerful card, one of the few ways in which red can get actual card advatage, as thi usually will trade for two cards.
There's two other removal spells in the pack (Lightning Axe and Planar Outburst), and a single Brushland, but none of those come close in power level.
Thought-Knot Seer, Prognostic Sphinx and Sphinx of Uthuun are the other viable options I feel. I don't like committing to colorless in the first pick, and FtK deals with TKS in a very sweet way, and the blue cards excite me a little less. I make a mental note that my neighbours to the left might end up in blue.
p1p2 There's a Bitterblossom and a Life from the Loam. Riftwing Cloudskate is the only blue option. In red I've got a wealth of options though: Stormblood Berserker, Figure of Destiny, Hordeling Outburst and Holy Cow. Oh, there's a Day of Judgment as well. I like Boros Aggro, and all of these fit that archetype very well. One-drops are important, so I go with Figure, hoping the hard to cast Reckoner will wheel.
p1p3 There's a Weapon's Trainer which I assume will wheel, unless someone else ends up in RW. Mogg War Marshal, Prophetic Flamespeaker and Flamewake Phoenix are all strong. Flamespeaker provides card advantage and goes well with equipment and Weapon's Trainer. Prioritize equips!
p1p4 There's a Kolagan's Command, maybe I should have picked the Bitterblossom? There's also Spear of Heliod (sweet), Avacyn, Guardian Angel (heavy white), Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker (does nothing in an aggro deck) and Monastery Mentor. Mentor's the pick!
p1p5 Ignore the Snapcaster Mage, Mulldrifter and Scuttling Doom Engine, pick golden boy Kytheon, Hero of Akros. Another good one-drop, nice!
p1p6 Needle Spires and Battlefield Forge show up in the same pack :( Goblin Dark-Dwellers is also there, but it's gotta be fixing here, right? I love manlands, but if this is an aggressive deck, I want to come out of the gates blazing. I pick the untapped fixer.
p1p7 Oh man... Sigil of Distinction or War-Name Aspirant? I pick the artifact, I already have a double striker which would really love this, and it makes a token with Mentor.
p1p8 I get immediately rewarded with Gore-House Chainwalker (ignoring Reckless Bushwhacker).
p1p9 My booster wheels with Lightning Axe, Sphinx of Uthuun and Planar Outburst still in it. There's also an Abbot of Keral Keep, however, which fits my deck much better!
p1p10 Boros Reckoner wheeled! As did Stormblood Berserker, but come on, cow!
p1p11 Weapon's Trainer and Flamewake Phoenix wheeled! Two drops are important!
p1p12 Happy to pick up the Spear of Heliod.
p1p13 Phyrexian Revoker over Canopy Vista
p1p14 Darkblast won't bother me!
p1p15 Sweet! War-Name Aspirant is a gift!

p2p1 Young Pyromancer and Rackdos Cackler stand out. This doesn't look like a Pyromancer deck so far, and I need the one drops for Aspirant. Plus, one-drops. Strongest card in the pack is probaby Vorapede, though Dig Through Time and Cyclonic Rift are also beatings. Way too slow for my deck though! ;)
p2p2 is interesting. Champion of the Parish, Relic Seeker, Chandra Pyromaster, Pyreheart Wolf, Goblin Wardriver and Avaricious Dragon are all interesting for my deck. I already have seven humans... Hmm... I pick up the Champion, planeswalkers are for slow decks!
p2p3 Uh oh, Crater Hellion and Martial Coup are good sweepers! That's four I saw! I pick up Magma Jet though. Mental note: Griselbrand indicates reanimator is a possibility?
p2p4 I almost take the Soldier of the Pantheon, then spot the Trusty Machete. Equipment, get over here!
p2p5 Sacred Foundry in a pack that doesn't offer much else for me (not that Dark Confidant, Kolagan, the Storm's Fury and Daretti, Scrap Savant aren't good cards though...)
p2p6 Only one pick, Thalia, Guardian of Thraben. Skinrender[c/],

(Full disclosure, I went in blind)

Draft 1, I first picked glare of subdual. GW was definitely the open colors for my seat, but I'm not sure about the deck I built. I had some cards for constellation, but not enough that I felt comfortable putting sigil of the empty throne in my deck. It also felt like tokens and +1/+1 counters were a thing. I ended up somewhere in between the two with a stompy green white deck with a few disruptive cards.

(forgot to include lands in the export, but I did have fixing)
Draft 2, picked battlesphere into necromancy and tried to live the dream. Unfortunately, I don't think I *quite* got there on the dream. Fortunately, battlesphere and necromancy are both great anyhow. The deck felt decidedly like mediocre midrange though. This is probably my fault for wanting to get there too much off reanimator. I just didn't see a lot of other reanimating/target options (one more fatty + a zombify would have been perfect, but I kept taking ramp/removal instead)

Going into draft 3, my mindset was "you should try to draft a real deck that isn't just a pile of G/x." First picked Bolas in big Chandra and realized that I have the attention span of a goldfish. Speaking of fish, the bolas plan didn't work out so I ended up jeskai. I could have easily been aggressive/tempo jeskai, but I wanted to see if I could turn it into a more controlling version to support chandra (who is one of my favorite red cards to play with currently). I'm not sure if this deck can handle a good aggro deck, but I was pretty happy with it (besides wishing I had a few more cheap removal spells and less 4 drops)

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Nice! Thanks for the multitude of drafts!

Re: Deck 1. I'ld say you have enough enchantments to make Sigil work in the sideboard of the first deck. Deck would be pretty good as well! The deck you built looks solid too though, probably a matter of playstyle preference :)
Re: Deck 2. You got "trapped" in Abzan, which is less ideal for the reanimator plan than Sultai, though Karador is a thing I guess! Question though, why didn't you run Birthing Pod? Seems like you have a pretty sweet chain up to six! PS. Deck doesn't show in the spoiler.
Re: Deck 3. That deck looks like it can handle aggro decks just fiiiiiine! You have three great two-mana blockers, multiple sweepers, a lot of burn spells, and giant walls in the late game! Sweet deck!

I can't follow the cube tutor link on mobile, but I remember thinking that I had didnt enough good options at high cmc to warrant trying to pod into them. Especially since my curve was heavily 3 drop oriented so it was possible to get stuck at a cmc and be unable to pod up.

Drafting Onder's cube:

P1P1 Tasigur's Command. No great monocolor cards in the pack and it looks fun.
Wooded Sinkhole. Happy to see fixing early.
Greenwarden over Vineclad Dryad. Not sure how good the enchantment theme is.
Creakwood, I'm committed here.
Lotleth over Rancor, this is sort of drafting itself.
Moss Gardens. No other on-color options, but I'm very happy to have an untapped scry forest.
Cogwork. I don't love faking Cogwork on CT but there are no real picks here.
Gravecrawler over Murderous Cut, may have been a mistake but I have some zombie action
Some easy picks: Putrid Leech, Evo Leap, Contagion Clasp, Sunblast Angel, Beastform, Hellrider, Thoctar
P2P1 Gravetiller, seems really good.
Garruk Wildspeaker, easy
Skinrender over Curse of Shallow Graves and Hyppy. I like the guaranteed value more. Mazirek is there but I only have 2 triggers for it.
Bearer of Silence. I don't like the colorless costs, but I already have a couple sources so I'm happy.
A few easy picks: Catacomb Sifter, Wooded Sinkhole
Dire Wolf over Varolz. Not sure if this is right, but Wolf is better by itself and I have a couple enchantments.
Bloodsoaked over Life//Death, I need the 1 drop and I think it's a better card.
Call of the Herd over Kozilek's Shrieker and Epic Confrontation. More unconditional value.
Some easy picks: Boon Satyr, Ghostbind (still not enough Mazirek support), Fading Wilds, Jinxed Idol, Parish, Wild Growth.
P3P1 Bloodsoaked over Undergrowth Champion and Stupefy. I don't think I would ever maindeck Stupefy, especially in a cube with this much land.
Fading Wilds over Stonespiker, probably don't want 2 Wilds maindeck but it will be great in some matches.
I see Soullit Trail, Warden of the First Tree, and Baloth Nulls. Time to use the Cogwork to get the land and Warden.
Hero's Downfall, easy pick
Dreg Mangler over Floorboards, easy pick with no madness outlet
Pack Guardian over Wild Growth, might have been a mistake.
Ophiomancer vs. Drana Liberator. I have enough aggro that I think Drana is better.
Easy/irrelevant Picks: Epochrasite, Seed Guardian, Genesis, Warden (picked it to not have to sub Cogwork), Woodland Bellower, Floorboards, Wild Growth, Cloudfin.
Here is the deck.

Drafted Psly's: http://www.cubetutor.com/cubedeck/508630
Saw some good blue stuff early, then got BOLASSSSSSS around pick 4 and went all-in on a greedy, filthy, delicious Grixis control deck. Managed to pick up good fixing and a bunch of Conspiracies.
I've been impressed at the level of fixing in this cube both times I've drafted it. You've found a number that's just right for well-oiled 3-color decks without feeling like you can ignore lands early and still get your fixing.
I also like the Conspiracies, because I feel if you're running a high power cube, they add the spice of running actual power without the huge variance. I always tell my own drafters: "never pass a conspiracy!" It's certainly not everyone's cup of tea, but damn they're good.

Desperately avoiding writing a report....

One big thing after drafting a couple times. On the cube tutor blog it says that lands are drafted separately. How much fixing do people get? Its a little disconcerting to draft a cube and see zero lands. I just assumed that fixing mostly supported 2 color decks.

EDIT: Scrolled down the blog a little bit and saw some of the lands that are in the sideboard. Looks like I could have been more aggressive in splashing cards.

Draft 1
I was feeling lazy, so I didn't finish making cuts. My first picked was the grafted wargear into whirler rogue. I ended up with a weird red blue tokens/tempo/voltron thing. It looks sweet to me. But since this is draft 1, I don't have a feel for how good it is.

ColonelSanders's draft of Smithy's Cube on 02/04/2016 from CubeTutor.com

Draft 2
First picked a bloodbraid elf and wanted to see if I could draft my favorite archtype: rg stompy. I think I got there. Its possible hellrider should be main deck even without a going wide plan, but I like the finishing potential of hellkite

Draft 3
There was a ton of reanimation in the first pack. I took a lot of it, but the rest didn't wheel, and then I didn't see anymore. Still, I think have have enough enablers to make it work.

A little late to the party, but this thread is an amazing idea!

I drafted blacksmithy's cube - it was fun, but different enough from cubes I have drafted that I didn't have a good read on it until late pack 2. P1P1 was Courser of Kruphix followed by Joraga Treespeaker, so I decided to go into some ramp. Shifted gears slightly after getting Rancor and then Goblin Assault and Rabblemaster. Was hoping to wheel Grafted Wargear, but that fell apart. My deck is mostly R/G good-stuff. Ended up with 3 walkers and an ok curve. I think there is some nice synergy around repeatable token making, Goblin Bombardment, and Rancor.

I was most surprised by the different feel of fixing; there was a ton of fixing in green, but I did not see any lands. Also, though the power level of most spells seems similar to my own cube, the removal suite was notably less strong. The only removal spell I saw that I consider great is Magma Jet. I'm very curious how this plays out in full drafts, mainly because I occasionally worry my removal is stronger than the cards in my cube demand. All in all, I enjoyed the draft, felt like I had direction via synergy (despite no experience with the cube). I am very curious how games would play out -- it seems like a mid-speed cube, so I wonder how often board stalls occur. Thanks for the draft blackmithy!

Here's my cube: Tyrole's Cube

Laz

Developer
Tyrole's Cube. Going in blind!
P1P1: Lots of powerful options, Geist of St. Traft, Wasteland, Loam, Fiery Confluence. Lots of White in this pack, and the only red I see is Big-Red. Scavenging Ooze seems safe.
P1P2:Ok... now I am confused. First pack was pretty standard cube fair, this one has Crypt Rats, Vedalken Mastermind, Planar Cleansing and Brute Force amongst others. I am going to follow my first pick, and take the only Green card in the pack, which is a sweet one, GSZ.
P1P3: Rathi Trapper? Are rebels a thing, or is this just an effect you were looking for in Black? A fair amount of Graveyard interaction here (Call of the Herd, Unburial Rites, Stinkweed Imp). Faith's reward is a combo piece? Easy Lightning Bolt for me, maybe wheeling Call of the Herd, or possibly Soul of Shandalar. I have seen some solid Big-Red cards, so GR seems like it could be good if I can get some ramp.
P1P4: Heh, Scuttlemutt. I of all people know that guy can do some work, but I am not sure this is really where it can stretch its muscles. Good White cards here, in Silverblade and Resto Angel. Ghor-Clan Rampager is here for Gruul, but I am going to hedge and take Restoration Angel.
P1P5: A few cool cards here. This doesn't feel like a Young Pyromancer deck, or a Dark Ritual one. Ember Swallower supports Big-Red, but I might take a safe Krosan Tusker, easy fixing, and heaven forbid, I might cast it.
P1P6: Pack full of red cards! Knight of the Reliquary if I want to pursue GW, but I have passed a lot of fetches already. I haven't seen any interesting lands aside from that Wasteland either. Maybe there is a ULD? Eh, I will take Mizzium Mortars and be happy, maybe wheeling one of the other red cards.
P1P7: Clan Defiance, Kiora or a land really are the choices here. I still haven't seen any ramp, so no idea how safe my envisioned deck is. Kiora offers a lot of power, so speculative pick here.
P1P8: Last new pack. Not much here for me, Underworld Connections or Emeria Angel are the strongest cards, but they aren't compelling. Happy to take Scalding Tarn, off colour, but there is time to fix that.
P1P9: Wasteland wheeled, interesting. I might take the Conquering Manticore, passing Fiery Confluence. The card is good, but it doesn't look like I am in that kind of deck.
P1P10: Ah, odd pack. I don't really want anything here. Dragon Whisperer is probably fine, but I might just grab Enduring Renewal. I don't know what it does in this list, but it is probably worrying.
P1P11: Soul of Shandalar came back. Sweet. Now I really need that ramp...
P1P12: Happy to grab wheeling fetchlands over off-colour gold cards. Mutavault is here, which is strong, but I might be splashing yet, so Bloodstained Mire is fine.
P1P13: Ember Swallower over uncastables.
P1P14: Goblin Heelcutter is fine. Got to get my fatties through somehow.
P1P15: Ok... Clan Defiance, get in there.

Pack 1 impressions. I have a lot of high end, and not a lot of early game. A few red shocks or duals could enable a reasonable splash, as I have two red fetches. Looking solidly red/green, but could be open to blue for Kiora.

P2P1: Oh, one of those first pack powerful packs again. Liliana of the Veil, Counterspell, Demonic Tutor. Shame, those aren't in my colours. Chandra Flamecaller is an awesome card for this sort of deck, though my top end red cards aren't lacking. Really between her and Yasnova Dragonclaw. Chandra has to have the raw power though. Ok, early game for later...
P2P2: Mesmeric Orb? Have I missed something? Maybe it is for self-mill to support all the graveyard stuff I saw earlier? Dryad Arbor goes with GSZ to help ramp I guess? Mystical Tutor has a high ceiling, and Woodfall Primus is pretty solid top end. I might just grab Deadly Recluse to help my early game though. Doom Blade is pick 2 material, why not the Green Doom Blade?
P2P3: Again, pack power level discrepancies. V. Clique? Cryptic Command? Goblin Guide? Next to no green here, but a few red options. Goblin Guide is probably the strongest, but Devil's Play fits my kind of deck a bit more. Pyromancer's Goggles are giggle worthy, but I already have way too much top end. I am tempted to grab Guide and see if I can tend more aggressive, but I think it might be too late. Devil's Play it is.
P2P4: Lingering Souls, Humility?! Here is the fixing I was looking for, Volcanic Island and Stomping Ground. I can choose to play it safe and just grab the RG land, or instantly gain 3 blue sources by picking up Volcanic. Passing on not much really. Eidolon of Blossoms (I don't think I have seen many enchantments), Rampaging Baloths (I think I have that covered) and Man-o'-War (which I can't cast unless I take this Volcanic anyway). Blue, open yourself to me!
P2P5: Ah, Cogwork Librarian. My impression of you is diminished in Cube Tutor drafts, but it would likely be my pick in paper. Strip Mine and Show and Tell are here, along with Hydra Broodmaster as another huge fatty. I am happy to gram Deathrite Shaman as the closest to a mana dork I have seen.
P2P6: More giant green creatures! Nessian Asp and Giant Adephage. Crater Elemental is a cool card that I might be able to use to shore up the early game, Pod is pod, but I haven't been drafting for it, and my creature curve is pretty horrible (plus I was taking all of that burn...). Again regretting not being in Blue. Venser seems hands down the best card here (aside from Qasali Pridemange, but that is contextual). Arid Mesa gives me Blue source number 4, though I really need to get that Stomping Ground back...
P2P7: Speak of the devil! Stomping Ground! I assume there are two, though I haven't been tracking all of the shocks I have seen. Easy pick over another Pod and Wildfire (which would be ok, but I need that land!)
P2P8: Firebolt, Acidic Slime, Verdant Catacombs or Guttersnipe. RG is not well know for its spell density, but I do have a lot of burn... Slime is probably fine. I don't think I have ever been too disappointed about having it in a deck, but my curve is super high. Fine... Firebolt it is.
P2P9: Unsurprisingly, all of the really powerful cards are gone. Also Yasnova Dragonclaw is. Sad. Lots of white weenies remain, and there are no Blue cards to utilise that splash I have been cultivating. I guess I have to content myself with Ogre Battledriver as a fires effect.
P2P10: Prophetic Flamespeaker, I must have missed that first time around, but still happy with the recluse. Happy to pick it up now, even with only Ogre Battledriver as my only realy synergy. Got to hit those land drops right?
P2P11: Eel Umbra! Synergies! Not really... Ash Zealot is fine I guess, my cards do look intensely red.
P2P12: Lingering Souls is still here (as is Humility, which I am happy about). Got to do something about that.
P2P13: Nothing to see here. Bots don't like Cogwork Librarian either.
P2P14: Huh. Qasali pridemage. I can't cast it, but I can cast Nessian Asp!
P2P15: Last pick Wildfire. With all of these 5 Toughness creatures? Don't mind if I do.

Ok, two whole packs with Deathrite as the most ramp I have seen. Nervous indeed, given I was kind of banking on that.

P3P1: Birds of Paradise! Thankyou! Gargadon would be fine, and there is some power in Couldgoat Ranger. In other circumstances I might speculate on Aether Searcher this early, but I need that ramp!
P3P2: Lots of black here (Confidant, Ophiomancer, Edict), but another mana dork... kinda in Kiora's Follower. Might be all kinds of fun to try to make my mana work, but I will take what I can.
P3P3: Lots of ways to make my mana work here in Frontier Bivouac and Breeding Pool. Passing up on... Vindicate and Detention sphere? No mono-red cards, and Experiment One as the only green one. I might take the tri-land here, since I have so many double Red cards, but that could be wrong.
P3P4: Bloodbraid Elf? I mean, there are other cards in the pack, but they aren't Bloodbraid (or mana ramp, I checked). Get in here you beautiful card.
P3P5: Ugh. No red, one green card, and no interesting Blue ones. I guess Overwhelming Stampede it is. White tokens looks good though...
P3P6: So much quality White here! Reveillard, Flickerwisp.. ok, less than I thought. Could this be a Goblin Dark Dwellers deck? It is that or Taiga, which is a super safe pick. Bolt (of the lightning or fire variety), Mizzium Mortars, lots of X spells... Ok, Taiga it is!
P3P7: Ok... Misty Rainforest versus black cards (actually versus Breeding Pool).
P3P8: Last new pack... payoff? Ok.. 4 fetchlands. So, Dualcaster Mage versus Deep Analysis, looks like I am not getting any more ramp. I probably need the draw.
P3P9: Hmm... Steam Vents is here, but I think I am good for the 2 blue cards I am planning to play. Wreching Ogre just ends games. I do like ending games. Faithless Looting actually gives me something to do early game. Goblin Sharpshooter is a fine card against all those token makers I have been seeing. I don't think I will have issues that need a Wrecking ball, my creatures are pretty huge. Sharpshooter is probably fine.
P3P10: Fine... if you insist, I will take a fetch, though neither Windswept Heath or Flooded Strand actually get all three colours. Early green is probably more important, Heath it is.
P3P11: Eh, I suppose Fulminator is fine for the board.
P3P12: Tarn? Why not? My mana is going to be awesome, way better than the rest of the deck. Actually, does Illusionist's Bracer's go infinite with Kiora's Follower? Oh 'another', ok.. Tarn it is.
P3P13: Battle Screech is still here? And I took the Lingering Souls? Maybe that Sharpshooter was unneeded. Well, now I can make all of the 1/1 fliers!
P3P14: Ok... Reveillark?
P3P15: So, last pick Death Pits of Rath. I suppose that is a reason to actually read the card. Oh, all damage is now deathtouch, for 5 mana. Seems 15th pick worthy.

So, I ended up with the following RGu thing... It is pretty scattered, but can probably win some games.

Looking at that again, there is probably some build mistakes. I think Overwhelming Stampede should likely have been Ember Swallower.

My impression was that I was super starved for ramp for a deck like this, and looking at the list, I see this is true. There are 2 mana elves at 420, and no ramp spells. Going blind was perhaps a bad idea, but all of the cards indicated that going big and rampy was possible, I mean, I saw basically infinite huge green creatures.

If someone wants to follow this, pick any of my cubes from my signature. The draw-a-card cube is probably the most interesting. I think my main cube is pretty well composed if you are looking for something more traditional. The scuttle-cube needs an uplift, but if you want to see what I did in that design space, go for it!

I drafted your draw a card cube a couple times as per the bot settings in your link

So I'm not totally sure what's going on, but I like it. Color roles are definitely a little different from what I'm used to. Same for pick priorities. Fixing is everywhere, most removal is conditional, and I feel like big win conditions are pretty scarce, outside of the high cmc onslaught land cyclers.

Laz - thank you! I will probably read your post 10 times before it's over. Always great to see what's going on in a drafter's head. Interestingly enough, I have recently been concerned that I cut too much ramp out given the number of big targets. I will have to tweak, possibly on both ends. You called out a lot of my build-around techie cards that seem really weird unless you know the cube well and several cards that are on my watch/experiment list, so great job! Also, the drafting bots are probably horribly skewed. I'm pretty much the only one they have to learn from, and I generally try pretty extreme draft decks when I'm testing.

Laz

Developer
Laz - thank you! I will probably read your post 10 times before it's over. Always great to see what's going on in a drafter's head. Interestingly enough, I have recently been concerned that I cut too much ramp out given the number of big targets. I will have to tweak, possibly on both ends. You called out a lot of my build-around techie cards that seem really weird unless you know the cube well and several cards that are on my watch/experiment list, so great job! Also, the drafting bots are probably horribly skewed. I'm pretty much the only one they have to learn from, and I generally try pretty extreme draft decks when I'm testing.

Glad you liked it. For you, I did it again:

Tyrole cube take two. Not so blind this time, I feel I have a bit of a better understanding of the format. White seemed strong as a go-wide colour, blue was strong, but required heavy colour commitment, green was probably ok for mid-range but the lack of ramp makes a lot of the cards kind of clunky. Lets see how we go!

P1P1: Strong pack. Restoration Angel, 5-mana Elspeth, Reveillark out of white, Sower of Temptation and Meloku alongside some mid-tier cards out of blue, Bloodsoaked Champion and Yawgmoth's Will (maybe good, I don't recall seeing much bonkers combo stuff last draft, but still an ok value card in the late game) from black. No Red in this pack, and only Terra Stomper from Green, which is not how I want to start my draft. In my own cube, I would think about Bloodsoaked Champion here, because I love that archetype, but here I am going to hedge to the strength of White I saw last time and grab Restoration Angel. Sower is also potent, but I am worried the 2-toughness is a little too fragile. There are some lands to wheel too if nothing potent comes back.
P1P2: Still an esper dominated pack, but with Bloodbraid Elf as the clear strongest card. Increasing Devotion is here from White, and I remember seeing a bit of token support last time, but I am not sure it is where I want to be this early. Remand probably plays the best with the Restoration Angel, and I don't want to commit to RG with the Bloodbraid, which is ont of the few cards stronger than it here. Hundred-Handed One is here, but I am not sure it is better than Increasing Devotion if I am sticking with White. Remand it is, hoping to wheel one of the White cards, or one of the two fetches here. Withdraw would also be fine.
P1P3: Instantly rewarded with Jace Architect of Thought. Thhe first sign of heavy green here, but nothing compelling, not even Deadly Recluse, which I took pick 2 last draft can sway me from Jace. Kolaghan's Command is powerful, as is Devil's Play. I don't have much experience with Consuming Aberration, though I imagine it could be ok in the right deck. Other Blue cards are unexciting this early, Cloudfin Raptor, Fog Bank and Thassa's Emissary. Some could be fine to wheel depending on where my draft goes, but easy Jace for me here.
P1P4: Pack full of strong white cards. Cloudgoat Ranger, Galepowder Mage, Divine Reckoning (which I actually like quite a lot in UW, which tends to have 1-2 fliers beating down). Giest of Saint Traft is here in UW, which probably has to be the pick, card is just head and shoulders above the rest of the pack, excepting perhaps Cloudgoat and Smokestack. Greedy play would be to take Cloudgoat, hope everyone passes on the gold card, and snap it up later, but that never works, Geist is powerful enough to talk people into splashing, so I am never seeing it unless I grab it now, so lets do that.
P1P5: Red emerges. Young Pyrpmancer, Wildfire, Zurgo Bellstriker. All amongst the best cards in their respective theatres. If top-tier burn had been here, I would probably have been tempted, but none are that compelling for moving into Red. Augur of Bolas is a safe pick, as is Icy Manipulator if I want to be really grindy, but I think I would prefer a land over them. Arid Mesa is here, and there was a Tundra in pack one, so I might get that back to make it awesome.
P1P6: Pretty average pack. A few options in blue and white, with Ghostly Flicker (sweet value) or Planar Cleansing for a slower deck. Underworld Connections is a solid card, City of Brass is awesome, but I am not sure I need that type of fixing yet, and am likely playing a longer game given my picks thus far and it would hurt. There is also Knight of Meadowgrain, which I could play if I wanted to tend heavily white and play more of a tempo/beatdown plan. It also blocks like an absolute champion against aggro. I will grab it, and hope my mana comes together enough to play it.
P1P7: Cogwork Librarian again shows up to remind me that this isn't paper, sorry my robot friend. Vindicate is probably the card with the most power here, but there is also Unexpectedly Absent, which isn't far behind and doesn't ask for Black. It does ask for double White, but I need that for the Knight of Meadowgrain. Looks like we have a plan. Passing Volcanic, which makes me sad. It would enable Blue off my Arid Mesa and might have been the better pick.
P1P8: Last new pack, and it is a solid one for me. Battle Screech and Topplegeist for my UW skies beatdown. Double sac outlet here in Carrion Feeder and Bloodthrone Vampire, Fauna Shaman who is often sweet, and a Watery Grave. Given I currently only just have 4 card types, and one of those is Jace, Delirium might be a little hard for me. I don't have much experience with it in cube though, so maybe Topplegeist should be the pick, but I will take Battle Screech.
P1P9: First pack. Wheeled Tundra. Awesome. Passing up on Precinct Captain, who I didn't mention first time because he wasn't that exciting, but now I would be open to it. Eh, needs double white anyway, like everything else, and Tundra helps with that. Sorry Precinct Captain, it is you or being able to cast cards like you.
P1P10: Well... Bloodbraid Elf is still here, but I don't think now is the time to jump ship, despite my love of it. Hundred-Handed One is still here, but I think my plan has changed a little. Happy to grab Frost Walker of all things, lets get our UW Weenie on.
P1P11: Devil's Play wheeled, along with not much other exciting stuff. Thassa's Emissary is here, but is probably too expensive and inefficient for what I am trying to do, despite how great it is on a flier. I might grab the Devil's Play, even though at the moment it looks like flashing it back is never going to happen. The draft is still young!
P1P12: Why hello Cloudgoat Ranger. Also Galepowder Mage? White is wide open. Both have some power, but Cloudgoat has more, and I already have a few solid 4-drops in Jace and Resto.
P1P13: My choice of big angels. Aurelia and Angelic Arbiter. I will live the Jeskai beatdown dream and take Aurelia, but likely play neither. Badlands is also here, but I will let that enable someone else's double splash rather than mine.
P1P14: Underworld Connections versus Death Pits of Rath, which I remember as the 15th pick of last draft. Sorry Death Pits of Rath, you are the last pick agai.
P1P15: Vedalken Orrery. There is still time to be transform my UW beatdown deck into UW Flash after all!

Ok, after pack one I feel pretty good. White seems wide open, my mana is ok and I kind of have a plan. I probably need to just stick to it, grab tempo pieces and efficient beaters and go from there.

P2P1: Eyes jump to Counterspell. Remember I am trying to play all of my WW cards on curve, become sad. Nothing jumps out at me as a super solid first pick here. Mystic Monastery is a fixing land that enables my Red speculation, but I don't really have anything I am excited to splash for yet. Syndic of Tithes is a good bear, but is not exciting first pick material. Land tax is here, which has some power, but is kind of slow and clunky. Even an aggressive reading of 'W: Draw 3 lands' is not hugely compelling. Fencing Ace is cool, btu I don't have anything for that yet. I guess the pick is Phyrexian Metamorph or Windswept Heath, and I think Metamorph is probably better.
P2P2: Now, here are some picks. D. Sphere in my colours, a bunch of tempo tools in Clutch of Currents and Silent Departure, Hallowed Fountain. There are some solid Black cards, Aluren, which scares me, but if someone combos out with it and kills me, that would be awesome to see, and if they play it fair, well I am planning on running a lot of < CMC 3 creatures, so jokes on them. There is also a Lightning Bolt. Red speculation you say?
P2P3: There are some cards. They are not exciting cards (ok, there is a Young Pyromancer and a Goblin Guide and a Firebolt. There are exciting Red cards). There is Scalding Tarn. Hello Red.
P2P4: More fixing opportunities in Steam Vents, but this time it is up against Seeker of the Way and Brainstorm, both would be nice, but I am going to err towards the Seeker. A worst-case bear is not too bad, and just a moment ago I was convincing myself I needed to get more efficient beaters. Spells matter can wait.
P2P5: Hi Birthing Pod. Bye Birthing Pod, UW weenies is not the deck for you (not even UWR weenies). Hypnotic Siren continues the weenie path, but Flying Men is not a lot of power. Frontier Bivouac is a UR land, but not a good one, and I still need WW. Glen Elendra Archmage is definitely the pick. Wrecking Ogre is also in the pack, so I might just die to a swing with 3RR up, but eh.
P2P6: Azorius Charm is custom made for decks like this, but asks for my attention over Treasure Cruise and Delver. I don't have a lot of enablers for either, so I am happy to grab the charm.
P2P7: Lingering Souls? Really? After I keep passing black lands? I should have grabbed that Badlands, even if I may be able to cast Aurelia! Soulfire Grandmaster, Stoke the Flames and Tarn are other options for me. Stoke is probably too optimisitic, and Soulfire seems fine. Tarn is probably overkill given I am mostly looking to splash Bolt, which doesn't require on curve play, though when I wheel the Goblin Guide I will be sad I don't have all the turn 1 red sources I could have.
P2P8: Literal Nothing. Not even for my red speculation. All Green and Black cards, so I guess I will grab the most terrifying one, Shriekmaw.
P2P9: Wheeled Windswept Heath, which makes me realise I don't have a RW land. Also wheeled Goblin Heelcutter, which I didn't realise I wanted until now. Eh, stay the course, grab the fixing which will be nice if I get that brainstorm back (unlikely).
P2P10: Hallowed Fountain, nice gift. D. Sphere came back too, but I think I am on the 'deploy threats' side of the threats vs. answers debate at the moment.
P2P11: No Goblin Guide. I don't have to be sad. Triton Tactics is an interesting one, but I will grab Bloodstained Mire. Fixing is good.
P2P12: No Brainstorm either. Ah well. Maybe I wheel that Lingering souls. Better grab this Blood Crypt over Grenzo or Nessian Asp just in case.
P2P13: Oh, Pod, Wrecking Ogre or Hypnotic Siren. If the games go really long, I will want the Siren, but they have to go really long... I have no Anthem effects to make the evasion better. Eh, I will take it, and hope I don't have to run it.
P2P14: Treasure Cruise? That is a card I would prefer to play in games that go long. Sorry Siren.
P2P15: Ha! Lingering Souls! Bet you didn't see that one coming (I didn't).

Ok, feeling good after pack 2. Plenty of solid cards. Well set up for splashing random black or red as required, and will probably splash for Lingering Souls/Lightning Bolt, aka. good splashes. Probably need some more early beaters, but I always think that when I draft decks like these, then I lay out 15 2-drops in deck building and feel stupid.

P3P1: Look! A conspiracy. Those are normally bonkers stong. It is Unexpected Potential, which is the free-splash conspiracy. I don't have anything yet that would excite me about it, but it would make flashing back Devil's Play easy? Other options are Righteous Confluence and probably lands? Celestial Archon is fine, but if I get to the top end I can play Cloudgoat, which is probably better, or Aurelia who would be bonkers. Lets take Unexpected Potential, see if we can go crazy with it.
P3P2: Snapcaster, Mana Leak, Fiery Confluence? This is my kind of pack. I still need a WR land, so the RR on confluence might be a bit much. Snapcaster is definitely powerful enough though.
P3P3: Plateau? Bam! But why must you be here with all of the best Spells matter cards? Monastery Mentor, Shu Yun, Abbot of Keral Keep? Actually, there is a Sacred Foundry too... I would probably wheel one of them... Maybe I even take Magma Jet? No... bad... be disciplined. Take the Plateau, wheel something awesome.
P3P4: Ah, beaters. Blade Splicer, Flickerwisp, Pestermite, I am spoiled for 3-drops. There is also a Jeskai Ascendancy... Screw it, lets take the ascendancy, name it with Unexpected Potential if we have to, and go crazy with the token makers I have.
P3P5: This pack is less exciting. I mean, there are some good cards in Condescend, Alesha and Emeria Angel, but not quite Blade Splicer/Flickerwisp level exciting. I might grab Alesha, returning cards like Phyrexian Metamorph, Geist of Saint Traft (no attack trigger, blergh) and Snapcaster seems sweet.
P3P6: Maybe this one is a Goblin Dark Dwellers deck? Remand, Unexpectedly Absent, Lightning Bolt, Azorius Charm... Could be. it is that or Burst Lightning. Eh, burn wins out.
P3P7: Wasteland and Steam Vents stand out as options. I actually don't have a UR land to fetch , but there is also Phantasmal Bear or Dungeon Geists as options. Jhoira of the Ghitu is also an on-colour gold card, but this doesn't seem like a 'wait 4 turns' kind of deck. I think Steam Vents is solid, and I can probably wheel Bear. I mean, who wants that?
P3P8: Oh my. All the fixing. Sacred Foundry, Hallowed Fountain, Flooded Strand. I think I am actually good after that Stem Vents, so I migth go with the other land option, Wasteland.
P3P9: Confluence came back. Or I could grab Watery Grave to help splash Lingering Souls. Or Geralf's Messenger to really utilise Unexpected Potential. Thraben Doomsayer is solid if I can get myself to 5 life, given I seem to be going pretty wide. Nah, I will grab Confluence, gaining 15 sounds better than having to lose 15 even if it will normally be 'Make 6 vigilant power across 3 bodies'
P3P10: None of the awesome cards came back. Ogre Battledriver plays nicely with my token makers. 'Make 12 hasty vigilant power across 3 bodies' sounds like a nice way to curve out. I don't know if my mana supports it, but I am not passing up anything for it.
P3P11: Blergh. Sacred Foundry came back, but none of the other cool cards did. No Abbot, Monastery Mentor, Magma Jet, nothing. Fine, I will just have great mana (which seems to be a theme this pack).
P3P12: Flickerwisp? Don't mind if I do.
P3P13: Do I prefer Generator Servant over Emeria Angel? Both cards have excited me in the past, before disappointing me in practice. I suppose I have to set myself up to lay out 15 2-drops some how.
P3P14: I could name Master of the Feast with Unexpected Potential? UW and giant Black flying beatdown?
P3P15: Wheel Dungeon Geists over Phantasmal Bear. Oddly disappointed.

From that I managed to assemble the following kind of funky fun thing that will sometimes beat face, sometimes grind value and sometimes run into big blockers it can do nothing about. Nothing except combo with Jeskai Ascendancy, flashing back token makers to grow you other tokens! If I name lingering souls with Unexpected potential, the mana works better, but if you are less disciplined, you name Ascendancy because you love fun, and swap the mountain for a Blood Crypt to end up with 4 black sources.

Aoret

Developer
Tyrole cube take two. Not so blind this time, I feel I have a bit of a better understanding of the format. White seemed strong as a go-wide colour, blue was strong, but required heavy colour commitment, green was probably ok for mid-range but the lack of ramp makes a lot of the cards kind of clunky. Lets see how we go!

Drafted all three of yours Laz. Decided to give streaming these a try. It's a little more time intensive to consume I guess, so I'll post deck screencaps behind spoilers for you or anyone else who just wants a tl;dr:
scuttleCube.PNG
drawACardCube.PNG
LazPrimary.PNG

I'll post youtube links when they finish extracting, but until then here are the twitch links (the only real difference is that you can't run twitch at like 1.5x speed to get through the content quicker)

Scuttle Cube
https://www.twitch.tv/aoret/v/61120756

Draw a Card
https://www.twitch.tv/aoret/v/61120481

Laz Primary Cube
https://www.twitch.tv/aoret/v/61120932

audio levels aren't the best on the first two videos but I think it's workable. Lmk what you guys' thoughts are on this format vs text :)

Laz

Developer
Oh my. That is amazingly awesome, and really helped me recognise how unloved my Scuttle-Cube feels. That said, watching you stumble through it with no idea of how the underlying themes and interactions worked was incredibly enjoyable.

I am concerned about this level of content escalation though. First it was 'Hey, I drafted this UB control deck, it seemed sweet, but I would have liked to see xyz', then pick by pick breakdowns, now video content of whole drafts. Next year we will see the 'Ok, so I traded for the cards I was missing from Aoret's cube, and have been running it a league at my LGS for the last 6 months. I marked all the cards with RFID tags, so I can track the precise pick orders, and simplify everyone recording their decklists. I was working with Vince Pendrell around data gathering and visualisation, and I am happy to make all of the following suggestions...'

Kirblinx

Developer
Staff member
I am concerned about this level of content escalation though. First it was 'Hey, I drafted this UB control deck, it seemed sweet, but I would have liked to see xyz', then pick by pick breakdowns, now video content of whole drafts. Next year we will see the 'Ok, so I traded for the cards I was missing from Aoret's cube, and have been running it a league at my LGS for the last 6 months. I marked all the cards with RFID tags, so I can track the precise pick orders, and simplify everyone recording their decklists. I was working with Vince Pendrell around data gathering and visualisation, and I am happy to make all of the following suggestions...'

If anything I think making videos is easier. You don't need to write down anything unlike those pick breakdowns. All you are doing is saying what is in your head. All the videos I made for the Penny Grid League were way easier than doing the writeups as it just happens during the process. The only issue is the ~10 minutes it takes to upload it to youtube.

I enjoyed the video for the scuttlemutt cube (Haven't watched the rest). All the regret going heroic, digging the colour matters vibe, the 'what do you do?' queries were what I enjoyed the most. I've never seen a video where someone regrets nearly every pick they make, it makes my life feel better.

Aoerot use audacity to take off the annoying backround hissing !

Awesome that you recorded picks, it gives a lot more information for cubers, well done!

What music was in the background, was it from spotify ?