General The Draft Exchange

Aoret

Developer
Drafted Aston's. No video this time D:

http://www.cubetutor.com/cubedeck/523121

stream of consciousness picks:
first pick sofaf over jtms, brainstorm, goyf, ajani cotp. Am sad and a bit upset that I was forced to pick sofaf because it is in the list
blade splicer over ewit, lands
geist of st traft over thalia
hero of bladehold over daze, millions of green cards. am upset about hero of bladehold for reasons similar to sofaf
tough pick. Pack has a temple garden, phanstasmal image, journey to nowhere in it. Also meloku and accorder paladin but neither is the pick in my mind. Image over journey.
FoF over bonesplitter, ranger of eos, mimic vat, PW venser
reclamation sage (no on color cards in pack, have seen a lot of green)
martial coup over kor sanctifiers. I love this card.
Ajani cotp came back. Picking over into the roil, trinket mage. Note that had I picked bonesplitter the trinket mage would've been cool.
student of warfare, only card in the pack besides molten tail masticore
thalia, not sure the deck can afford to play her now though.
qasali pridemage for that green splash we won't be running
journey came back! mise!
...so did bonesplitter D:
Kira. holy shit. There were other good cards in this pack but I clicked her too fast to take notes.
mox diamond over land, miscalculation
sower of temptation over mulldrifter, gush, raise the alarm, smokestack (I know, you're never supposed to pass it), land
nothing for us here, chrome mox that we probably wont play
terramorphic over spear of heliod, off color cards. So much red in this pack
spirit of the labyrinth over dryad militant, soulfire GM, cloudgoat ranger, elesh norn. FoF doesn't say draw lolol
cataclysm over grand arbiter augustin. We have a billion ways to make this favorable and I love the card.
aether adept over champion of the parish. God we're so midrange, but human count is currently at 2 :/
soldier of the pantheon over timely reinforcements, champion of the parish #2
basilisk collar probably wont play it
raise the alarm
hate cunning sparkmage it is really good against our deck
wheel spear of heliod
wheel cloudgoat ranger, am stoked we're in white
StP over baneslayer, frost titan
monastery mentor over looter il-kor, would've liked another two drop but... mentor is really good.
figure of destiny over mardu woe reaper
lone missionary over mana leak, cryptic, vendilion clique. At some point you ahve to make concessions to curve.
hallowed fountain over o-ring, steppe lynx, silverblade paladin
council's judgment
isamaru, am sad it isn't a more interesting white one drop
venser shaper savant
enclave cryptologist over champion of the parish, delver. Won't play any of them but should've probably taken champion, human count has grown slightly.
looter il-kor wheeled. dope.
so did mardu woe reaper
mortarpod, won't play it
steppe lynx
gelectrode we're so weak to pingers
loam

Thoughts: Overall fun, easy to see signals from the bots. Was definitely in the right colors. Saw a lot of cards I really like, included a couple more offbeat ones. A handful of cards I found distasteful due to power level; one of my biases as a drafter and designer is that I dislike cards that are so strong they're virtually unpassable, especially if they require very little work on my part to make them good i.e. swords. (full disclosure, I'm guilty of running a couple of these myself, see Deathrite Shaman)

Just so you know, I play the swords without protection on them. I don't know whether that would change your evaluation significantly. Even so, they're on the watch list for cutting but they are very popular with the people I draft with regularly.

Aoret

Developer
Just so you know, I play the swords without protection on them. I don't know whether that would change your evaluation significantly. Even so, they're on the watch list for cutting but they are very popular with the people I draft with regularly.

Ahh okay sweet. I really like that errata and used it myself for some time. It's definitely better that way, though I suspect I'm probably still forced to pick it regardless. I think sofaf is the best sword and I don't think it's close.

Nonetheless, I completely understand having crowd favorites that also live forever on a watch list and can't really begrudge you're continued inclusion of the card on that basis. At the end of the day if your group has evaluated that the fun of playing the card outweighs the unfun of losing to it, then it's worth keeping it. As mentioned I've got a similar thing going atm with multiple deathrite shamans.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
MSE has a colorless Phyrexian mana symbol. I would love to tweak the Swords to something like...

Corrupted Sword of Feast and Famine {2}P
Artifact - Equipment
Equipped creature gets +2/+1
Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to an opponent, choose one --
* Untap all lands you control.
* That player discards a card
Equip {1}P

... and see what that does for their playability.

MSE has a colorless Phyrexian mana symbol. I would love to tweak the Swords to something like...

Corrupted Sword of Feast and Famine {2}P
Artifact - Equipment
Equipped creature gets +2/+1
Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to an opponent, choose one --
* Untap all lands you control.
* That player discards a card
Equip {1}P

... and see what that does for their playability.

That seems like it's probably just as strong. You can just play a two drop, then play and equip this on turn 3, swing, untap your lands and play another 3 drop. Gross.

Aoret

Developer
Did a draft of Aoret's Riptide 360 cube, a mad little thing with some great customs (that alternate Spell Pierce is so awesome). I had not drafted this cube, but knew it was non-singleton and I went in with very little knowledge of the archetypes that it brought. I just let the cube lead me into a deck archetype and see how that goes.

I'm not certain whether this is the best way I could have made the deck, it revolves now mostly about lands (Getting lands with Primeval Titan, Courser of Cruphix, sacrificing with Gitrog/Knight of the Relinquary/Whisperwood Elemental, getting them back with Life from the Loam and drawing cards with Gitrog/Tireless Tracker from lands). It's a deck I've not played a lot so I don't know how powerful this strategy is but it looks really fun at least and there's ways to change the deck to more centered around creatures. Loved the draft and the (quite hard) deck building, mostly because there were so many cards I wanted to put in the deck.

I just realized I never gave this a reply. Since the thread has gone a bit stale with nobody drafting since my last one, I'll do one of yours as well MDT. First, a couple thoughts on your draft: deck is sweet! I'm glad you enjoyed the cube. Fun fact, the alternate spell pierce was generated by one of those mtg neural networks. The effect was so fun and so unlike other counterspells we have (despite being a mix of counterspell flavors that are quite common!), that I just couldn't pass up doing a sweet render for it and including it. In practice it plays like a high-risk high-reward counterspell that I'm always glad to try to make work. More often than not it kinda rots in my hand being unable to counter anything, but when you get somebody with it, it feels great!

Tough to say if your build is ideal, your pool is so sick. You must've been in the right colors for your seat with that kind of card quality, good job on the draft itself! One thing that bums me out is that cubetutor has no way to let you build your deck with my basic land box rules. In practice, you'd have had access to 12 on-color fetches and have had to make difficult decisions about how much to bleed yourself out to shore up that white splash. You'd also have had difficulty deciding how many wastelands you could cram in (if any) given your two colorless lands and the splash. I think in your deck I probably run one because fetching it with KotR is so powerful, and then run 6-7 fetches (4 of them BG).

Kind of an interesting little side discussion--what ratios of fetchlands to fetchables are people comfortable with? I generally stop at 50/50 and I think that's more aggressive than anyone I know.

Draft to follow, but I guess at this point I'll post this so I don't lose it :)

Aoret

Developer
Woooo! that was funnnn! I love what you've done with first strike density in white. Only griped about one card in my draft... a lot of folks are running Brimaz. Am I just crazy for hating him?

The deck:
http://www.cubetutor.com/cubedeck/524287

The draft:
necromancy over nev disk, mana confluence, prognostic sphinx, westvale abbey
brimaz over merfolk looter, overwhelming stampede, phyrexian revoker. I've already ranted about this card in this thread, but I really don't like cards I can't pass because they're this strong :(
tasigur over galepowder mage, herald of torment, sin collector
precinct captain over dictate of heliod, soldier of the pantheon, bloodsoaked champion. Risky pick I need to figure out which deck I am or get fixing soon
seeing a lotttt of green, not much black. probably time to abandon that path. Evolutionary leap over yasova dclaw, ainok survivalist, renegade krasis
collected company I can't not do it. picked over duskwatch recruiter though it pains me
mirror entity over eidolon of blossoms
sandsteppe citadel over spectral procession, terrastodon. They don't help coco so sure why not nab fixing while we can :D
eternal dragon only card in the pack for us, dont really wanna run it
big pack. Strangleroot geist, overwhelming stampede, flickerwisp. Tough. Flickerwisp keeps our mana easy and works with coco. Geist demands a lot of our manabase with our WW cards. Picking flickerwisp.
temple of plenty. I want plenty of fixing.
soldier of the pantheon over dictate of heliod for curve and coco purposes
renegade krasis over jungle shrine
knight of the white orchid god I love being in the right colors
p15 eidolon of blossoms
consul's lieutenant over courser of kruphix, oring, karmic guide. may be wrong
hard pick. Precursor golem? spaer of heliod? sorin, solemn visitor? The sorin is stronger, but spear is great with first strike crew. Spear.
yikes! condemn or loxodon smiter? I say smiter because our deck doesnt want to give them life and we actually want to be kinda creature heavy if possible.
immense pack. We have five on color cards and several are favorites of mine. Ajani steadfast, wolfbriar elemental, arbor elf, avatar of the resolute, become immense. It's between the pump spell and the ajani, and I think Ajani is going to be stronger for us.
hell yeah dryad militant.
naturalize, sure. Nice to have in the board.
spirit of the labyrinth is sweet in our fair deck
silverblade paladin is perfect for our deck. Picked over GW wurm thingy
Karmic guide came back but I still dont think we're interested. We don't want myth realized either so I'll just pick guide.
eh... battlefield forge? nothing for us.
captains claws probably won't play
I GET TO HAVE BECOME IMMENSE TOO?!
varolz, don't think we're splashing black though
loxodon warhammer glad I valued it low earlier
some red card
accorder paladin over not much else honestly for p3p1
frontline medic is way better than normal in our deck. picking over chameleon colossus, quarantine field, surrak, the hunt caller, spellskit
ooooh tough one. Epochrasite or emeria angel? I'm a little all-in on cmc3 or less creatures atm despite only having one CoCo. Cheating epochrasite in is super sick... but flying tokens are good with a lot of our other cards. Emeria angel.
mold shambler will be an all star in our board.
bonesplitter or seaside citadel? bonesplitter I guess, we dont want a ton of taplands
groundswell not playing it
mardu woe-reaper
sunpetal grove
pacifism still not sure I even want removal as weird as that sounds
springleaf drum not playing it
increasing devotion. Not sure we want a five drop but if we do, man is this ever exactly it!
hate all is dust
seaside citadel how sick is that?
two off color cards.

Dom Harvey

Contributor
That Boros deck is savage, with 3 Lynx and lots of 4-drops you want a 17th and possibly 18th land though (over Dragon Fodder at least)

That Boros deck is savage, with 3 Lynx and lots of 4-drops you want a 17th and possibly 18th land though (over Dragon Fodder at least)

I agree. Especially since, according to Aoret's description, I could potentially play a bunch of fetches that only get 1 relevant land type for free. But when I'm doing the drafts, I only spend a minute or two putting the final deck together so I have time to do another draft. I assume its more useful to the owner.

Aoret

Developer
I agree. Especially since, according to Aoret's description, I could potentially play a bunch of fetches that only get 1 relevant land type for free. But when I'm doing the drafts, I only spend a minute or two putting the final deck together so I have time to do another draft. I assume its more useful to the owner.

Yeah Colonel, that boros deck is the absolute filth. Can totally see running a half fetchland manabase just to four people with lyxes over and over. Thanks a ton for doing those!

Is there any viable way for me to draft your cube? Do you have it up on cubetutor premium or anything? If not, post with who you want to direct your credit to so I can repay your time :)

unfortunately, we always play sealed (4 people) so cube tutor doesn't do much, especially when I would have to fuss with adding all the customs.

If you want to draft something, just pick anybody who has posted in this thread or maybe Sigh? I know he's been actively trying to shake up his cube so he might need imput more than most.

Did a draft of Sigh's cube:

P1P1 Horizon Canopy over Lingering Souls and Vendilion Clique. I love this card.
P1P2 there's not much white or green I'm interested in. I take Sea Gate Oracle.
P1P3 I see Seasons Past here. You're telling me I can sacrifice Horizon Canopy and get it back later? I'm sold!
P1P4 I follow up with Nostalgic Dreams, there's something green and recursiony here. Only one blue card but the last pack had some solid blue playables so it might just have been dry to start with.
P1P5 Mulldrifter. There is a Trade Routes I'm intrigued by as well.
P1P6 Woodland Wanderer is the only green card. I'm not sure how good the fixing is in this cube but I remember seeing painlands and slow fetches, so it seems not amazing. There's also Dakra Mystic and Chasm Skulker as blue cards but I'm not in love with them. I'll take Mountain Valley I think.
P1P7 this is a miss as far as blue and green cards go, as there's only Shu Yun and Yasova Dragonclaw which are both quite a bit more aggressive than I want to be. I'm going to take a black card here and it's between Executioner's Capsule and Night's Whisper, but I think the removal is more valuable. Plus there might be a Trinket Mage.
P1P8 has a couple of options. In green there's Mayor of Avacyn, who I have liked in concept but never got around to testing. There's also an elf in Boreal Druid and a ramp spell in Edge of Autumn. Edge is interesting as another way to get value out of excess lands which can be rebought with Seasons Past. Finally, there's Sudden Demise which I might need as a sweeper. That's what I'm going with.
P1P9 the wheel doesn't show anything amazing but both Omenspeaker and Silent Departure could be playable. Omenspeaker is at least a body so she gets the nod.
P1P10 is kind of a miss, I take Boros Reckoner on the offchance I end up more heavily in red.
P1P11 Into the Roil
P1P12 Bragon, King Eternal
P1P13 Strangleroot Geist. The Trade Routes didn't wheel!
P1P14 Dakra Mystic, which might actually be pretty good.
P1P15 Oran-rief.
P2P1 Ah, here's the manafixing. A fetch, a shock and a battle land. As far as spells go there's Merfolk Looter, Whirler Rogue and Goblin Dark-Dwellers, but Steam Vents makes my mana so much better.
P2P2 There's quite a bit of blue including Jace, Vryn's Prodigy, and also Nissa, Vastwood Seer. I'm not sure which of these is better. I am very fond of JVP so he edges out Nissa this time.
P2P3 has Sakura-Tribe Elder and Compulsive Research which jump out at me, but there's also Sarkhan, the Dragonspeaker. Actually looking at my cards, I don't have much green after those first couple of spells. I think Sarkhan is what I want here.
P2P4 includes Bring to Light which I want to like but I don't think is all that good in my deck. Bloodstained Mire looks a lot better.
P2P5 there's not much here I like, but I'll add Scavenging Ooze as I might still play green.
P2P6 Remand over World Breaker
P2P7 has Kiora the Crashing Wave or Izzet Charm. I haven't played much with Kiora so I'm not sure how good she is really, whilst Izzet Charm is solid but not exciting. I'll give Kiora a go.
P2P8 Chandra the Pyromaster? If you insist!
P2P9 Merfolk Looter and Whirler Rogue both came round, as did Jori En. I can't see myself triggering Jori En all that often though. Merfolk Looter seems like a good way to ensure I find what I need at the right time. Also, Caustic Caterpillar?
P2P10 it breaks my heart to see Restoration Angel still here. I can take either Flood Plain or Condescend. Flood Plain is only half on colour so Condescend seems better.
P2P11 Sacred Foundry
P2P12 Steel Hellkite
P2P13 Slayer's Plate
P2P14 Ogre Battledriver
P2P15 Phyrexian Reclamation
P3P1 has a lot of green cards and only Exquisite Firecraft, Mana Leak and Dismiss as the blue/red cards. The green is mostly fixing, though, which doesn't make for a great splash. I'd rather not first pick Mana Leak but that's what I've got. I'd really like some more ways to deal with creatures.
P3P2 is either Man-o'-War or Abbot of Keral Keep. Abbot might not be at its best when I already have three counterspells, and Man-o'-War (that is tricky to type) is hardworking for a jellyfish.
P3P3 Flametongue Kavu, a classic that still holds its own. I see Life from the Loam and Worm Harvest here as well, which had I gone a different direction earlier I could see myself wanting.
P3P4 some interesting cards here, particularly Pia and Kiran Nalaar and Moltensteel Dragon. There's also Stomping Grounds. I think the question here is whether I'm likely to want to play Kiora, as with Stomping Grounds I'll have 3 green sources. I think Kiora is going to play well enough in my defend the planeswalker style of deck that it's worth taking the land here.
P3P5 I take Repeal which is the only blue or red non-gold card. I like seeing Karmic Guide.
P3P6 It feels like blue and red are being completely cut off, although I do get Desolate Lighthouse.
P3P7 Reclamation Sage which won't make the maindeck but will be useful out of the side.
P3P8 Sensei's Divining Top might be alright, I have a couple of shuffle effects.
P3P9 all the green fixing cards got taken. There's still Dismiss and Edric. I feel a bit creature-light for Edric, but on the other hand I don't think I'll get a lot of opportunities to hold up Dismiss. Edric might get there.
P3P10 Spider Spawning over nothing.
P3P11 Grand Architect
P3P12 Sphinx's Revelation. Splashable actually.
P3P13 Karmic Guide
P3P14 Judge's Familiar
P3P15 Slayer's Stronghold

That last pack was not good for me.

The deck:

URgw Planeswalker Pool Party

I'm afraid it's a bit of a mess to be honest. Despite being four colours I'm also somehow short on playables. I do think it'd be fun to play though, I like having a lot of instant speed interaction.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
draft me like one of your French girls: http://www.cubetutor.com/viewcube/49755

Per request I drafted a sexy decks with nice curves ;)

Onderzeeboot's UB Thing in the Ice from CubeTutor.com

I first picked Thing in the Ice, determined to make it work! Picked up a few blue spells plus a second Thing in the Ice (Metamorph) and finally splashed into a second color, I think it was pick 5?, for a Shriekmaw. Yeah, I don't remind bouncing that to my hand! The spells package came together nicely, including a third Thing in the Ice (Vampiric Tutor), and I even picked up a Chasm Skulker... WHICH IS A HORROR! SYNERGYYYYYYY!!! :D The only thing I did not find in the packs was mana fixing for my colors. Seriously! I saw plenty of WU, WB, UR and UG fixing, but only a single Polluted Delta, which was competing with the OP Pack Rat. All in all this cube seems to contain a little bit more powerful cards than I'm used to. Mox Diamond, Pack Rat, Dismember, Toxic Deluge, Damnation (recently) and Phyrexian Metamorph have all been cut from my cube for being either too powerful or being powerful, non-commiting picks. I don't mind drafting someone else's cube that doesn't have these compunctions though, as it's certainly enjoyable to play with these powerful cards every now and then.

PS. I feel I could have easily been in WU. I decided against it because I passed some super good white stuff, but some of those cards wheeled, and the mana would have been a lot better! I guess that's more a CT AI thing though, and not something that would have happened in the real world. Also Unearth is just perfect in this deck!

PPS. It's too bad you're not a CT patreon, as that actually allows you to watch back the draft picks! I've gotten so used to this from my own cube that I forgot to write down my picks here, hence the lack of pick by pick breakdown :(

PPPS. My cube is in my sig. Have fun!

Kirblinx

Developer
Staff member
Dom. You. You made me do this.

5 Colour Janitor from CubeTutor.com

I hope your happy.

Also, did a couple of other drafts:
Cube seems really fun to draft. I notice there is a lot of graveyard interaction across all colours which is I guess what you were aiming for? Fixing is great, Onderzeeboot already questioned the power band, which I also noticed but didn't mind too much. I question the doubling up on Dragonlord Atarka but other than that seems like a great pile 'o fun.

Did a draft of Sharzad's cube. Another cube with a decent amount of custom made cards, which is always a refreshing and exciting thing to encounter. Going through the list, I already know that I'm going to like the power level of the cube, which is fairly close to my own so I hope I can muster up something nice.
A lot of great cards to start off with. Mox Diamond is the way to, although there is Nissa, Voice of Zendikar, Dig Through Time, Pia and Kiran Nalaar, Vendilion Clique and Bib Fortuna. The last is not the pick here, but I find it a really good custom with a really powerful effect to it and I'm fine with it wheeling. Also Season's Past was in the pack, I like the card and I'm thinking of adding it to my cube. How are your experiences with it so far? Picked up Profane Command, Go for the Throat and Kalitas so I'm solid in black. There are good red cards going around too and I saw a bunch of reanimator spells, which could get me into RB(x) control maybe? Picked up some red removal, Kolaghan's Command so RB is the way to go I guess.
Pack 2 got a nice couple of cards for my colors. Bloodstained Mire, Ruinous Path (more removal, yay), Goblin Darkdwellers and Entomb (I already have Dread Return and the Commands). I'm going for some graveyard shenanigans and pick the Entomb here, but I hope the land wheels. Picked up some more removal in Smother and Ob Nixilis, as well as Alesha for some more graveyard interaction. Epochrasite is a nice card to see and to reanimate in some sort.
Pack 3 start with Unearth and my reanimation package start to look really solid. However, I think I need to prioritize my mana fixing a lot more because nothing is wheeling and options are few so far. Chandra Flamecaller is my next pick over Thoughtseize, maybe wrong here but I really like the new Chandra. Besides, I need a finisher (and the 0 ability works with reanimation) and I have plenty of removal in both red and black already. Picked up some filler cards, more removal and that's it. Really cool draft this was and I can make a really sweet RB reanimator deck (which I have not done before in any cube I think) with it for sure! I regret not picking up fixing and draw cards earlier but I think that's also just me adjusting to the AI.

The deck turned out to be quite alright as a control deck, although I missed really good reanimator targets at the top of my curve. However, the deck packs quite a punch in terms of direct damage and burn so I think this would do just fine. The card quality is really high!

Edit: Did another draft to see if I could do a better job of curving out and getting fixing, but turns out I suck at this haha.

Dom Harvey

Contributor
Thanks for the drafts guys! There was some lag when I was entering cards so a few got unintentionally copied, I caught most of them but Atarka snuck through. I don't mind the black sweepers, they are good at catching you up from behind and there are tons of 'sticky' creatures in my Cube so normal one-for-one removal is worse. I cut Mox Diamond for power concerns ages ago, I put in back in with this update to help the Loam and artifacts strategies but I'm keeping a careful eye on it (ditto for the 2 CMC mana rocks).

Those Grixis decks look great, it's a colour combo that I've struggled to get right and I wasn't sure this was the answer but it looks like you made it work!

Aoret

Developer
Dom. You. You made me do this.
I think you cheated OZB out of a draft there Blinxy!

So I'll do one for him and one for MDT. OZB draft:
http://www.cubetutor.com/cubedeck/525733
I friggin love your diamond fetches. So sweet! oh, right, the draft. first pick FoF over titania, 2shieldz, mishra's factory, woodland bellower
phyrexian revoker over mom, wall of omens, deepanal, porcelain legionnaire, lark
oh shit are we about to go deep? Rise from the tides over blade splicer, dark confidant, genesis. THE TIDE IS OUT AND IM GOING DEEP
steam vents over not much else. Assuming UR is where I want to be for tides.
holy shit jhoira's command is strong. Picking it over roiling waters, magma jet, bygone bishop. second thought: does the suspend mode actually let me get a second mode on that casting? Unsure on that. JUDGE!
complicate over volt charge, stormchaser mage, thrummingbird, incursion specialist. I love you volt charge!
forgotten creation obv. We're going deep! Picked over stoke the flames, dack's duplicate and I'm stoked about it.
abbot of keral keep <3
nucklavee over mishra's factory (how is that still in the pack?) and chandra's pheonix
empty pack for us. wall of omens I guess.
savor scout. It blocks well I suppose
alesha. she blocks well I suppose
roiling waters not exactly the bounce spell I need, but maybe it's the bounce spell I deserve?
zurgo ballstriker, he doesn't block very well D:
neither does goblin glory chaser
incinerate over mana leak, crater lake, goggles
sower over endless one, WR lands, talon gates (although card is sick)
devour intellect, hold on to your hats guys I'm not abandoning my plan!
how sick is staff of turmoil? holy shit. but I'm still picking fiery confluence because that card is hot shit. Dominus of fealty in the apck too, hopefully we get something back. Also, I love you cruel ultimatum!
perilous myr what a stud
if this isn't the geistblast deck I dunno what is. Picked over exquisite firecraft (!)
sin prodder how are you still in the pack? picked over sphinx of the final word, we don't need more huge drops
eek witch doctor or guttersnipe? I think snipe because he trades if we need him to (and we probably do, our deck is a pile)
mana leak came back. love it. picked over goggles you guys are all crazy
sure I'll take endless one I guess
seer's lantern over heelcutter probably dont want to play it
dominus came back!
off color card
off color card
off color card
counterspell over jori en </3 also UR manland in the pack
brainstorm obv. picked over chains of command, soul of shandalar, epochrasite
goblin dark dwellers over chasm skulker, skin invasion, thrummingbird
loose pick. shelldock isle over radiant flames. also delver, myr battlesphere in pack
hordeling outburst over ehterium-horn sorc, gelectrode, figure of destiny
veteran chronarch over dimensional infiltrator, zealous con
burst lightning. mostly so I can say "guys im about to burst my lightning" every time I cast it with kicker.
fall of the titans over pyromancer's assault I can't afford any more cards that do nothing.
kessig FM, it trades I guess?
soul of shandalar probably not playing it
guardian of tazeem dont think I can play it
battlesphere dont think I can play it
off color card
off color card
off color card
MDT draft:
http://www.cubetutor.com/cubedeck/525756
tasigur over brainstorm, lodestone golem
nev disk easy safe pick
I guess I'll keep FoFfing about
scuttling doom engine easy safe pick. noting good white cards in the pack
xman over clever impersonator, triskelion. Noting that I should've taken lodestone golem and gone deep again.
arcane sanctum over not much else, at least it helps maybe splash one of these first few picks?
end hostilities over void shatter, terramorphic, grasp of darkness, ojutai's command. I guess we really should be in "some kind of esper"?
flickerwisp over jeskai land
augur of bolas from a pack with infinite green cards still in it
alloy myr over frontline medic
BW painland
consul's lieutenant
mardu woe-reaper
off color card
void shatter (!)
thing in the ice is dope even if we can't flip it. huge pack too. Angel of Serenity, spell shrivel, deep analysis, looter, hallowed fountain...
murderous cut over repeal
clash of wills over anticipate, day's undoing (I'm wondering what cool am I supposed to do with it)
spear of heliod over gather the townsfolk
prognostic sphinx
sunken hollow over palladium myr, reality shift
condemn over talrand, careful consid, reflector mage, epochrasite. Draft is so easy when you pay attention to signals! :D
FoF sphinx over sphere of the suns, glacial fortress, isolated chapel
hallowed fountain over spell shrivel
jhessian thief over drowner of hope, just hoping to block with her
seaside citadel it might be a bad dual for us
gather the townsfolk came back. sick.
astral cornucopia is just somebody making a porn joke
duress that we shouldn't splash
off color card
grip of the roil over brago
gideon aoz over infinte other good choices for this deck in white and black
into the roil over a million choices
good lord. I guess plumeveil? so much for us in every pack
mizzium meddler just planning on flashing him in if I don't need to counter something. picked over all is dust, unsure which would be better for our deck
UW temple over emeria angel. I love you emeria angelllll
dimir aqueduct over phyrexian revoker, banishing light. we have tons of playables already
negate. we can't cast drown in sorrow even though we want it
brago, not playing him
quarantine field. I knew we'd get something back outta that pack.
pacifism. must be nice, us.
increasing devotion. it's silly the playable count we have.
precusor golem
off color card
on color 2/1 for 1 that we don't care about

Aoret

Developer
PPS. It's too bad you're not a CT patreon, as that actually allows you to watch back the draft picks! I've gotten so used to this from my own cube that I forgot to write down my picks here, hence the lack of pick by pick breakdown :(

How does the playback thing work? Do I need to opt into the CT champ beta? I don't have this feature on mine...