The OkCupid Experience

I have similar problems taking pictures of myself...
On another note! You are waaaaay swarthier than I imagined!

Dating abroad sounds very interesting.

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
Oh, god. That's not hipster at all. You look so damn preppy in that picture.

I can relate to parts of this article well. Really well.. more than I'd like to admit.

So. Will this be a two-parter?

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
What if I told you that I have 20/20 vision, the glasses are fake and didn't even have lenses. Would that change your opinion?

Aoret

Developer
Fun read. Thanks for sharing your adventures with us :)

Not that it matters hugely, but I did find two typos, one beside the other:
"I may be dense, but not blind enough [to ignore?] a hint large enough to generate its own gravitational field. I took my queue (you mean cue) and we made out on the sofa. We ended the evening with a midnight pita run and more kisses on her doorstep."

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Fun read. Thanks for sharing your adventures with us :)

Not that it matters hugely, but I did find two typos, one beside the other:
"I may be dense, but not blind enough [to ignore?] a hint large enough to generate its own gravitational field. I took my queue (you mean cue) and we made out on the sofa. We ended the evening with a midnight pita run and more kisses on her doorstep."

Thanks! I need a copy editor :p

Aoret

Developer
No worries on the copy edit lol.

I'm seconding this as a recurring series. I do think that people's comments from the GBS thread about splitting the front page into Magic and Non-Magic is a good idea though. That SCD Article on Master of Waves got buried within a day by this (highly entertaining) story about dating... maybe not necessarily what the site needs to be doing to drive traffic up? But, on the other hand, for those of us who already frequent the site, this makes a really interesting read. I think just having a spare tab for it would be good enough.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
I'm seconding this as a recurring series. I do think that people's comments from the GBS thread about splitting the front page into Magic and Non-Magic is a good idea though. That SCD Article on Master of Waves got buried within a day by this (highly entertaining) story about dating... maybe not necessarily what the site needs to be doing to drive traffic up? But, on the other hand, for those of us who already frequent the site, this makes a really interesting read. I think just having a spare tab for it would be good enough.

Yeah, we're trying to figure out the best way to organize it. The problem is that I currently have no interest in creating my own Magic content right now. I'm not sure the best way to organize the front page yet. The dating articles actually do drive in a fair amount of traffic, but it's people who just pop in and then obviously don't stick around for the nerdy junk.

Aoret

Developer
Yeah, we're trying to figure out the best way to organize it. The problem is that I currently have no interest in creating my own Magic content right now. I'm not sure the best way to organize the front page yet. The dating articles actually do drive in a fair amount of traffic, but it's people who just pop in and then obviously don't stick around for the nerdy junk.

I get where you're coming from. I sorta think you've created something here that can maintain momentum while you take a break from MtG, but muddling it with other stuff may hinder that. As you hint at in your reply, it isn't just about generating traffic, it is about generating the traffic you want.

CML

Contributor
atlanta generates traffic and it's still a terrible place. ditto all airports and suburbs.

dom should take the helm

CML

Contributor
Oh well then.

ALSO: I'm suddenly way more self conscious about all my slutty v necks.

god that is a great line

so i've always wondered: since not having to deal with women would be great, but having to conceptualize men as women would be terrible, is being gay (minus all the senseless stigma) a net positive or negative in that regard?

CML

Contributor
yeah but i think it's because i don't expect much. playing games seems somehow so harmless when there's no expectation of banging.

today i chose to play legacy instead of getting some action. a gentleman came by and saw i was on my typical Bears and Gray Ogres and said, 'there's not much play to that deck, is there?' LESS THAN YOU EVER KNOW SIR