General [WAR] War of the Spark

evolutionsage.jpg

Evolution Sage
2G
Creature - Elf Druid
Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, proliferate.

The uncommons aren't bad either :) Maybe +1/+1 counters slash landfall ramp could be a good dual UG identity moving forward? :p

I'm testing this for sure.
Holy crap! A white and improved Thrummingbird!

OAK5RhU.png

That's actually really, really playable in white!

I feel this blue common is also pretty nice:

9oR1Bm3.png
I was going to try thrummingbird, but it's not in the main +1/+1 counters colors. Since this is in white, Grateful Apparition is far better in my opinion.

Stealth Mission is a cool way to support counters matter in blue without needing to "dumb down" the color with semi-ok cards that don't do much outside counters decks. It's a slam dunk for people who want it.

Also, this + Dreadhorde Arcanist is pure gas.

Why does Wizards keep printing Demolish?? It's not good, it never has been, and never will be played in limited or constructed.

Because they feel like they need to reprint bad cards for some reason even though no one plays them.

Don't get me wrong, having some bad cards is ok, but demolish is just so utterly useless there is no reason for it.

feathertheredeemed.jpg

parhelionii.jpg

Soooooo many original Ravnica story callbacks here. Feather looks like an awesome option for Boros. Even though her ability is very narrow, a 3/4 flyer for 3 seems cubeable in a low-power environment. Just get some engine pieces like Defiant Strike, Gods Willing, Shelter or Feat of Resistance and you'll be able to make Feather awesome.

Parhelion II is a retail limited and commander card, not a cube card, but it is super cool nonetheless. I just thought that the Boros Airship is worth sharing.

I do really like Outburst. It's a tough choice, digging 4 deep with Bolt is very good in certain builds.

lazotepreaver1.jpg

I need another two-drop zombie that costs 1B. This seems like straight gas with Cryptbreaker, the defacto king of zombie tribal, as well as working with the 3 mana +1/+1 zombie lords and aristocrats strategies. Since there will be a little bit of counters support in my next cube, do any of you see a world where something like this could make it?

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Feather is one heck of a design. What a great card for RW, love it!

I don't think Ral's Outburst will be replacing Proph Bolt in my cube. That one mana gives you an important +1 damage, digs you two cards deeper into your library, and has you play an iconic card of the past :)

lazotepreaver1.jpg

I need another two-drop zombie that costs 1B. This seems like straight gas with Cryptbreaker, the defacto king of zombie tribal, as well as working with the 3 mana +1/+1 zombie lords and aristocrats strategies. Since there will be a little bit of counters support in my next cube, do any of you see a world where something like this could make it?

Yep, I think it's a really useful piece to have around. Not super powerful but will make decks better. I like it.

Hell yes, this is going to cement RW as the combat trick / pump spell combo guild in my cube.
I've been struggling to come up with an identity for RW in my cube redesign (which is still low key going on in the background despite all appearances to the contrary) that didn't make me want to gouge out my eyes in a horrifically boring tokens package with Heroic Reinforcements or an unforgivably janky lifegain thing with Searing Meditation. I've also liked combat tricks for a while and have been looking for ways to incorporate more of them into cube, so Feather is a slam dunk.

saheelisublimeartificer.jpg

This is perfectly cubeable in my opinion. It's a slightly better efficient construction which is actually young pyromancer that costs one more but is blue and doesn't die to creature removal.
Confused yet?

I'm probably going to try and shoe this in. I'm legitimately considering creating a separate hybrid section in my cube for split/hybrid cards so that I can run pure gold in addition to some of the sweet new hybrids we've been getting recently. I'll probably write about it later on in the Train Station.

Yep that enchantment-like effect goes directly into spell matters in blue-red (Jeskai if you also support it in white)

A funky little non-synergy with that -2 ability. Although it is possible that those noncreature spells could be artifacts of course :p

Saheeli's -2 is great. It can target the servos she makes, and it can make them copy either artifacts or creatures, so you can both hit stuff like mana rocks, or get another copy of something like Murmuring Mystic for a "go-off" turn.

Really nice card for a variety of decks. Great in Rx artifact decks, for instance, especially ones looking for fodder

Saheeli's -2 is great. It can target the servos she makes, and it can make them copy either artifacts or creatures, so you can both hit stuff like mana rocks, or get another copy of something like Murmuring Mystic for a "go-off" turn.

Really nice card for a variety of decks. Great in Rx artifact decks, for instance, especially ones looking for fodder

I'm very interested in this one. Love the crossover of spells and artifacts, and being functionally mono-colored to boot!

I can’t get myself to run anything with that quality of flavor text.

But yes I would switch those two. It does not tap tokens very well but it just seems like a better card. If you are going for better (and still Human) then go for it.