Sets (WOE) Wilds of Eldraine Spoilers

backforseconds.jpg

OK, you have my attention.

is a really strong card that is also quite fun to play with.

While I usually prefer the haste, I think I'd go to Initiate first. Better types on the card and the token, carries equipment better, threatens Savannah Lions, trades with Thalias. Haste is sweet off the top, but I don't think that tiny improvement as a topdeck makes me happy to see it over a Bolt or Fireblast or whatever actual reach is left in my deck.

Cool that there's two now though, extra density in aristocrats without having to go to a third colour is nice.

is a really strong card that is also quite fun to play with.
I don’t think these cards are really filling the same role. Back for Seconds is a Soul Salvage variant that can reanimate something small if you can pay the bargain. Diabolic Servitude is a four mana normal reanimation spell.

The primary difference being: Back for Seconds draws you a card and reanimates a creature, but never something better than a Siege Rhino type of card, whereas Diabolic Servitude brings back your best creature, including stuff like Griselbrand and Archon of Cruelty.

I don’t think these cards are really filling the same role. Back for Seconds is a Soul Salvage variant that can reanimate something small if you can pay the bargain. Diabolic Servitude is a four mana normal reanimation spell.

The primary difference being: Back for Seconds draws you a card and reanimates a creature, but never something better than a Siege Rhino type of card, whereas Diabolic Servitude brings back your best creature, including stuff like Griselbrand and Archon of Cruelty.
The problem with death’s duet variants is that, yes it nets you a card, but often it is lacklustre (coming from a low power cube owner). Reanimate for 4 is fair. It requires quite the setup. The problem arises when one plays the, quite nice, namesake with the first turn looting. Maybe it is not the problem of the reanimates but their targets in your example. Not cheated they are quite fair, but cheated they are not. You can have your cake and eat it if you want to.

The problem with death’s duet variants is that, yes it nets you a card, but often it is lacklustre (coming from a low power cube owner). Reanimate for 4 is fair. It requires quite the setup. The problem arises when one plays the, quite nice, namesake with the first turn looting. Maybe it is not the problem of the reanimates but their targets in your example. Not cheated they are quite fair, but cheated they are not. You can have your cake and eat it if you want to.
I'm not saying reanimation can't be fair. I'm only trying to illustrate that Back for Seconds is just a low-curve midrange card, whereas something like Diabolic Servitude has a "combo" angle that most players will try to exploit. You can't reanimate something expensive with seconds, you can with servitude and friends.

woe-cheeky-house-mouse-via-v0-h5xtsssnjijb1.jpg

This looks incredible, and the names are precious, but I wonder if we're seeing so many good mice and rats in part to set things up for a typal deck or three in Bloomburrow. Same thing with the weird preponderance of otters, which would work well for a Redwall world's blue-aligned type.

1692648585731.png

And even another great adventure card has been spoiled. Fits my blue section like a glove.

Although I am a little scared that the non-rare adventures won't get a showcase version this time. We have only seen thos for rares and mythics yet.

Although I am a little scared that the non-rare adventures won't get a showcase version this time. We have only seen thos for rares and mythics yet.
Regrettably…

SHOWCASE ADVENTURE TREATMENT​

In Throne of Eldraine, we introduced our first official Booster Fun treatment: the showcase Adventure treatment! These cards have a special frame that looks like you're reading out of an old collection of fairy tales. This frame returns in Wilds of Eldraine, with 7 mythic rare and 13 rare adventurer cards receiving this stylish treatment.

from the Wizards’ website.

Squeak By is the best adventure name <3
Let me just "sneak by" this inferno titan.
Does kind of feel like it should have given skulk instead.

I don't know what it is with adventures, I feel like it should be a slam-dunk mechanic, but the individual rarely ever end up being what I want.