Sets (WOE) Wilds of Eldraine Testing/Includes Thread

Huh. It's not a bad pick, I dunno why I hadn't considered it. I'll pick up a copy for testing, thank you!

In my experience 3-color cards have to be really powerful to be considered. Otherwise players will only play the cards (and pick the cards during drafting) if they already are in the 3 colors which doesn’t happen very often. Furthermore a 3-color card is also difficult to cast during the games because mana bases tend to not be @blacksmithy mana bases when playing cube. Due to singleton and other factors.

Brokers Ascendancy is really strong.

Ogre Chitterlord is one of the "Jumpstart-only" (read: set/collector booster-only because they rightfully cancelled the set-specific Jumpstart sets) cards that I somehow completely overlooked before. This is a perfect card for my reject/championship league cube's power-level, a Grave Titan that has the excitement and high impact of the original titan cycle without feeling nearly as hopeless as Grave or Inferno Titan.

The menace is much stronger than any of the static abilities on the original titan cycle, so I understand if others don't feel similarly about it being appropriate for medium power levels, but it has been over a decade since they were printed.

Does red need high-value cards like this? Absolutely: even 1-2 in smaller cubes gives the color more range than being just the burn/aggro slice of the pie. This following a tried-and-tested formula makes it easier to grok for players as well, helping increase accessibility and allowing less enfranchised players to engage at a more competitive level.

Anyways, I like this card, and I hope you do too. I wish the standard version didn't cut off 30% of the artwork and negatively impact the composition, but that's my issue with all these silly extended-border cards.

The fact that the rats aren't blockers is a huge step towards making it less frustrating to face down compared to Grave Titan, since villain isn't generating two potential blockers every time they sneeze. It also helps that the Rat Pump is specifically designed to seal the deal when it's obvious that the Rats can't be dealt with.

Wow, I've just seen Up the Beanstalk appearing in modern and even legacy lists. I was just wondering why this very recent draft build-around-me-uncommon was ~3€ already. Guess I should sell my copy soon lol. That was a card I didn't anticipate spiking.

Yeah, it's an absolutely absurd draw engine in Modern and Legacy. Turns out that stapling card draw onto cards that were already really good is really good.

I'm strongly considering adding a Bargain package after drafting this set a bunch. A lot of the pieces from outside WOE seem self-explanatory, like Demonic Pact.

However, I found this card:

With the explosion of trinket tokens, I think it's a lot more viable than it was the last time it was printed and/or discussed on this forum. I'm not sure it quite gets there, but if anyone else is considering adding a lot of Bargain cards I'd suggest taking another look at this one as this can hang with most of the "real" Bargain cards on power level.

Last edited: