General Decks that have 3-0'd your cube

FlowerSunRain

Contributor

4-1 Value Welder

I had a lot of fun with this pile, basically every card in it was good, except for bonesplitter, which still did work as welder fodder or flamespeaker bashing. I put Masticore into play 6 times in a single game once, which was pretty funny. Daretti is pretty sweet to play with and scales with the power level of your artifacts while having the looting ability gives him a strong baseline. I never got to cast trading post, but I assume it was good in this deck. Devasting Dreams stole multiple games and Mindless Automaton is mostly a bad solemn, but one game I dumped 4 cards into him and beat to victory. Hammer is a great welder support card and I had just enough removal/seeker of the way to get through early beats. This deck did lose in a friendly match to mono-black midrange, giving it a total of 4-1 in the 6 man pod, which also went 4-1 (loosing to pyromancer tempo).

4-1 Monoblack Midrange

Notes: Stalker Hag has lifelink, vampires and zombies are a supertribe in my cube.

CML

Contributor
today's winner: stax

CAM00311.jpg

Only 2-1, but I forgot to record the winner.

First draft, I built this delve monstrosity

delve

Jace is an all-star, worked really well in this deck. The delve cards worked well as well. Was afraid that I ended up with too many, but I could usually play all of them at a decent discount.

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
It kinda pains me seeing elspeth, sun's champion and trike in the same list
Would the fact that Trike was the better card make you feel a little better?

That said, the white 6 drop spot is completely up for grabs, I'm really not attached to Elspeth, but the alternatives aren't very attractive. Sun Titan, in particular, seems like it would be pretty dominating in my cube.

Maybe I'm looking at it the wrong way: do I even need a white six drop?

CML

Contributor
awesome. man that is a steep power level, observant alseid and magister of worth under one roof. it looks like a very good VMA deck

Rob Dennis

Developer
awesome. man that is a steep power level, observant alseid and magister of worth under one roof. it looks like a very good VMA deck

That's a pretty good analogy. This is definitely a "limited feel" list so I'm not going for a flat power level. Since it's pushing 3 colors, the power balance is swung hard in favor of 2 and 3 color cards. Alseid is a good example that gets played a lot but is a grade C roleplayer.

Rob Dennis

Developer
we drafted with six but since it at the end of a board game night, not everyone could stay so the numbers were a little weird. Here's two great ones:

3-0 - mardu with a combo finish (had only 4 land fixers, but didn't punish him);
The combo is Maw of the Obzedat or goblin bombardment with falkenrath noble or blood artist.

3-0 Mardu Blood Artist

here's a 2-0 sidisi which would have been a lot better if I wasn't trying to force it on his right in p1 (sniped kessig cagebreakers and spider spawning before reading the signals into bant). He decided that it would be better to side into ~45 cards if he had to do it again, given how quickly he ripped through his deck.

2-0 Sidisi

Rob Dennis

Developer
good god man use the [cubedeck] tags you helped implement them

combination of:
- people seem to do photos, so I figured I'd join in
- the fact that the cubedecks don't seem to mouseover to show the whole picture of a card anymore? (is it working for everyone else?)

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
they never did actually, but you can still click on any card to bring it up in a new window