General Decks that have 3-0'd your cube

GB Control

This is like exactly the sort of deck I like to play. I was sad I didn't have more grindy ways to spend my mana like an equipment or wolf run, and the deck sometimes took too many turns setting up and led to long games you didn't think you'd win, but there was just enough pressure and lifegain to offset all the lifeloss and actually win games. Man I forgot how nuts hymn to tourach is. I really should have played another swamp to have that on curve more often.

Despite how much I loathe playing decks that draw too many lands and play too many 3's the games were always interaction heavy and had a lot of climactic moments. Epochrasite has earned it's place in my heart again.

Favourite Plays:
Play of the day:
This deck was super soft to a wildfire if you could bolt my thragtusk first and keep me from just beating you with a remaining treetop village. So buddy tricked me into blocking a Snapcaster with a Sword of Light and Shadow and then proceeded to let my arena more or less kill me by countering all my spells after the burning and beating me down with a venser.
ALSO Hinder was totally fuckin with my dougie that night.

EDIT: Arena + courser sounds super sweet but you run out of cards quick lol.

CML

Contributor
today's winner

CAM00266.jpg

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
I'm pretty sure the card in at the top left is Worldknit.

Nonbasiclands are usually good with worldknit, but City of Brass is probably worth avoiding in most cases.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb

GU Proliferate

Sadly I didn't play against this deck, it looks so sweet! Also, nope, two Breeding Pool is not a typo. The mystery card is Sprouting Pond, which did some good work in this deck (pumping up Cloudfin Raptor to Mahamoti Djinn proportions).

Sprouting Pond.png

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I just did a original Ravnica draft on Forge because CML is always raving about it. Is it just me or is the original format way underpowered compared to today's standard? Still an awesome draft though :)

5-color Ravnica

Effin sweet durdlism!

CML

Contributor
yikes that's a lot of unplayables. i remember having my mind blown when i realized guardian of vitu-ghazi was good but man stasis cell.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
yikes that's a lot of unplayables. i remember having my mind blown when i realized guardian of vitu-ghazi was good but man stasis cell.

Yeah, stasis cell was bad. I had a Szadek in my sideboard, but no way to make the {U}{B} the core of my deck to support the double mana symbols in both colors. Still went 3-0 against the AI though. Turns out my creatures were fairly beefy for the format. Only things that really scared me were another Szadek, Lord of Secrets and a Tidespout Tyrant, both of which I narrowly survived on the back of a Stoic Ephemera and/or Pillory of the Sleepless.

Yeah I feel like that was not a great draft man. You got a decent amount of fixing but kinda spread too thin and not enough sweet plays. I feel like everyone online is probably doing it wrong and ruining the draft for each other.... maybe?

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I was playing against the AI (google MtG Forge), and seeing the other decks I think the packs were just particularly dry. My second draft went a bit better (Skeletal Vampire rules), though there's still a lot of chaff in the boosters. It's funny to see how drastically they cut back on garbage these days.

Sweet news! Samuel has been on double delver, double pyromancer, double gravecrawler and double something else for 2 months now in his 400 list and has cut down by like 50 percent on his artifact mana!

My delver list that 3-0'd this week!

UW Delver

Not too many sweet plays out of this one. Just a lot of very very close races and games I didn't think I could draw out of ending up just trying to play for the most damage and cantripping out of. Probably could have used another white source, that one swamp was a total pain in the ass too.

Jitte is way less of a fun card without damage on the stack..... Mother of runes is really nice to be on the right side of.

This deck would feel so so so threat light if it were not for counterspell, true name and lingering souls.

I can think of favourite plays after all:
  • Dazing a grim monolith on turn 2 after passing with a seeker in play.
  • Remanding a timely wurmcoil off a grim monolith thereby stranding it in his hand for the turn I needed to find cryptic mana.