Sets [EMN] Eldritch Moon Spoilers Thread

Grillo_Parlante

Contributor
I think its more of a jund card tbh. Those decks are already running tol, gy for value interactions, and can chain removal for the cost reduction, all while playing a slow game.

Its prob not good enough for standard cube design, but it would be sweet in a hellbent focused grindy midrange deck. Prob run it alongside that origins mythic dragon.

There is some sweet brewing space here to be sure.

Delve is so much easier to abuse though. Requiring instants and sorceries greatly limits the cost discount that you can reasonably expect to get. It's also more comparable to Dig Through Time due to the CC in the cost. TC for U is possible and that is absurd value. I honestly don't see people getting this new red guy below 2RR, and even that requires 4 instants/sorceries, so it's going to be a fairly narrow deck that wants it. Basically the Young Pyro deck has a place for this card, but this doesn't just slide into any red deck. I like the design of the card, and I hope it's less narrow than I think it is.

Very true. I'm not saying this is close to the value that treasure cruise gives, but just noting that immediately discounting it due to mana cost is a mistake, imo. This card needs much more support than TC and only slots into spellslinger decks... but I don't think that's a bad thing! I think it's an overall fair card. Exactly how strong it will be remains to be seen.

New devil thing is sweet, but probably a 4 or 5 drop in most cases. It's not an on-curve play though, this is something you'd sandbag for the later game once you've both used up most of your resources. I could see it coming online more frequently in a Grixis or Jund deck, UR could turbo it out if they really go deep on a spellslinger archetype. If you have stuff like Frantic Search and Faithless Looting in your cube that let you pitch + filter, I think this is a really cool card that should make it into most lists. Also, Prowess!

nooseconstrictor.jpg

New wild mongrel- almost always an upgrade, I'd imagine.

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
The devil seems good. In a deck filled with force spikes and silent departures you can disrupt your opponent like crazy, then recoup your ammo and get a threat all in one. Or you can play in a deck that doesn't care if it discards certain cards its an efficient way to chuck them.

Grillo_Parlante

Contributor
It reminds me a little bit of burning vengeance in a weird way. The problem with it though is that in an actual control shell you generally don't want to discard your hand, even if you get to AR immediately after.

This set is such gas though for gy design.

It reminds me a little bit of burning vengeance in a weird way. The problem with it though is that in an actual control shell you generally don't want to discard your hand, even if you get to AR immediately after.

This set is such gas though for gy design.
My cube is having a field day with this set, being GY design and all. And in such a setting, control could very well be happy discarding what's left of their hand for immediate value.

stunninggrowth.jpg

"Stunning Regrowth"

3G
Sorcery

Return all land cards from your graveyard to the battlefield tapped.

What shenanigans can we get up to with this?

stunninggrowth.jpg

"Stunning Regrowth"

3G
Sorcery

Return all land cards from your graveyard to the battlefield tapped.

What shenanigans can we get up to with this?
Probably not enough to be worth a slot :(. It's very awkwardly placed between durdling lands into your yard and ultra turbo ramping. I guess it's kind of in the slot of Life from the Loam, but at least LftL sticks firmly to the durdle plan.

Bomb in any sort of GY edh tho

Chris Taylor

Contributor
mausoleumwanderer.jpg

flying
Spiritfall: +1/+1 until eot
Sac: Counter an instant or sorcery unless they pay x, where x is ~'s power
1/1

Flying cursecatcher with some maybe/maybe not trinket text? Could be interesting

imprisonedinthemoon.jpg

Turn to log has been excellent for me, though it's much more thoroughly a green card (Think "path tovindicate"). This seems out of place, but strong.

workingtogether.jpg

WW1
Sorcery
Esclate: Tap an untapped creature you control
-Destroy target creature with power 4 or greater
-Destroy target enchantment
-Put a +1/+1 counters on each creature target player controls

I think this is the stronger Shoulder to Shoulder I kinda wanted. Always happy for more incidental enchantment hate, and I hope this doesn't end up like the confluences: too strong despite how interesting they are.

Maro has been pretty clear that he thinks Song of the Dryads was a mistake and should not be in green's color pie. It only got by him due to being a Commander card since he doesn't work on those.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Maro has been pretty clear that he thinks Song of the Dryads was a mistake and should not be in green's color pie. It only got by him due to being a Commander card.

And he thinks fucking blue is a better spot? Polymorph this is not, rapid hybridization this is not :p
This is just as silly as the eldrazi wish thing (Green card cast by a red white planeswalker because the target is colorless)

I think it's definitely blues color pie. Blue involves transformation, and in general solves problems it can't bounce by enchanting them with stuff. This may not be exile/destroy -> get something else, but it's definitely the same space