Sets Journey to Nyx Spoilers

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
I find it hard to kind Keranos very interesting. Basically he reads "If you can force a long game, you win." Obviously there is play to the card, but its just not an effect that I think I'm looking for.

What does UR usually do in your cube FSR? Because I find it durddles a lot in mine and this guy is sort of a perfect fit for the usual deck that ends up coming together (whether that is s good thing or not is certainly up for debate).

I might try this guy over Steam Augury, not because augury hasn't been good but because I have that effect already with FOF and I like the gods a lot.

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
Red/Blue is usually the generic control deck. I mean, its a slow deck, if the game goes long its generally winning anyway. Red/Blue Delver has become a reasonable approach too and that deck definitely doesn't want a 5 mana card.

Well this sounds really fun. Cube loves 1 toughness.

forgebornoreads.jpg

Red/Blue is usually the generic control deck. I mean, its a slow deck, if the game goes long its generally winning anyway. Red/Blue Delver has become a reasonable approach too and that deck definitely doesn't want a 5 mana card.

I think something like this is slightly more appealing in my cube because I lack most super powerful finishers. UR counterburn I think generally want's something nasty like an Inferno Titan to finish the game. I don't have anything that strong in my cube, so it's not uncommon for the UR deck in particular to get a run of bad cards and die on the vine later in the game even when they should be able to keep control. CA is a commodity I highly value in my cube too, so it's not really just the domain of control decks either.

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
I will say reminding me immediatly of FTK is not doing it any favors :p
All of the stupid enchantment synergy in the world probably isn't getting this in. If it was 2 damage and didn't trigger itself, it might be there, but 1 just seems low impact when compared to similar cards.

CML

Contributor
rolling back the negative opinion of the set for

Pharika
Athreos
Double strike trample dude
5/5 Flyer for 3

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
cbzZ3sxs5A_EN.jpg

I know he doesn't actually say the word heroic on the card, but he's the red heroic card I've been waiting for.

Love this set.

EDIT:

654rfgn4a.jpg

Holy shit! Green Black Devotion fucking rules AND we get a playable night soil variant?

This isn't going to be a <$100 set is it?

Chris Taylor

Contributor
FWIW: if you use her to hose reanimate they get a typhoid rats
"...It's controller puts..."

Anyways:
masterofthefeast.jpg

Holy crap he's huge!

So far, testing the following:
iroasgodofvictory.jpg
masterofthefeast.jpg
propheticflamespeaker.jpg
scourgeoffleets.jpg
gnarledscarhide.jpg
setessantactics.jpg
sigiledstarfish.jpg
ajanimentorofheroes.jpg
manaconfluence.jpg

Okay testing is a loose term on that last one, but man if I can get one in foil...

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
I find it hard to kind Keranos very interesting. Basically he reads "If you can force a long game, you win."

I don't know if this is even true. And forcing a long game is no small feat in some cubes. For what it's worth, this guy requires you to untap 3 times before you get more value than something like, say, Prophetic Bolt.

Omg they have to let you untap with that demon to get a card, I love it. Tension.

What the hell is this green black devoted deck Flowersun is talking about anyway?

CML

Contributor
my favorite card so far is Athreos, though i'm disappointed he doesn't count devotion to spirit tokens. i like everything about it. the design, the development, the name, and the flavor are all super-sweet

riptidechimera.jpg

i had to mainly link this because 'riptide' but hey its a 3/4 flyer
edit: its a mockup so im assuming that isnt the real flavor text but wtf

how does this compare to

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
I don't know if this is even true. And forcing a long game is no small feat in some cubes. For what it's worth, this guy requires you to untap 3 times before you get more value than something like, say, Prophetic Bolt.

To be clear, I don't like the card. I do think that if you can get him down and stretch out the game, you pretty much win, but I don't think that's a very interesting gameplay pattern. I mean, I don't particularly think Phyrexian Arena is that great, paying 2 more for a little upside is not exciting me.

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
Perhaps I'm the only one, but this is the card I'm by far the most excited to try out.

U98a0ifZi1_EN.jpg

Phantasmal Image-style shenanigans, without the annoying need for an opponent to target the copy to get rid of it? Two mana copying, in red? The ability to scale and act as a mana sink?

Sign me up.

To be clear, I don't like the card. I do think that if you can get him down and stretch out the game, you pretty much win, but I don't think that's a very interesting gameplay pattern. I mean, I don't particularly think Phyrexian Arena is that great, paying 2 more for a little upside is not exciting me.

You are actually talking me into not liking this card. The more I look at this guy, the more he starts looking like a Titan/walker (unlimited CA engine with no on-going cost). Worse, it's indestructible. This card could actually break my meta pretty badly, especially in multi-player. There's a reason I won't run Inferno Titan, and this thing is just as busted in the long game.