General Print this Wizards! (So I can put it in my cube)

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
"As an additional cost to cast ~, sacrifice a creature.
Put a token onto the battlefield that's a copy of that creature."

Nice effect, but gruesome art and flavor text. /shudders

"As an additional cost to cast ~, sacrifice a creature."
Yeah, that's what I meant, thanks for the fix. I hate getting MtG wording straight, because so often the card in my head says things like "remove from the game" or "enters play" or such.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Yeah, that's what I meant, thanks for the fix. I hate getting MtG wording straight, because so often the card in my head says things like "remove from the game" or "enters play" or such.

I love getting it right. I don't know why, maybe I like that there's a meticulous methodology to it. MtG-speak is a bit like legalese in this regard. Both exist outside the rules of normal language, each readable to a native speaker of the language used, but not necesarily comprehensible because the meaning of the words and the grammar used are ever so slightly different from normal conversation. /musings

The annoying thing about it, for me, is that only a specific wording is okay, even though many, many different wordings would be easy to understand. Also, that specific wording changes over time so if you play with older cards, you have been trained to use what is now "bad" legalese.

More gifts from the Shepherd:

Idol of Flesh.jpg

God the Modern red frame is ugly.

I can't take credit for the flavor text, it's from War of Omens. Although, it's not always the best-written, so I slimmed down the text on the first card and creepyified the initially-tame flavor text on the second card.

The first card in WoO ends with "and he will reciprocate."

Really? Guaranteed? What a nice vending machine. What a pushover. What a people-pleaser. Terrible clause to tack on the end, there.

No.

The Shepherd is a fucking god and you want him to be pleased. If he reciprocates and you get to eat unrotten meat today, or possibly even live to see your children say their first word, that's amazing! That's great! But don't expect it. Throw down the offal at the edge of the circle and thank the Shepherd that you even HAVE offal.

A/B testing blah blah blah. Red modern frames are terrible. Cheese whiz.

Carnage.jpg Carnage.jpg

These might be getting a little too cutesy. The WoO card that I'm referencing works exactly like Soulblast does, so I figured I'd try to make a smaller, similar effect. For both cards, in a normal 2p game you have some downsides to work around, but in multiplayer it's all upside because it sucks to be red in MP.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Assuming your opponent is the only one who has to sacrifice creatures, carnage should cost somewhere between 5-7 mana. It's very rare to get actual double doom blade at that cost, and with damage piled on top that card is VERY good. (IE certainly too good to cost 3)

Assuming each player sacrifices creatures, look more towards barter in blood for how much that would cost. You get a bit of a discount for it being multicolored, but barter doesn't dome your opponent anymore.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Would this be too good? For cube, not constructed:

Electromancer Apprentice U1
Creature - Human Wizard
Noncreature spells you cast cost 1 less
2/1

Chris Taylor

Contributor
I kinda worry about T3 Jace TMS in the form of a blocker, in mono blue. I'd be okay if it needed to say instant/sorcery, but it feels weird specifying Artifact, Enchantment, Instant or Sorcery spells

How hard is it for someone who only knows basic HTML to put a "Hot or Not" style site up on like, Google Sites or something, and throw in all our custom card designs? Is there like a "based on their photo, which person would you rather sex" site template in a can anywhere?

Thanks, man. If it proves unfeasible for Riptide I'd be happy to take a gander at what you found and see if I can put it up on its own site. And then find out what has happened between now and when Winsock was cool.