General The Roman Emperor Thread

Kirblinx

Developer
Staff member
What do the people say? Should this man be banished for his Blasphemous Act of Treason?

I would vote in favor of Swans, it's an awesome card, but I don't think that convicts have voting rights!

I would also like to put a vote towards the swans. I mean, during our forum draft, I think everyone saw poor Narset Transcendant just go round and round like a record baby, right round, round, round.
Surely it can't be picked lower than her. At least it beats in the air for 4 a turn.

Also, on an actual serious note, I forgot this card existed and I love it to bits. I have a feeling it might go in my cube next round for Noyan Dar, as he just never seems to work out for me.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
This is a fair land, even convicts are part of our society. Fear not, ye have but one strike!

This is an improvement over my average bowling game :)

I shall celebrate my release with a momentous card:

The original leveler... No, wait, that's not right... The original inspiration for the level up mechanic, this little Kithkin grows to epic proportions and gives red and white decks with an aggressive bend something to do with their mana if they flood out.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
This is an improvement over my average bowling game :)

I shall celebrate my release with a momentous card:

The original leveler... No, wait, that's not right... The original inspiration for the level up mechanic, this little Kithkin grows to epic proportions and gives red and white decks with an aggressive bend something to do with their mana if they flood out.

I have already cut this filth. It is banished, and so are you!

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member

I've enjoyed this card immensely. Very interesting to play, very good for pushing UR/URW spells decks. I notice that you're running Jeskai Ascendancy and various other prowess-type triggery things, and this fits right in. In these decks, you want a mix of spell casting and attacking, and this fits both bills. (what on earth does fit the bill even mean?)

After much deliberation, your offering has been accepted.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
It appears my brief reign has come to a close. As a parting act, I shall make one amendment to the rules!

- Future emperors shall be decided by weighted die-roll. Assign to each user one number for each accepted submission. Then roll the die. Whoever's number comes up is the new emperor!

By royal decree, I now pronounce RavebornMuse your new emperor. Post your list for all to see!

Image.ashx
Image.ashx
Image.ashx
Image.ashx
Image.ashx

This throne supplants quickly! Very well, then; we enter a new age! All gather and make thine offerings known; for it is better to have offered and been rejected, than to have never offer'd at all*.

*=(Unless you're hauled off in irons.)

Freshly dethroned and already plotting? But I have no need for such overpeddled wares, Waddell. Rejected!

I like the cut of your jib... But not this. Never this. Rejected!

This has to be better than Sublime, even Exalted maybe. I've won a game by countering my own spell to tap the last blocker.

I have yet to see it come close to miserable. I think only evading removal or freezing a creature when you can cast an instant is pretty fair. You can even hold your kill spell until they go for a freeze on your upkeep or something. I've had a lot of fun playing with it, moreso than other white 4s.

I regret my delay from my duties; there are many other obligations at the top. Like napping, and wenches, and day drinking. Back to work, though!

You have more than enough enablers, mi'lord. Time for some sweet payoff.

Hmm... Accepted, but reluctantly. LaCara, you're walking a fine line!

It'll let Young Pyromancer tokens swing right away, triggers prowess, gives haste to aggro and tokens to midrange or control decks.

Bold and zesty. You were wise to bring me this, Bohlander... But wait, what's this?

I wonder if anger might do this better.
edit: wow that anger art is... aesthetically unappealing

Oho! A squabble in the court. But whose counsel holds the most appeal?

Fair people (and uggos), what do you think? Anger offers me synergy with discard outlets, good duel deck art, and a garbage body. On the other hand, Hammer of Purphoros offers an enabler for Titania, Protector of Argoth and some spice to a potential artifact package, but is a mana-hungry beast..

What say the people?

Accepted, but I'm not tickled. I expect better next time, Diakonov!

Rejecting KG's combover? Boo hiss

Clever, safra... Almost too clever. Accepted.

This has to be better than Sublime, even Exalted maybe. I've won a game by countering my own spell to tap the last blocker.

Insulting my angels?! What next, a call for bank deregulation and an end to the beheadings?? Rejected!

Oho! A squabble in the court. But whose counsel holds the most appeal?

Fair people (and uggos), what do you think? Anger offers me synergy with discard outlets, good duel deck art, and a garbage body. On the other hand, Hammer of Purphoros offers an enabler for Titania, Protector of Argoth and some spice to a potential artifact package, but is a mana-hungry beast..

What say the people?

As a fan of anything that turns on Titania ([Archer]phrasing[/Archer]) I must vote for the Hammer.

I bring another offering, mi'lord. One that is sure to go well with your Volt Charges.

As a fan of anything that turns on Titania ([Archer]phrasing[/Archer]) I must vote for the Hammer.

I bring another offering, mi'lord. One that is sure to go well with your Volt Charges.

A tempting proposal, but I'm already struggling to smash more artifacts in my cube. Rejected!

You seem a far less despotic ruler than jason :p

Waddell was a tyrant. You'll find I'm a more agreeable sort for the throne.
(I'm also waiting to see who the most defiant intelligentsia are so I can oust them under declarations of treason to secure my rule.)

Cogwork Librarian. This is the most fun draft card there is.

An unplayable card that delays packs moving between players? Rejected! Lay another egg like that and we'll see if you cook like a goose as well!

---
In other news, I am giving Hammer of Purphoros the nod. Accepted! This leaves but 1 suggestion left before I make the fateful roll to select the next in succession. I'd suggest it be made swiftly; I've nearly depleted the coffers, which leaves the next in line only the gulags as an amusement in abuse of power.