General The Roman Emperor Thread

Kirblinx

Developer
Staff member
Oh Almighty one, if I may discuss some bureaucratic process within our nation.
I wonder why you have employed such a novice to help you find a way?

I am not saying that he doesn't know what he is doing.
I have seen him do his job of scouting the boarders, but for what purpose?
There doesn't seem to be that much interaction with surrounding nations that we need his services.
But, and hear me out... What if we doubled the workforce.
We would be able to find that interaction with the neighboring nations that has once eluded us if we double the speed.
These guys are harmless and take cheap pay that it seems like an admirable idea no?

Kirblinx

Developer
Staff member
Satyr Wayfinder is cool and all, but I feel like doubling up is excessive when there's surely another card at a similar cost with a similar effect that could be used instead.

I don't think this pawn realises how you run your country your lordship.
In case my words had been mixed, I will reiterate...
I do not wish for you to replace any of your existing workforce. I would hate for anyone to lose their jobs during this recession.
What I am asking is that you cut squad the additional Wayfinder into the same pay packet as the other.

Double the effectiveness, and only one clueless wanderer loses a touch of pay. It is like a win for the entire community.

I shall attempt to redeem my honor with

Truly the finest Welkin Tern in all the land. The spirit text is largely trinket text (although giving Keiga flash is a fine jape), the true power is being a 2/1 flash flyer for {1}{U}. Hold up Remand or Memory Lapse, and should the villain pass the turn with no play, then is the time to strike.

Oh Almighty one, if I may discuss some bureaucratic process within our nation.
I wonder why you have employed such a novice to help you find a way?

I am not saying that he doesn't know what he is doing.
I have seen him do his job of scouting the boarders, but for what purpose?
There doesn't seem to be that much interaction with surrounding nations that we need his services.
But, and hear me out... What if we doubled the workforce.
We would be able to find that interaction with the neighboring nations that has once eluded us if we double the speed.
These guys are harmless and take cheap pay that it seems like an admirable idea no?
A reasonable proposition. But I have already chosen Commune With the Gods to fill my yard. Rejected!. (If Commune doesn't pan out I will probably try this, though...Edit: Actually I might just do both anyway)

I shall attempt to redeem my honor with

Truly the finest Welkin Tern in all the land. The spirit text is largely trinket text (although giving Keiga flash is a fine jape), the true power is being a 2/1 flash flyer for {1}{U}. Hold up Remand or Memory Lapse, and should the villain pass the turn with no play, then is the time to strike.

Accepted!

The Royal Tally

Jason Waddell - 2 - Commune With the Gods, Sylvan Advocate
Suicufnoc - 1 - Goblin Dark Dwellers
David Bohlander - 1 - Sylvan Safekeeper
Peter LaCara - 1 - Rattlechains

White smoke erupts from the chimney. Rejoice! Your new randomly chosen leader shall be Suicufnoc!

Do not long for me. Instead, I ask that you look upon my statue, famously engaging my iPad while eating a sandwich, and be inspired that we can all change the world!

We now enter the reign of a king who takes what he wants, and in return gives nothing. Better to let the barley rot than to waste it on mere peasant. An emperor whose empire spans from the the middle of the earth to the great reaches of the suns and stars in the sky. A dictator, who is always just, because he decides the fate of his servants not by his conscience, but rather decides what is morally just himself, as he is the almighty God. Sing him a new song.

Now begins the winter of your discontent.

Best list, but my customs aren't there, and its probably a set or two (or three) behind. Idea is the same, though: http://www.cubetutor.com/viewcube/9049

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Exalted one, I have humbly per used your list and approve of the aura subtheme I spotted. I doubt the cube can be improved, given that it was sprang from your divine mind, but nonetheless an echo of a glorious age gone by imprinted itself upon me...

Troll Ascetic is a baller, and unkillable 3-power 3-drop in a color that lacks interesting creatures.

Exalted one, I have humbly per used your list and approve of the aura subtheme I spotted. I doubt the cube can be improved, given that it was sprang from your divine mind, but nonetheless an echo of a glorious age gone by imprinted itself upon me...

Troll Ascetic is a baller, and unkillable 3-power 3-drop in a color that lacks interesting creatures.

Fool! Surely this offering that was not good enough for Jason Waddel, a far lesser emperor, is not fit for me. REJECTED!

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
You'd think people would learn that it is unwise to troll the emperor! ;)
Look, with three quarters of what little I earn off of working the land disappearing into the tax coffers of our lord and an expensive hobby to support, these little stints in prison are a very efficient way to get some nutritions, alright? After a while you really begin to appreciate the mouth feel of porridge!

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Milord, perhaps a more...enticing offering?
fb1KMLi.jpg

A fine crossover of your spells and proliferate themes, and serviceable in the zombie decks while milled, and can be put on an isochron scepter.

Laz

Developer
Milord, while your kingdom prospers, and people bask in your presence, might not you have forgotten your spiritual side? I do not propose re-purposing any arable land, but rather the Maze built long ago, that has never yielded mana. Why not erect a great house of worship, where people may sing their praises unto you?

A great abbey, where resident Zombies, Elementals and humans most noble may pray, your name upon their lips.

Milord, while your kingdom prospers, and people bask in your presence, might not you have forgotten your spiritual side? I do not propose re-purposing any arable land, but rather the Maze built long ago, that has never yielded mana. Why not erect a great house of worship, where people may sing their praises unto you?

A great abbey, where resident Zombies, Elementals and humans most noble may pray, your name upon their lips.
Hmmm, we can always use more ways to get rid of those pesky Zombies out in the swamps. ACCEPTED

EH, I may run the new mono colored one, but not as a gold card. REJECTED.

Imperial majesty, this card has brought me joy and it is my hope that it will please you, too. It draws more cards for when you need to throw more burn at your opponent's face or trigger Young Pyromancer or Talrand, Sky Summoner. If that is not what you need, it also plays nicely with Goblin Bombardment and Blood Artist for when you need to pile more damage onto your sacrificial alter.

Who can vouch for this maggot?
Mi'lord, now that you have built an Abbey, might I suggest an Abbot to staff it?

Any sovereign who runs multiple Young Pyromancers will surely make good use of his considerable skills.

AHA! A very wise man. Up to date list actually runs 2 Abbots and 1 Young Pyro. I suppose I'll count that as ACCEPTED.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Draw smoothing is an important aspect of Magic, something you are of course well aware of my lord, I am sorry for the platitudes. What I was getting at is that some colors have it easier in this regard than others. White has notoriously had the most trouble in this department, especially now that red gets looting and exile and cast effects more often. I offer you a humble trader that fits with white's aggressive play style, yet offers a way to get through the first few turns smoothly. This card also offers you a way to replace the many little white creatures that undoubtedly were too weak to endure your reign, seeing as I count only four white one drops. Perhaps this little trader will prove more durable?

Savvy Trader.full.jpg