GBS

CML

Contributor
Are they still in demand enough that one can run a contest of some sorts to give away a beta key?

EDIT: Because I watched it and think it looks terrible and have no interest in playing myself.

i'd like one, friend who got me back into mtg loves it. though he is a ... a libertarian and therefore of questionable taste

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
I got a Jason Waddell name drop today while talking to a couple friends online about modern. Apparently your article on the tribal flames deck really got them excited. They started describing it to me and I was like, yeah that deck sounds like the most fun thing in the world if it doesn't crap out on you often, and they told me all about the GP finish and the article I was like lol Jason was basically live tweeting us his excitement about..... And then it all came together that you had written the fucking article too. So I felt cool that I had heard about the sweet thing they liked before they did and stupid for having to run around the block two times to put it all together.

I think I'm just going to start calling Tribal Flames Jason Waddell. You are the only reason I'm going to hear about that card outside of MM draft.

I'm so goddamn famous.

CML

Contributor
I'm not an easy person to annoy, but watching travis woo after drinking two coffees makes me wanna punch people.

travis is the latest in a lineage of fine athletes from Garfield HS (Seattle) that includes Yasser Seirawan, Brandon Roy, and yours truly. it depresses the fuck out of me to watch him descend incrementally into madness by trying to make money from magic cards. he is going to turn into me from the novella

I hear it's our generation's Space Odyssey! .... Or was that Cloud Atlas....?
I guess it's what you want to call something in order to give science fiction some credibility. Kinda like speculative fiction.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
I thought it was one of the most visually impressive movies ever, even if the plot was pretty straightforward and predictable. Fun way to spend an evening in my opinion.

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
Yeah I liked it, space is just pretty cool and they had a lot of it. I didn't see what was so amazing and game-changing about it though

also, (and this is actually a spoiler):
I'm glad they killed George Clooney('s character). It's usually too easy to tell who lives and dies based on who's famous

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
I will say, I spent like, the first 20 minutes of the movie trying to remember the lead actress' name. "Uh, oh shit, I know it's not Julia Roberts. What's the other one called... ugh... oh Sandra Bullock"

"Wait, the While You Were Sleeping one or the Pretty Woman one? No, her mouth isn't nearly big enough. Why do I think they look alike? Do they?"

Then a couple minutes later. "What's her name again? I just thought of this, why can't I remember. Something with an S... Susan? No, that's not right. Blerg.... oh, yeah, Sandra Bullock"

A few later. "This is ridiculous, I can't think of her name again. This time, when it comes we're going to come up with a mnemonic device. Uh...... no Jason, not Jula Roberts. Fuuuuuusandra Bullock! SB. Like BS but backwards. Reverse bullshit. Got it."

And from that point on I remembered.

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
During the chatcast someone said they'd email me some poker ebooks, but I didn't get anything. If any of you can send me something I'd love it. PM me for email address. Am I openly encouraging piracy? I guess so. MODS!

Dom Harvey

Contributor
Oh that was you?

Send me your email address again, I was going to send them but the files were too large to be attached. I'll see if I can put them on Dropbox or something similar.

i had an oddly vivid dream where i was in a typical high school classroom with all the lights off being interrogated by a {U}{R} theros god about the secrets of the universe (which i knew none of). he looked like Walter Bishop from the show Fringe but with the theros star background and like a red and blue aura and coming out of his eyes
WalterBishopSnack.jpg

there was this green-yellow and black poisonous python trying to kill both of us at the same time but the {U}{R} god didn't notice for a while. The whole time I was hallucinating a judge's familiar who was the {W}{U} god sending me messages to keep mr. {U}{R} busy with false(?) answers such as "you will die to your own steam augury". then suddenly we were outside it was snowing and i realized that BNG brings back snow mana and is about devotion to snow. there were pine trees.

why would a god be afraid of a python. also i dont believe pythons are poisonous. also i know absolutely nothing about theros's actual storyline

so yeah, calling it here, devotion to snow.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
I was looking back through the forum stats, and, in our first 8 months of existence we broke 100 posts / day twice. We've done it 8 times in the last month, and active users / day is at an all time high. Keep being awesome everybody, thanks for being here!

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
I spend more than an hour a day at work trying to keep up with the forums, and I can baaaaaarely do it. There's always some new post around the corner.

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
Any of you chaps got a set of Dixit? There's one I want a nice scan of for my ipod background. It's the red leaf dude walking away sadly.

Not the best scanner in the world, but contrast can probably get you a long way: http://imgur.com/WuiEUnl

edit: It's also terribly unappealing to scan magic cards in it, it literally reveals every single blemish, also those not visible to the naked eye. I was uploading a scan of a beta Forcefield to MKM, and it was a terrible eyesore despite being in very good condition in plain sight.