Sets BNG Spoilers

Laz

Developer
New infest variant? Maybe.

I will probably reexamine the bestow cards at some point, but nothing jumps out.

Edit: 3/3 Black flyer for 3, bestow 5 is ok.

Dom Harvey

Contributor
Yeah, Herald of Torment is the only card I'm looking at. Maybe the Lion King, but he's just so dull.

I'd like to find a way to make Chromanticore work, though. We're close to the point where Replenish is a viable card.

I am going to at least test Kiora, and the flying 1bb 3/3 with bestow that damages you. Probably something more.

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
i just woke up from a dream where someone was selling that gold token for $19

i think

maybe i'm still dreaming

Chris Taylor

Contributor
nyxborneidolon.jpg

Poor Auras. They finally made you good, but now you're too expensive to be good.
I had this guy pegged at B, bestow BB1 and uncommon. Jesus.

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
Hunter's Prowess sort of fits into the same spot as Overrun, Revenge of the Hunted, etc. Those cards aren't particularly highly drafted, but sometimes a deck want them. You really don't need redundancy in these kinds of cards.

And when they want something like that, I think I'd prefer the card to kill the opponent then draw some cards.

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
So far I like the following cards:

Hero of Iroas
Spirit of the Labyrinth
Herald of Torment
Hero of Leina Tower
Ephara, God of the Polis
Kiora's Follower

I am interested in, but might not actually like

Mogis, God of Slaughter
Kiora, the Crashing Wave
Spiteful Returned
Bile Blight
Archtype of Courage

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
Hunter's Prowess sort of fits into the same spot as Overrun, Revenge of the Hunted, etc. Those cards aren't particularly highly drafted, but sometimes a deck want them. You really don't need redundancy in these kinds of cards.

And when they want something like that, I think I'd prefer the card to kill the opponent then draw some cards.

Yeah, Revenge of the Hunted came to mind for me too when I saw Hunter's Prowess. While they do pretty different things, they fill more or less the same slot in your deck, and you can't run more than one or two of these cards. I'll probably continue to use Revenge because the surprise mode packs a punch without requiring much of any setup.

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
Well, Brimaz is just a beater that provides a disturbing amount of value without synergy (but still worsks well with typically cubed effects) to the point where he is better then a lot of his competitors even when they get their synergy who also requires zero thought to play. Whether or not he's too good is up in the air, but clearly he pushes a lot of cards into "feelbad runner-up" territory for very little benefit.

CML

Contributor
spirit of the labyrinth
brimaz
whelming wave
spiteful returned
herald of torment
felhide spiritbinder
drown in sorrow
pain seer
ephara
mogis
xenagos

searing blood

i dunno try em all why not

Dougggggg

Reigning Draft Champion
Kiora and her follower
Mogis
Drown in Sorrow
Herald of torment
Bile Blight (Seems awesome in cubes that support token themes but want to keep them in check)
Spirit of the Labyrinth
Archetype of Courage
Maybe Brimaz

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Big spoiler dump guys:

loyalpegasus.jpg

Maybe. Probably not, but I'm hoping. I so wanted War Falcon to work, maybe this is easier?

gild.jpg

Artifact token? Cool.
Probably not better than sever the bloodline, but cool.

eyegouge.jpg

BUHAHAHAHA I LOVE IT SO MUCH

eidolonofcountlessbattles.jpg

You know what maybe

courserofkruphix.jpg

Damn girl, dat toughness! it doesn't let you play extra lands like oracle of mul daya, but the life is real and the body is real and the cards are real and I think this is real guys?

acolytesreward.jpg

Finally a devotion card I like :p

aspectofhydra.jpg

I'm purposely not adding this and keeping my second rancor because if this gets too big.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
courserofkruphix.jpg

Damn girl, dat toughness! it doesn't let you play extra lands like oracle of mul daya, but the life is real and the body is real and the cards are real and I think this is real guys?

What's that, you're a much needed green 3-drop that makes two lifegain triggers off of a fetchland? Did you make this card for my cube Wizards???????????????????????

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
I've been looking for a playable Oracle of Mul Daya variant for a loooong time. I'm pretty sure if you dig far enough you can find posts with me grousing that I wish the card cost 3. Works with triple Brainstorm too. This card is so sweet. I am happy happy happy. Favorite card of the set no question.

Dom Harvey

Contributor
Marshmist Titan
mana6.gif
manab.gif

Creature - Giant
born-of-the-gods-common.gif

Marshmist Titan costs X less to cast, where X is your devotion to black.
A favorite of Erebos, for it has sent many to the Underworld.
Illus. Volkan Baga
4/5

Devotion Pod lives!